- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 657978, 9 pages
Fuzzy Group Decision Making for Multiobjective Problems: Tradeoff between Consensus and Robustness
1Department of Management, College of Information System and Management, National University of Defense Technology, Changsha, Hunan 410073, China
2School of Software, Shenzhen Institute of Information Technology, Shenzhen 518172, China
Received 3 April 2013; Revised 24 June 2013; Accepted 12 July 2013
Academic Editor: Jianming Zhan
Copyright © 2013 Jian Xiong et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. Bose, A. M. Davey, and D. L. Olson, “Multi-attribute utility methods in group decision making: past applications and potential for inclusion in GDSS,” Omega, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 691–706, 1997.
- J. Lu, G. Zhang, D. Ruan, and F. Wu, Multi-Objective Group Decision Making: Methods, Software and Applications with Fuzzy Set Technology, Imperial College Press, London, UK, 2007.
- G. Zhang, J. Ma, and J. Lu, “Emergency management evaluation by a fuzzy multi-criteria group decision support system,” Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 517–527, 2009.
- L. Thiele, K. Miettinen, P. J. Korhonen, and J. Molina, “A preference-based evolutionary algorithm for multi-objective optimization,” Evolutionary Computation, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 411–436, 2009.
- H. A. Abbass, “An inexpensive cognitive approach for bi-objective optimization using bliss points and interaction,” in Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Parallel Problem Solving From Nature (PPSN), vol. 3242 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 712–721, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2004.
- H. A. Abbass, “An economical cognitive approach for bi-objective optimization using bliss points, visualization, and interaction,” Soft Computing, vol. 10, no. 8, pp. 687–698, 2006.
- H. A. Abbass and A. Bender, “The Pareto operating curve for risk minimization in life and robotics,” Artificial Life Robotics, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 449–452, 2009.
- L. T. Bui, H. A. Abbass, M. Barlow, and A. Bender, “Robustness against the decision-maker's attitude to risk in problems with conflicting objectives,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1–19, 2012.
- Y. Y. Haimes, Risk Modeling, Assessment, and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ, USA, 3rd edition, 2008.
- M. Ehrgott and X. Gandibleux, “Approximative solution methods for multiobjective combinatorial optimization,” Top, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 1–63, 2004.
- C. A. C. Coello, “Evolutionary multi-objective optimization: a historical view of the field,” IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 28–36, 2006.
- E. Zitzler and L. Thiele, “Multiobjective evolutionary algorithms: a comparative case study and the strength Pareto approach,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 257–271, 1999.
- E. Zitzler, M. Laumanns, and L. Thiele, “Spea2: Improving the strenth Pareto evolutionary algorithm,” in Evolutionary Methods for Design, Optimization and Control with Applications to Industrial Problems (EUROGEN 2001), K. Giannakoglou, Ed., pp. 95–100, International Center for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Athens, Greece, 2002.
- J. D. Knowles and D. W. Corne, “Approximating the nondominated front using the Pareto archived evolution strategy,” Evolutionary Computation, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 149–172, 2000.
- K. Deb, A. Pratap, S. Agarwal, and T. Meyarivan, “A fast and elitist multiobjective genetic algorithm: NSGA-II,” IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 182–197, 2002.
- S. Phelps and M. Köksalan, “An interactive evolutionary metaheuristic for multiobjective combinatorial optimization,” Management Science, vol. 49, no. 12, pp. 1726–1738, 2003.
- K. Deb and J. Sundar, “Reference point based multi-objective optimization using evolutionary algorithms,” in Proceedings of the 8th Annual Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO '06), pp. 635–642, Seattle, Wash, USA, July 2006.
- K. Deb and S. Chaudhuri, “I-MODE: an interactive multi-objective optimization and decision-making using evolutionary methods,” in Evolutionary Multi-Criterion Optimization, S. Obayashi, Ed., vol. 4403 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 788–802, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2007.
- J. Hakanen, Y. Kawajiri, K. Miettinen, and L. T. Biegler, “Interactive multi-objective optimization for simulated moving bed processes,” Control and Cybernetics, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 283–302, 2007.
- S. Chaudhuri and K. Deb, “An interactive evolutionary multi-objective optimization and decision making procedure,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 496–511, 2010.
- J. Xiong, K. W. Yang, J. Liu, Q. S. Zhao, and Y. W. Chen, “A two-stage preference-based evolutionary multi-objective approach for capability planning problems,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 31, pp. 128–139, 2012.
- J. Lu, G. Zhang, and D. Ruan, “Intelligent multi-criteria fuzzy group decision-making for situation assessments,” Soft Computing, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 289–299, 2008.
- R. A. Krohling and V. C. Campanharo, “Fuzzy TOPSIS for group decision making: a case study for accidents with oil spill in the sea,” Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 4190–4197, 2011.
- J. Lu, J. Ma, G. Zhang, Y. Zhu, X. Zeng, and L. Koehl, “Theme-based comprehensive evaluation in new product development using fuzzy hierarchical criteria group decision-making method,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 58, no. 6, pp. 2236–2246, 2011.
- J. Xiong, Y. Chen, K. Yang, and J. Liu, “A decision support model for multi-attribute group decision making using a multi-objective optimization approach,” International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 337–353, 2013.
- J. Ma, J. Lu, and G. Zhang, “Decider: a fuzzy multi-criteria group decision support system,” Knowledge-Based Systems, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2010.
- J. Kacprzyk, M. Fedrizzi, and H. Nurmi, “Group decision making and consensus under fuzzy preferences and fuzzy majority,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 21–31, 1992.
- F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma, and J. L. Verdegay, “A model of consensus in group decision making under linguistic assessments,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 73–87, 1996.
- E. Herrera-Viedma, F. Herrera, and F. Chiclana, “A consensus model for multiperson decision making with different preference structures,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics A, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 394–402, 2002.
- S. Alonso, E. Herrera-Viedma, F. Chiclana, and F. Herrera, “A web based consensus support system for group decision making problems and incomplete preferences,” Information Sciences, vol. 180, no. 23, pp. 4477–4495, 2010.
- F. J. Cabrerizo, J. M. Moreno, I. J. Pérez, and E. Herrera-Viedma, “Analyzing consensus approaches in fuzzy group decision making: advantages and drawbacks,” Soft Computing, vol. 14, no. 5, pp. 451–463, 2010.
- H. M. Hsu and C. T. Chen, “Aggregation of fuzzy opinions under group decision making,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 279–285, 1996.
- F. Herrera, E. Herrera-Viedma, and J. L. Verdegay, “Linguistic measures based on fuzzy coincidence for reaching consensus in group decision making,” International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 16, no. 3-4, pp. 309–334, 1997.
- E. Herrera-Viedma, L. Martínez, F. Mata, and F. Chiclana, “A consensus support system model for group decision-making problems with multigranular linguistic preference relations,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 644–658, 2005.
- F. Mata, L. Martínez, and E. Herrera-Viedma, “An adaptive consensus support model for group decision-making problems in a multigranular fuzzy linguistic context,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 279–290, 2009.
- Z. Xu, “An automatic approach to reaching consensus in multiple attribute group decision making,” Computers and Industrial Engineering, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1369–1374, 2009.
- Z. Wu and J. Xu, “A consistency and consensus based decision support model for group decision making with multiplicative preference relations,” Decision Support Systems, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 757–767, 2012.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 338–353, 1965.
- C. T. Chen, “Extensions of the TOPSIS for group decision-making under fuzzy environment,” Fuzzy Sets and Systems, vol. 114, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 2000.
- T. T. Binh and U. Korn, “An evolution strategy for the multiobjective optimization,” in Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, pp. 23–28, 1996.