- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 754576, 7 pages
A New Simultaneous Identification of the Harmonic Excitations and Nonlinear Damping of Forced Damped Nonlinear Oscillations: A Parametric Approach
Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Pusan National University, Busan 609-735, Republic of Korea
Received 27 September 2012; Revised 21 December 2012; Accepted 23 December 2012
Academic Editor: George Jaiani
Copyright © 2013 T. S. Jang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Kulisiewicz, “A nonparametric method of identification of vibration damping in non-linear dynamic systems,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, vol. 19, pp. 601–609, 1983.
- D. V. Iourtchenko and M. F. Dimentberg, “In-service Identification of non-linear damping from measured random vibration,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 255, pp. 549–554, 2002.
- T. S. Jang, H. S. Choi, and S. L. Han, “A new method for detecting non-linear damping and restoring forces in non-linear oscillation systems from transient data,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 44, pp. 801–808, 2009.
- T. S. Jang, “Non-parametric simultaneous identification of both the nonlinear damping and restoring characteristics of nonlinear systems whose dampings depend on velocity alone,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 25, pp. 1159–1173, 2011.
- S. F. Masri and T. K. Caughey, “A nonparametric identification technique for nonlinear dynamic problems,” ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 46, pp. 433–447, 1979.
- J. Doyle, “A wavelet deconvolution method for impact force identification,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 37, pp. 403–408, 1997.
- Q. H. Zen, M. Chapin, and D. B. Bogy, “A force identification method for slider/disk contact force measurement,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 36, pp. 2667–2670, 2000.
- T. S. Jang, H. S. Baek, H. S. Choi, and S. G. Lee, “A new method for measuring nonharmonic periodic excitation forces in nonlinear damped systems,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 256, pp. 2219–2228, 2011.
- T. S. Jang, H. S. Back, S. L. Han, and T. Kinoshita, “Indirect measurement of the impulsive load to a nonlinear system from dynamic responses: inverse problem formulation,” Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, vol. 24, pp. 1665–1681, 2010.
- T. S. Jang, S. L. Han, and T. Kinoshita, “An inverse measurement of the sudden underwater movement of the sea-floor by using the time-history record of the water-wave elevation,” Wave Motion, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 146–155, 2010.
- M. Taylan, “The effect of nonlinear damping and restoring in ship rolling,” Ocean Engineering, vol. 27, pp. 921–932, 2000.