- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 915146, 10 pages
Sliding-Mode Control of a Dc/Dc Postfilter for Ripple Reduction and Efficiency Improvement in POL Applications
1Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Instituto Tecnológico Metropolitano (ITM), Calle 54A No. 30-01,
2Departamento de Energía Eléctrica y Automática, Universidad Nacional de Colombia, Carrera 80 No. 65-223, Medellín, Colombia
Received 28 June 2013; Revised 2 September 2013; Accepted 5 September 2013
Academic Editor: Dewei Li
Copyright © 2013 S. I. Serna-Garcés et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. V. White, “Emerging on-board power architectures,” in Proceedings of the 18th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC '03), pp. 799–804, February 2003.
- R. V. White, “Using on-board power systems,” in Proceedings of the 26th Annual International Telecommunications Energy Conference (INTELEC '04), pp. 234–240, September 2004.
- R. W. Erickson and D. Maksimovic, Fundamentals of Power Electronics, Springer, Rocky Mountain National Park, Colo, USA, 2nd edition, 2001.
- M. Schlecht, “Intermediate bus architecture: is it for everyone?” IEE Power Engineer, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 40–41, 2003.
- M. Salato, “Datacenter power architecture: IBA versus FPA,” in Proceedings of the 33rd International Telecommunications Energy Conference (INTELEC '11), October 2011.
- S. Chander, P. Agarwal, and I. Gupta, “Design, modeling and simulation of point of load converter (niPOL),” in Proceedings of the 7th Annual International Conference on Electrical Engineering/Electronics, Computer, Telecommunications and Information Technology (ECTI-CON '10), pp. 1206–1210, May 2010.
- S. Nagar, F. Al-Zahara Said, M. Orabi, and A. Abou-Alfotouh, “Design of high performance point of load converters with ultra-low output voltage ripple,” in Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE '10), pp. 4145–4150, September 2010.
- Y. Yan, F. C. Lee, and P. Mattavelli, “Dynamic performance comparison of current mode control schemes for Point-of-Load Buck converter application,” in Proceedings of the 27th Annual IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC '12), pp. 2484–2491, February 2012.
- K.-Y. Lee, C.-A. Yeh, and Y.-S. Lai, “Design and implementation of fully digital controller for non-isolated-point-of-load converter with high current slew rate,” in Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics (IECON '06), pp. 2605–2610, November 2006.
- L. T. Jakobsen and M. A. E. Andersen, “Digitally controlled point of load converter with very fast transient response,” in Proceedings of the European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE '07), September 2007.
- A. De Nardo, N. Femia, G. Petrone, and G. Spagnuolo, “Optimal buck converter output filter design for point-of-load applications,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 57, no. 4, pp. 1330–1341, 2010.
- E. Arango, C. A. Ramos-Paja, J. Calvete, R. Giral, and S. Serna, “Asymmetrical interleaved DC/DC switching converters for photovoltaic and fuel cell applications—part 1: circuit generation, analysis and design,” Energies, vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 4590–4623, 2012.
- R. K. Singh and S. Mishra, “Synthetic-ripple-based digital hysteretic modulator for point-of-load converters,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 60, no. 11, pp. 4996–5007, 2013.
- C. A. Ramos-Paja, E. Arango, R. Giral, A. J. Saavedra-Montes, and C. Carrejo, “DC/DC pre-regulator for input current ripple reduction and efficiency improvement,” Electric Power Systems Research, vol. 81, no. 11, pp. 2048–2055, 2011.
- M. M. Peretz and S. Ben-Yaakov, “Time-domain design of digital compensators for PWM DC-DC converters,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 284–293, 2012.
- Digi-Key Corporation, “Electronic Components Distributor—DigiKey Corp.—US Home Page,” http://www.digikey.com/.
- E. Bianconi, J. Calvente, R. Giral et al., “A fast current-based MPPT technique employing sliding mode control,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 1168–1178, 2013.
- J. Fei and Z. Wang, “Adaptive neural sliding mode control of active power filter,” Journal of Applied Mathematics, vol. 2013, Article ID 341831, 8 pages, 2013.
- E. Bianconi, J. Calvente, R. Giral et al., “Perturb and observe MPPT algorithm with a current controller based on the sliding mode,” Electrical Power and Energy Systems, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 346–356, 2013.
- V. I. Utkin, Sliding Modes in Control and Optimization, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 1992.
- Intel Corporation, Intel Core 2 Extreme Processor X6800 and Intel Core 2 Duo Desktop Processor E6000 and E4000 Sequences, 2007.
- Intel Corporation, Voltage Regulator-Down (VRD) 11.0 Processor Power Delivery Design Guidelines—for Desktop LGA775 Socket, 2006.
- M. A. Shrud, A. Kharaz, A. S. Ashur, M. Shater, and I. Benyoussef, “A study of modeling and simulation for interleaved Buck converter,” in Proceedings of the 1st Power Electronic & Drive Systems & Technologies Conference (PEDSTC '10), 2010.