- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 685137, 21 pages
Numerical Approximation of Higher-Order Solutions of the Quadratic Nonlinear Stochastic Oscillatory Equation Using WHEP Technique
1Engineering Mathematics & Physics Department, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt
2Mathematics Department, Faculty of Science, Northern Borders University, Arar, Saudi Arabia
Received 21 March 2013; Accepted 4 July 2013
Academic Editor: Turgut Öziş
Copyright © 2013 Mohamed A. El-Beltagy and Amnah S. Al-Johani. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Jahedi and G. Ahmadi, “Application of Wiener-Hermite expansion to nonstationary random vibration of a Duffing oscillator,” Transactions of the ASME. Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 50, no. 2, pp. 436–442, 1983.
- J. C. Cortes, J. V. Romero, M. D. Rosello, and R. J. Villanueva, “Applying the Wiener-Hermite random technique to study the evolution of excess weight population in the region of Valencia (Spain),” American Journal of Computational Mathematics, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 274–281, 2012.
- W. Lue, Wiener chaos expansion and numerical solutions of stochastic partial differential equations [Ph.D. thesis], California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif, USA, 2006.
- M. A. El-Tawil, “The application of WHEP technique on stochastic partial differential equations,” International Journal of Differential Equations and Applications, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 325–337, 2003.
- M. A. El-Tawil and A. S. Al-Johani, “Approximate solution of a mixed nonlinear stochastic oscillator,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 58, no. 11-12, pp. 2236–2259, 2009.
- M. A. El-Tawil and A. S. El-Johani, “On solutions of stochastic oscillatory quadratic nonlinear equations using different techniques, a comparison study,” Journal of Physics, vol. 96, no. 1, 2008.
- M. A. El-Tawil and A. F. Fareed, “Solution of stochastic cubic and quintic nonlinear diffusion equation using WHEP, Pickard and HPM methods,” Open Journal of Discrete Mathematics, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 6–21, 2011.
- M. A. El-Tawil and A. El-Shikhipy, “Approximations for some statistical moments of the solution process of stochastic Navier-Stokes equation using WHEP technique,” Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 1095–1100, 2012.
- M. A. El-Tawil and A. A. El-Shekhipy, “Statistical analysis of the stochastic solution processes of 1-D stochastic navier-stokes equation using WHEP technique,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 8, pp. 5756–5773, 2013.
- A. S. El-Johani, “Comparisons between WHEP and homotopy perturbation techniques in solving stochastic cubic oscillatory problems,” in Proceedings of the AIP Conference, vol. 1148, pp. 743–752, 2010.
- N. Wiener, Nonlinear Problems in Random Theory, MIT Press, John Wiley, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1958.
- R. H. Cameron and W. T. Martin, “The orthogonal development of non-linear functionals in series of Fourier-Hermite functionals,” Annals of Mathematics, vol. 48, pp. 385–392, 1947.
- T. Imamura, W. C. Meecham, and A. Siegel, “Symbolic calculus of the Wiener process and Wiener-Hermite functionals,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 6, pp. 695–706, 1965.
- W. C. Meecham and D. T. Jeng, “Use of the Wiener-Hermite expansion for nearly normal turbulence,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 32, pp. 225–235, 1968.
- E. F. Abdel-Gawad and M. A. El-Tawil, “General stochastic oscillatory systems,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 17, no. 6, pp. 329–335, 1993.
- M. A. El-Beltagy and M. A. El-Tawil, “Toward a solution of a class of non-linear stochastic perturbed PDEs using automated WHEP algorithm,” Applied Mathematical Modelling, vol. 37, no. 12-13, pp. 7174–7192, 2013.
- X. Yong, X. Wei, and G. Mahmoud, “On a complex duffing system with random excitation,” Chaos, Solitons and Fractals, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 126–132, 2008.
- P. Spanos, “Stochastic linearization in structural dynamics,” Applied Mechanics Reviews, vol. 34, pp. 1–8, 1980.
- W. Q. Zhu, “Recent developments and applications of the stochastic averaging method in random vibration,” Applied Mechanics Reviews, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 72–80, 1996.
- J. Atkinson, “Eigenfunction expansions for randomly excited nonlinear systems,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 153–172, 1973.
- A. Bezen and F. Klebaner, “Stationary solutions and stability of second order random differential equations,” Physica A, vol. 233, no. 3-4, pp. 809–823, 1996.
- A. H. Nayfeh, Problems in Perturbation, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- MathML, http://www.w3.org/Math/.