- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 739068, 10 pages
A Mathematical Approach to Establishing Constitutive Models for Geomaterials
1Guangdong Provincial Research Institute of Water Conservancy and Hydropower, Guangzhou 510610, China
2State Key Laboratory of Hydroscience and Engineering, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
Received 1 March 2013; Accepted 25 May 2013
Academic Editor: Pengcheng Fu
Copyright © 2013 Guang-hua Yang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. M. Duncan and C. Y. Chang, “Nonlinear analysis of stress and strain in soils,” ASCE Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, vol. 96, no. 5, pp. 1629–1653, 1970.
- J. M. Duncan, P. Byren, K. Wong, and P. Mabry, “Strength, stress-strain and bulk modulous parametres for finite element analysis of stress and movements in soils masses,” Tech. Rep. UCB/GT/80O01, University of California, Berkeley, Calif, USA, 1980.
- D. Battelino and B. Majes, “A hypoelastic model of soils accounting for failure,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, pp. 39–42, Tokyo, Japan, 1977.
- L. Domaschuk and P. Valliappan, “Nonlinear settlement analysis by finite element,” ASCE Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, vol. 101, no. 7, pp. 601–614, 1975.
- D. J. Naylor, “Stress-strain laws for soils,” in Developments in Soil Mechanics, C. R. Scott, Ed., chapter 2, pp. 39–68, Applied Science, London, UK, 1978.
- D. C. Drucker, R. E. Gibson, and D. J. Henkek, “Soil mechanics and work hardening theories of plasticity,” ASCE Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 1955.
- K. H. Roscoe, A. N. Schofield, and A. Thurairajah, “Yielding of clay in states wetter than critical,” Geotechnique, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 211–240, 1963.
- K. H. Roscoe and J. B. Burland, “On the generalised stress-strain behaviour of an ideal wet clay,” in Engineering Plasticity, J. Heyman and F. A. Leckie, Eds., pp. 535–609, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1968.
- C. P. Wroth and R. H. Bassett, “A stress-strain relationship for the shearing behavior of sand,” Geotechnique, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 32–56, 1965.
- H. B. Poorooshasb, I. Holubec, and A. N. Sherbome, “Yielding and flow of sand in triaxial compression,” Canadian Geotechnical Journal, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 179–190, 1966.
- Y. P. Yao, T. Luo, D. A. Sun, and H. Matsuoka, “A simple 3-D constitutive model for both clay and sand,” Chinese Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 240–246, 2002.
- Y.-P. Yao, W. Hou, and A.-N. Zhou, “UH model: three-dimensional unified hardening model for overconsolidated clays,” Geotechnique, vol. 59, no. 5, pp. 451–469, 2009.
- C. S. Desai and M. O. Faruque, “Constitutive model for geological materials,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 110, no. 9, pp. 1391–1408, 1984.
- C. S. Desai, S. Somasundaram, and G. Frantziskonis, “A hierarchical approach for constitutive modelling of geologic materials,” International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 225–257, 1986.
- P. V. Lade and J. M. Duncan, “Elasto-plastic stress-strain theory for cohesionless soil with curved yield surfaces,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 1019–1035, 1977.
- M. K. Kim and P. V. Lade, “Single hardening constitutive model for frictional materials. I. Plastic potential function,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 307–324, 1988.
- P. V. Lade and M. K. Kim, “Single hardening constitutive model for frictional materials II. Yield critirion and plastic work contours,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 13–29, 1988.
- P. V. Lade and M. K. Kim, “Single hardening constitutive model for frictional materials III. Comparisons with experimental data,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 31–47, 1988.
- Y. R. Zheng and D. J. Yan, “Multi-yield surface model for soils on the basis of test fitting,” in Computer Methods and Advances in Geotechnics, pp. 97–104, Taylor & Francis, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 1994.
- Y. F. Dafalias and L. R. Herrmann, “Bounding surface soil plasticity model,” Microstructural Science, vol. 1, pp. 335–345, 1980.
- Y. F. Dafalias, “Bounding surface plasticity. I: mathematical foundation and hypoplasticity,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 112, no. 9, pp. 966–987, 1986.
- Y. Dafalias and L. R. Hermann, “Bounding surface plasticity. II: application to isotropic cohesive soils,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 112, no. 12, pp. 1263–1291, 1986.
- A. Anandarajah and Y. F. Dafalias, “Bounding surface plasticity. III: application to anisotropic cohesive soils,” Journal of Engineering Mechanics, vol. 112, no. 12, pp. 1292–1318, 1986.
- K. Hashiguchi, “Subloading surface model in unconventional plasticity,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 917–945, 1989.
- K. Hashiguchi and Z.-P. Chen, “Elastoplastic constitutive equation of soils with the subloading surface and the rotational hardening,” International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 197–227, 1998.
- Z. P. Bazant, “Endochronic inelasticity and incremental plasticity,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 691–714, 1978.
- C. S. Desai and J. Toth, “Disturbed state constitutive modeling based on stress-strain and nondestructive behavior,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1619–1650, 1996.
- G. H. Yang, “Building the generalized plastic potential theory in constitutive relation of soils,” in Proceedings of the 3rd National Conference on the Numerical Analysis and Analytical Method for Rock and Soil Mechanics, pp. 140–148, Zhuhai, China, 1988.
- G. H. Yang, “A law for the general form of tensor in the constitutive equation of the soil and rock materials,” in Proceedings of the Theory and Application of Water Power and Structure Engineering, pp. 315–321, Dalian, China, 1993.
- G. H. Yang, “Study on the mathematical constitutive theory of soils,” in Proceedings of the 3rd National Young Scholar Conference on Rock and Soil Mechanics Engineering, pp. 100–112, Dalian, China, 1995.
- G. H. Yang, “A new strain space elasto-plastic constitutive model for soils,” in Proceedings of the 2nd international conference on soft soil engineering, pp. 255–262, Nanjing, China, 1996.
- W. Zhou, Y. Liu, and J. Zhao, “Multi-potential based discontinuous bifurcation model for jointed rock masses and its application,” Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol. 192, no. 33-34, pp. 3569–3584, 2003.
- A. Zhou and T. Lu, “Elasto-plastic constitutive model of soil-structure interface in consideration of strain softening and dilation,” Acta Mechanica Solida Sinica, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 171–179, 2009.
- A. Anandarajah, K. Sobhan, and N. Kuganenthira, “Incremental stress-strain behavior of granular soil,” ASCE Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 57–68, 1995.
- H. Matsuoka and T. Nakai, “Stress-strain relationship of soil based on the ‘SMP’,” in Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, pp. 153–162, Tokyo, Japan, 1977.
- T. Nakai and H. Matsuoka, “Constitutive equation for soils based on the extended concept of “Spatial Mobilized Plane” and its application to finite element analysis,” Soils and Foundations, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 87–105, 1983.
- J. T. H. Wu, “Predicting performance of the Denver walls: general report,” in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Soft Geosynthetic-Reinforced Soil Retaining Walls, Balkema A. A., Tokyo, Japan, November 1992.
- Z. J. Shen and W. M. Zhang, “Analysis of effective stress and movements of Lubuge dam,” in Numerical Methods in Geomechanics: Innsbruck 1988, Balkema A.A., Rotterdam, The Netherlands, 1988, Proceeding of the 6th International Conference on Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, Innsbruck, Austria.