- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 827826, 4 pages
Comparison Theorems for Single and Double Splittings of Matrices
School of Mathematics and Statistics, Anyang Normal University, Anyang 455000, China
Received 5 February 2013; Accepted 14 March 2013
Academic Editor: Giuseppe Marino
Copyright © 2013 Cui-Xia Li et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Z. I. Woźnicki, “Estimation of the optimum relaxation factors in partial factorization iterative methods,” SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 59–73, 1993.
- R. S. Varga, Matrix Iterative Analysis, vol. 27 of Springer Series in Computational Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2000.
- A. Berman and R. J. Plemons, Nonnegative Matrices in the Mathematics Sciences, SIAM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1994.
- D. M. Young, Iterative Solution of Large Linear Systems, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1971.
- Z. I. Woźnicki, “Nonnegative splitting theory,” Japan Journal of Industrial and Applied Mathematics, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 289–342, 1994.
- Z. I. Woźnicki, “Basic comparison theorems for weak and weaker matrix splittings,” Electronic Journal of Linear Algebra, vol. 8, pp. 53–59, 2001.
- M. Benzi and D. B. Szyld, “Existence and uniqueness of splittings for stationary iterative methods with applications to alternating methods,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 309–321, 1997.
- J. Song and Y. Song, “Convergence for nonnegative double splittings of matrices,” Calcolo, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 245–260, 2011.
- G. H. Golub and R. S. Varga, “Chebyshev semi-iterative methods, successive over-relaxation iterative methods, and second order Richardson iterative methods,” Numerische Mathematik, vol. 3, pp. 147–156, 1961.
- S. Q. Shen and T. Z. Huang, “Convergence and comparison theorems for double splittings of matrices,” Computers & Mathematics with Applications, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 1751–1760, 2006.
- S. Q. Shen, T. Z. Huang, and J. L. Shao, “Convergence and comparison results for double splittings of Hermitian positive definite matrices,” Calcolo, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 127–135, 2007.
- S. X. Miao and B. Zheng, “A note on double splittings of different monotone matrices,” Calcolo, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 261–266, 2009.
- C. Y. Zhang, “On convergence of double splitting methods for non-Hermitian positive semidefinite linear systems,” Calcolo, vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 103–112, 2010.
- L. Elsner, A. Frommer, R. Nabben, H. Schneider, and D. B. Szyld, “Conditions for strict inequality in comparisons of spectral radii of splittings of different matrices,” Linear Algebra and its Applications, vol. 363, pp. 65–80, 2003.
- L. J. Cvetković, “Two-sweep iterative methods,” Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 25–30, 1997.