- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 645345, 11 pages
Dynamics of Numerics of Nonautonomous Equations with Periodic Solutions: Introducing the Numerical Floquet Theory
Department of Mathematics, University of Johannesburg, P.O. Box 17011, Doornfontein 2028, South Africa
Received 22 September 2012; Revised 2 March 2013; Accepted 26 March 2013
Academic Editor: Alberto Cabada
Copyright © 2013 Melusi Khumalo. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Iserles, “Stability and dynamics of numerical methods for nonlinear ordinary differential equations,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 1–30, 1990.
- A. Stuart, “Linear instability implies spurious periodic solutions,” IMA Journal of Numerical Analysis, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 465–486, 1989.
- J. K. Hale and H. Koçak, Dynamics and Bifurcations, vol. 3, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- A. Foster and M. Khumalo, “Transformation of local bifurcations under collocation methods,” Journal of the Korean Mathematical Society, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 1101–1123, 2011.
- E. Hairer, S. P. Nørsett, and G. Wanner, Solving Ordinary Differential Equations. I, vol. 8, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1993.
- J. D. Lambert, Numerical Methods for Ordinary Differential Systems, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1991.
- A. M. Stuart and A. R. Humphries, Dynamical Systems and Numerical Analysis, vol. 2, Cambridge University Press, New York, NY, USA, 1996.
- J. L. Massera, “The existence of periodic solutions of systems of differential equations,” Duke Mathematical Journal, vol. 17, pp. 457–475, 1950.