- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 645263, 6 pages
Refinements of Generalized Aczél's Inequality and Bellman's Inequality and Their Applications
1College of Science and Technology, North China Electric Power University, Baoding, Hebei Province 071051, China
2Department of Mathematics and Computer, Baoding University, Baoding, Hebei Province 071000, China
Received 13 October 2012; Accepted 30 December 2012
Academic Editor: Shanhe Wu
Copyright © 2013 Jing-Feng Tian and Shu-Yan Wang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Aczél, “Some general methods in the theory of functional equations in one variable. New applications of functional equations,” Uspekhi Matematicheskikh Nauk, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 3–68, 1956 (Russian).
- E. F. Beckenbach and R. Bellman, Inequalities, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1983.
- J. L. Díaz-Barrero, M. Grau-Sánchez, and P. G. Popescu, “Refinements of Aczél, Popoviciu and Bellman's inequalities,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 56, no. 9, pp. 2356–2359, 2008.
- G. Farid, J. Pečarić, and A. Ur Rehman, “On refinements of Aczél, Popoviciu, Bellman's inequalities and related results,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2010, Article ID 579567, 17 pages, 2010.
- G. H. Hardy, J. E. Littlewood, and G. Pólya, Inequalities, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1952.
- D. S. Mitrinović, J. E. Pečarić, and A. M. Fink, Classical and New Inequalities in Analysis, vol. 61, Kluwer Academic, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1993.
- Y. Ouyang and R. Mesiar, “On the Chebyshev type inequality for seminormed fuzzy integral,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 22, no. 12, pp. 1810–1815, 2009.
- T. Popoviciu, “On an inequality,” Gazeta Matematica şi Fizica A, vol. 11, no. 64, pp. 451–461, 1959 (Romanian).
- J. Tian, “Inequalities and mathematical properties of uncertain variables,” Fuzzy Optimization and Decision Making, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 357–368, 2011.
- J. Tian, “Reversed version of a generalized Aczél's inequality and its application,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2012, article 202, 2012.
- J. Tian, “Reversed version of a generalized sharp Hölder's inequality and its applications,” Information Sciences, vol. 201, pp. 61–69, 2012.
- J. Tian, “Extension of Hu Ke's inequality and its applications,” Journal of Inequalities and Applications, vol. 2011, article 77, 2011.
- J. Tian, “Property of a Hölder-type inequality and its application,” Mathematical Inequalities & Applications. In press.
- J. Tian and X. M. Hu, “A new reversed version of a generalized sharp Hölder's inequality and its applications,” Abstract and Applied Analysis. In press.
- P. M. Vasić and J. E. Pečarić, “On the Hölder and some related inequalities,” Mathematica, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 95–103, 1982.
- P. M. Vasić and J. E. Pečarić, “On the Jensen inequality for monotone functions,” Analele Universitatii din Timişoara, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 95–104, 1979.
- S. Vong, “On a generalization of Aczél's inequality,” Applied Mathematics Letters, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1301–1307, 2011.
- S. Wu and L. Debnath, “Generalizations of Aczél's inequality and Popoviciu's inequality,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 49–62, 2005.
- W. Yang, “Refinements of generalized Aczél-Popoviciu's inequality and Bellman's inequality,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 59, no. 11, pp. 3570–3577, 2010.
- R. Bellman, “On an inequality concerning an indefinite form,” The American Mathematical Monthly, vol. 63, pp. 108–109, 1956.