- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 620238, 11 pages
Analysis of Third-Grade Fluid in Helical Screw Rheometer
1Department of Mathematics, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan
2Department of Mathematics, Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan, Pakistan
3Department of Mathematics, Pennsylvania State University, York Campus, York, PA 17 403, USA
Received 17 October 2012; Revised 4 March 2013; Accepted 20 March 2013
Academic Editor: Juan Torregrosa
Copyright © 2013 M. Zeb et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. S. Rivlin and I. L. Erickson, “Stress deformation relations for isotropic materials,” Journal of Rational Mechanics and Analysis, vol. 4, pp. 323–425, 1955.
- M. Alinia, D. D. Ganji, and M. Gorji-Bandpy, “Numerical study of mixed convection in an inclined two sided lid driven cavity filled with nanofluid using two-phase mixture model,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 38, no. 10, pp. 1428–1435, 2011.
- M. Sheikholeslami, M. Gorji-Bandpy, D. D. Ganji, S. Soleimani, and S. M. Seyyedi, “Natural convection of nanofluids in an enclosure between a circular and a sinusoidal cylinder in the presence of magnetic field,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 1435–1443, 2012.
- M. Sheikholeslami, M. Gorji-Bandpy, and D. D. Ganji, “Magnetic field effects on natural convection around a horizontal circular cylinder inside a square enclosure filled with nanofluid,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 978–986, 2012.
- D. D. Ganji, “A semi Analytical technique for non linear settling particle equation of Motion,” Journal of Hydro Environment Research, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 323–327, 2012.
- M. Sheikholeslami and D. D. Ganji, “Heat transfer of Cu water nanofluid flow between parallel plates,” Powder Technology, vol. 235, pp. 873–879, 2013.
- S. M. Hamidi, Y. Rostamiyan, D. D. Ganji, and A. Fereidoon, “A novel and developed approximation for motion of a spherical solid particle in plane coquette fluid flow,” Advanced Poweder Tecnology, 2013.
- A. H. Nayfeh, Introduction to Perturbation Techniques, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 178, no. 3-4, pp. 257–262, 1999.
- M. Grover and A. K. Tomer, “Comparison of optimal homotopy asymptotic method with homotopy perturbation method of twelfth order boundary value problems,” International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 2739–2747, 2011.
- J. H. He, “Asymptotology by homotopy perturbation method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 156, no. 3, pp. 591–596, 2004.
- G. Adomian, Stochastic Systems, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1983.
- G. Adomian, Nonlinear Stochastic Operator Equations, Academic Press, Orlando, Fla, USA, 1986.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “A comparison between Adomian decomposition method and Taylor series method in the series solutions,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 97, no. 1, pp. 37–44, 1998.
- A. M. Wazwaz, “Analytical solution for the time-dependent Emden-Fowler type of equations by Adomian decomposition method,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 166, no. 3, pp. 638–651, 2005.
- A. M. Siddiqui, M. Hameed, B. M. Siddiqui, and Q. K. Ghori, “Use of Adomian decomposition method in the study of parallel plate flow of a third grade fluid,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 2388–2399, 2010.
- A. M. Wazwaz, Partial Differential Equations Methods and Applications, A. A. Balkema, Tokyo, Japan, 2002.
- M. S. Tamura, J. M. Henderson, R. L. Powell, and C. F. Shoemaker, “Analysis of the helical screw rheometer for fluid food,” Journal of Food Process Engineering, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 93–126, 1993.
- A. M. Siddiqui, T. Haroon, and S. Irum, “Torsional flow of third grade fluid using modified homotopy perturbation method,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2274–2285, 2009.
- R. V. Chiruvella, Y. Jaluria, V. Sernas, and M. Esseghir, “Extrusion of non-Newtonian fluids in a single-screw extruder with pressure back flow,” Polymer Engineering and Science, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 358–367, 1996.
- M. A. Rao, “Rheology of liquid foods: a review,” Journal of Texture Studies, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 135–168, 1977.
- P. J. Tily, “Viscosity measurement (part 2),” Measurement and Control, vol. 16, no. 4, pp. 137–139, 1983.
- R. B. Bird, R. C. Armstrong, and O. Hassager, “Enhancement of axial annular flow by rottaing inner cylinder,” in Dynamics of Ploymeric Liquids, Fluid Mechanics, vol. 1, pp. 184–187, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1987.
- W. D. Mohr and R. S. Mallouk, “Power requirement and pressure distribution of fluid in a screw extruder,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 51, no. 6, pp. 765–770, 1959.
- G. Adomian and R. Rach, “On the solution of algebraic equations by the decomposition method,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 141–166, 1985.
- G. Adomian, “Convergent series solution of nonlinear equations,” Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 225–230, 1984.
- G. Adomian, “A review of the decomposition method in applied mathematics,” Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, vol. 135, no. 2, pp. 501–544, 1988.