- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 902715, 10 pages
On the Weighted Mixed Almost Unbiased Ridge Estimator in Stochastic Restricted Linear Regression
College of Mathematics and Statistics, Chongqing University, Chongqing 401331, China
Received 5 January 2013; Revised 22 March 2013; Accepted 22 March 2013
Academic Editor: Tai-Ping Chang
Copyright © 2013 Chaolin Liu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- W. F. Massy, “Principal components regression in exploratory statistical research,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 60, no. 309, pp. 234–266, 1965.
- A. E. Hoerl and R. W. Kennard, “Ridge regression: biased estimation for non-orthogonal problem,” Technometrics, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 55–67, 1970.
- M. R. Baye and D. F. Parker, “Combining ridge and principal component regression: a money demand illustration,” Communications in Statistics A, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 197–205, 1984.
- K.-J. Liu, “A new class of biased estimate in linear regression,” Communications in Statistics A, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 393–402, 1993.
- S. Kaçıranlar and S. Sakallıoğlu, “Combining the Liu estimator and the principal component regression estimator,” Communications in Statistics A, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 2699–2705, 2001.
- K. Kadiyala, “A class of almost unbiased and efficient estimators of regression coefficients,” Economics Letters, vol. 16, no. 3-4, pp. 293–296, 1984.
- B. Singh, Y. P. Chaubey, and T. D. Dwivedi, “An almost unbiased ridge estimator,” Sankhyā B, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 342–346, 1986.
- F. Akdeniz and S. Kaçiranlar, “On the almost unbiased generalized Liu estimator and unbiased estimation of the bias and MSE,” Communications in Statistics A, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1789–1797, 1995.
- F. Akdeniz and H. Erol, “Mean squared error matrix comparisons of some biased estimators in linear regression,” Communications in Statistics A, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 2389–2413, 2003.
- J. Durbin, “A note on regression when there is extraneous information about one of the coefficients,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 48, no. 264, pp. 799–808, 1953.
- H. Theil and A. S. Goldberger, “On pure and mixed statistical estimation in economics,” International Economic Review, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 65–78, 1961.
- H. Theil, “On the use of incomplete prior information in regression analysis,” Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 58, pp. 401–414, 1963.
- M. H. Hubert and P. Wijekoon, “Improvement of the Liu estimator in linear regression model,” Statistical Papers, vol. 47, no. 3, pp. 471–479, 2006.
- H. Yang and J. Xu, “An alternative stochastic restricted Liu estimator in linear regression,” Statistical Papers, vol. 50, no. 3, pp. 639–647, 2009.
- Y.-L. Li and H. Yang, “A new stochastic mixed ridge estimator in linear regression model,” Statistical Papers, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 315–323, 2010.
- B. Schaffrin and H. Toutenburg, “Weighted mixed regression,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, vol. 70, pp. 735–738, 1990.
- Y.-L. Li and H. Yang, “A new ridge-type estimator in stochastic restricted linear regression,” Statistics, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 123–130, 2011.
- C. R. Rao, H. Toutenburg, and S. C. Heumann, Linear Models and Generalizations: Least Squares and Alternatives, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2008.
- R. W. Farebrother, “Further results on the mean square error of ridge regression,” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society B, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 248–250, 1976.
- G. Trenkler and H. Toutenburg, “Mean squared error matrix comparisons between biased estimators-an overview of recent results,” Statistical Papers, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 165–179, 1990.
- H. Woods, H. H. Steinour, and H. R. Starke, “Effect of composition of Portland cement on heat evolved during hardening,” Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, vol. 24, no. 11, pp. 1207–1214, 1932.
- K.-J. Liu, “Using Liu-type estimator to combat collinearity,” Communications in Statistics A, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 1009–1020, 2003.
- J.-W. Xu and H. Yang, “More on the bias and variance comparisons of the restricted almost unbiased estimators,” Communications in Statistics A, vol. 40, no. 22, pp. 4053–4064, 2011.