- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 859803, 12 pages
Longwall Mining Stability in Take-Off Phase
1Department of Construction and Manufacture Engineering, Polytechnic School of Mieres, University of Oviedo, Mieres, 33600 Asturias, Spain
2Department of Exploitation and Prospecting Mines, Mining Engineering School, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, 33004 Asturias, Spain
3Department of Exploitation Mines, Polytechnic University of Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
4Department of Exploitation and Prospecting Mines, Mining Engineering School, University of Oviedo, Oviedo, 33004 Asturias, Spain
Received 6 June 2013; Accepted 23 July 2013
Academic Editor: Ga Zhang
Copyright © 2013 María-Belén Prendes-Gero et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Rosal-Fernandez, “How costly is the maintenance of the coal-mining jobs in Europe? The Spanish case 1989–1995,” Energy Policy, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 537–547, 2000.
- Ministry of Industry, Energy and Tourism. Institute for Restructuring of Coal Mining and Alternative Development of Mining Regions. Report of the national strategic coal reserve 2006–2012 and new model for comprehensive and sustainable development of mining regions, 2013, http://www.irmc.es/.
- RGNBSM, General Regulation of Basic Procedure of Mining Safety. Spain, Ministry of Industry and Energy, 2006, (Spanish).
- J. Gómez de las Heras, Provisions and design support in unions panel-gallery on pit-horizontal layers machined. Madrid, Geo-Miner Technologic Institute of Spain, Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism, 1988, (Spanish).
- R. Lindsay Galloway, A History of Coal Mining in Great Britain, Augustus M. Kelley, New York, NY, USA, 1969.
- Energy Information Administration, Office of Coal, Nuclear, Electric and Alternate Fuels, Longwall Mining, U. S. Department of Energy, Washington, DC, USA, 1995.
- Medium-term coal market report 2012, OECD Publishing. IEA, 2012.
- Coal mining. World coal. World Coal Institute, 2009.
- P. Darling, SME Mining Engineering Handbook, Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME), 3rd edition, 2011.
- A. A. Waddington and D. R. Kay, “Recent development in the incremental profile method of predicting subsidence, tilt and strain over a series of longwall Panels,” in Proccedings of the International Conference on Geomechanics/Ground Control in Mining and Underground Construction, Wollongong, Australia, July 1998.
- A. García-Bello, J. Ordieres-Meré, and C. González-Nicieza, “Generalization of the influence function method in mining subsidence,” International Journal of Surface Mining, Reclamation and Environment, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 195–202, 1996.
- G. W. Mitchell, “Longwall mining,” in Australasian Coal Mining Practice, R. J. Kininmonth and E. Y. Baafi, Eds., pp. 340–373, The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Melbourne, Australia, 2010.
- M. S. Venkata Ramayya and L. Sudhakar, “Selection of powered roof support for weak coal roof,” Journal of Mines, Metals and Fuels, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 114–117, 2002.
- R. Singh and T. N. Singh, “Investigation into the behaviour of a support system and roof strata during sublevel caving of a thick coal seam,” Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 21–35, 1999.
- J. Ju and J. Xu, “Structural characteristics of key strata and strata behaviour of a fully mechanized longwall face with 7.0 m height chocks,” International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, vol. 58, pp. 46–54, 2013.
- N. Bilim and I. Özkan, “Determination of the effect of roof pressure on coal hardness and excavation productivity: an example from a Çayırhan lignite mine, Ankara, Central Turkey,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 75, no. 2, pp. 113–118, 2008.
- C. González-Nicieza, A. Menéndez-Díaz, A. E. Álvarez-Vigil, and M. I. Álvarez-Fernández, “Analysis of support by hydraulic props in a longwall working,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 74, no. 1, pp. 67–92, 2008.
- R. Juárez-Ferreras, C. González-Nicieza, A. Menéndez-Díaz, A. E. Álvarez-Vigil, and M. I. Álvarez-Fernández, “Forensic analysis of hydraulic props in longwall workings,” Engineering Failure Analysis, vol. 16, no. 7, pp. 2357–2370, 2009.
- R. Juárez-Ferreras, C. González-Nicieza, A. Menéndez-Díaz, A. E. Álvarez-Vigil, and M. I. Álvarez-Fernández, “Measurement and analysis of the roof pressure on hydraulic props in longwall,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 75, no. 1, pp. 49–62, 2008.
- S. P. Timoshenko and J. N. Goodier, Theory of Elasticity, McGraw- Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1970.
- V. I. Klishin and T. M. Tarasik, “Stand tests of hydraulic props in dynamic loads,” Journal of Mining Science, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 77–84, 2001.