- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 742653, 8 pages
A Hybrid Metaheuristic for Multiple Runways Aircraft Landing Problem Based on Bat Algorithm
1College of Information Science and Engineering, Guangxi University for Nationalities, Nanning, Guangxi 530006, China
2Guangxi Key Laboratory of Hybrid Computation and IC Design Analysis, Nanning, Guangxi 530006, China
Received 17 May 2013; Accepted 11 July 2013
Academic Editor: Xin-She Yang
Copyright © 2013 Jian Xie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. E. Beasley, M. Krishnamoorthy, Y. M. Sharaiha, and D. Abramson, “Scheduling aircraft landings—the static case,” Transportation Science, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 180–197, 2000.
- H. Pinol and J. E. Beasley, “Scatter search and bionomic algorithms for the aircraft landing problem,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 171, no. 2, pp. 439–462, 2006.
- J. A. Bennell, M. Mesgarpour, and C. N. Potts, “Airport runway scheduling,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 204, pp. 249–270, 2013.
- A. R. Brentnall and R. C. H. Cheng, “Some effects of aircraft arrival sequence algorithms,” Journal of the Operational Research Society, vol. 60, no. 7, pp. 962–972, 2009.
- M. Wen, Algorithms of Scheduling Aircraft Landing Problem, Technical University of Denmark, DTU, Lyngby, Denmark, 2005.
- N. Bäuerle, O. Engelhardt-Funke, and M. Kolonko, “On the waiting time of arriving aircrafts and the capacity of airports with one or two runways,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 177, no. 2, pp. 1180–1196, 2006.
- X.-B. Hu and E. Di Paolo, “An efficient genetic algorithm with uniform crossover for air traffic control,” Computers and Operations Research, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 245–259, 2009.
- G. Bencheikh, J. Boukachour, and A. E. H. Alaoui, “Improved ant colony algorithm to solve the aircraft landing problem,” International Journal of Computer Theory and Engineering, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 224–233, 2011.
- A. Salehipour, M. Modarres, and N. L. Moslemi, “An efficient hybrid meta-heuristic for aircraft landing problem,” Computers & Operations Research, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 207–213, 2013.
- S.-P. Yu, X.-B. Cao, and J. Zhang, “A real-time schedule method for aircraft landing scheduling problem based on cellular automation,” Applied Soft Computing Journal, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 3485–3493, 2011.
- G. Hancerliogullari, G. Rabadi, A. H. Al-Salem, and M. Kharbeche, “Greedy algorithms and metaheuristics for a multiple runway combined arrival-departure aircraft sequencing problem,” Journal of Air Transport Management, vol. 32, pp. 39–48, 2013.
- D. Briskorn and R. Stolletz, “Aircraft landing problems with aircraft classes,” Journal of Scheduling, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- X. S. Yang, “A new metaheuristic bat-inspired algorithm,” in Nature Inspired Cooperative Strategies for Optimization (NICSO '10), pp. 65–74, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2010.
- A. H. Gandomi, X. S. Yang, A. H. Alavi, and S. Talatahari, “Bat algorithm for constrained optimization tasks,” Neural Computing and Applications, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 1239–1255, 2013.
- X. S. Yang and A. H. Gandomi, “Bat algorithm: a novel approach for global engineering optimization,” Engineering Computations, vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 464–483, 2012.
- S. Mishra, K. Shaw, and D. Mishra, “A new meta-heuristic bat inspired classification approach for microarray data,” Procedia Technology, vol. 4, pp. 802–806, 2012.
- J. Xie, Y. Zhou, and H. Chen, “A novel bat algorithm based on differential operator and Lévy-flights trajectory,” Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience, vol. 2013, Article ID 453812, 13 pages, 2013.
- G. Wang, L. Guo, H. Duan, L. Liu, and H. Wang, “A bat algorithm with mutation for UCAV path planning,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, Article ID 418946, 15 pages, 2012.