- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 973805, 10 pages
Asymmetrical Impact of Allee Effect on a Discrete-Time Predator-Prey System
School of Mathematics and Computer Science, Northwest University for Nationalities, Lanzhou 730030, China
Received 28 August 2012; Revised 2 March 2013; Accepted 8 March 2013
Academic Editor: Vu Phat
Copyright © 2013 Wenting Wang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- F. Courchamp, T. Clutton-Brock, and B. Grenfell, “Inverse density dependence and the Allee effect,” Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 405–410, 1999.
- P. A. Stephens and W. J. Sutherland, “Consequences of the Allee effect for behaviour, ecology and conservation,” Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 401–405, 1999.
- A. P. Møller and S. Legendre, “Allee effect, sexual selection and demographic stochasticity,” Oikos, vol. 92, no. 1, pp. 27–34, 2001.
- D. S. Boukal and L. Berec, “Single-species models of the Allee effect: extinction boundaries, sex ratios and mate encounters,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 218, no. 3, pp. 375–394, 2002.
- B. Dennis, “Allee effects: population growth, critical density, and the chance of extinction,” Natural Resource Modeling, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 481–538, 1989.
- R. Lande, “Extinction thresholds in demographic models of territorial populations.,” American Naturalist, vol. 130, no. 4, pp. 624–635, 1987.
- M. Gyllenberg, J. Hemminki, and T. Tammaru, “Allee effects can both conserve and create spatial heterogeneity in population densities,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 231–242, 1999.
- I. Scheuring, “Allee effect increases the dynamical stability of populations,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 199, no. 4, pp. 407–414, 1999.
- M. S. Fowler and G. D. Ruxton, “Population dynamic consequences of Allee effects,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 215, no. 1, pp. 39–46, 2002.
- C. Çelik, H. Merdan, O. Duman, and Ö. Akın, “Allee effects on population dynamics with delay,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 65–74, 2008.
- M. A. McCarthy, “The Allee effect, finding mates and theoretical models,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 103, no. 1, pp. 99–102, 1997.
- P. Amarasekare, “Allee effects in metapopulation dynamics,” American Naturalist, vol. 152, no. 2, pp. 298–302, 1998.
- C. E. Brassil, “Mean time to extinction of a metapopulation with an Allee effect,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 143, no. 1-2, pp. 9–16, 2001.
- S. R. Zhou, Y. F. Liu, and G. Wang, “The stability of predator-prey systems subject to the Allee effects,” Theoretical Population Biology, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 23–31, 2005.
- G. Wang, X. G. Liang, and F. Z. Wang, “The competitive dynamics of populations subject to an Allee effect,” Ecological Modelling, vol. 124, no. 2-3, pp. 183–192, 1999.
- F. Courchamp, B. T. Grenfell, and T. H. Clutton-Brock, “Impact of natural enemies on obligately cooperative breeders,” Oikos, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 311–322, 2000.
- A. M. de Roos and L. Persson, “Size-dependent life-history traits promote catastrophic collapses of top predators,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 99, no. 20, pp. 12907–12912, 2002.
- A. M. de Roos, L. Persson, and H. R. Thieme, “Emergent Allee effects in top predators feeding on structured prey populations,” Proceedings of the Royal Society B, vol. 270, no. 1515, pp. 611–618, 2003.
- T. van Kooten, A. M. de Roos, and L. Persson, “Bistability and an Allee effect as emergent consequences of stage-specific predation,” Journal of Theoretical Biology, vol. 237, no. 1, pp. 67–74, 2005.
- C. Çelik and O. Duman, “Allee effect in a discrete-time predator-prey system,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 1956–1962, 2009.
- D. Hadjiavgousti and S. Ichtiaroglou, “Allee effect in a prey-predator system,” Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 334–342, 2008.
- P. H. Leslie, “Some further notes on the use of matrices in population mathematics,” Biometrika, vol. 35, pp. 213–245, 1948.
- J. D. Murray, Mathematical Biology, vol. 19 of Biomathematics, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1993.
- W. C. Allee, Animal Aggregations, a Study in General Sociology, University of Chicago Press, Chicago, Ill, USA, 1931.
- K. Reinhardt and G. Köhler, “Conservation of the red-winged grasshopper, Oedipoda germanica (Latr.): the influence of reproductive behaviour,” Biological Conservation, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 221–228, 2002.
- C. M. Taylor and A. Hastings, “Allee effects in biological invasions,” Ecology Letters, vol. 8, pp. 895–908, 2005.
- L. Berec, E. Angulo, and F. Courchamp, “Multiple Allee effects and population management,” Trends in Ecology and Evolution, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 185–191, 2007.