- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 986985, 11 pages
A Rough Penalty Genetic Algorithm for Multicast Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
Department of Information Management, Chung Yuan Christian University, Jhongli City 32023, Taiwan
Received 26 April 2013; Accepted 13 July 2013
Academic Editor: Anyi Chen
Copyright © 2013 Chih-Hao Lin and Chia-Chun Chuang. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. R. Gareg and D. S. Johnson, Computer and Intractability: A Guide to the Theory of NP-Completeness, W.J. Freeman, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- C.-H. Liu, T.-C. Chiang, and Y.-M. Huang, “A near-optimal multicast scheme for mobile ad hoc networks using a hybrid genetic algorithm,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, vol. 1, pp. 465–470, April 2006.
- S. Gangwar, S. Pal, and K. Kumar, “Mobile ad hoc networks: a comparative study of QoS routing protocols,” International Journal of Computer Science & Engineering Technology, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 771–775, 2012.
- M. Hamdan and M. E. El-Hawary, “A Novel Genetic Algorithm Searching Approach for Dynamic Constrained Multicast Routing,” in Proceedings of the Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering: Toward a Caring and Humane Technology (CCECE '03), pp. 1127–1130, May 2003.
- H. T. Tran and R. J. Harris, “Solving QoS multicast routing with genetic algorithms,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Communications and Signal Processing, vol. 3, pp. 1944–1948, 2003.
- S. Sumathy and E. Sri Harsha, “Survey of genetic based approach for multicast routing in MANET,” International Journal of Engineering and Technology, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 474–485, 2013.
- M. Gen and R. Cheng, “Survey of penalty techniques in genetic algorithms,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '96), pp. 804–809, May 1996.
- A. Homaifar, C. X. Qi, and S. H. Lai, “Constrained optimization via genetic algorithms,” Simulation, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 242–254, 1994.
- J. A. Joines and C. R. Houck, “On the use of non-stationary penalty functions to solve nonlinear constrained optimization problems with GA's,” in Proceedings of the 1st IEEE Conference on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 2, pp. 579–584, June 1994.
- A. B. Hadj-Alouane and J. C. Bean, “A genetic algorithm for the multiple-choice integer program,” Operations Research, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 92–101, 1997.
- A. T. Haghighat, K. Faez, M. Dehghan, A. Mowlaei, and Y. Ghahremani, “GA-based heuristic algorithms for bandwidth-delay-constrained least-cost multicast routing,” Computer Communications, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 111–127, 2004.
- M. Zhang, W. Luo, and X. Wang, “Differential evolution with dynamic stochastic selection for constrained optimization,” Information Sciences, vol. 178, no. 15, pp. 3043–3074, 2008.
- C. H. Lin, “A rough penalty genetic algorithm for constrained optimization,” Information Science, vol. 241, pp. 119–137, 2013.
- D. Powell and M. M. Skolnick, “Using genetic algorithms in engineering design optimization with non-linear constraints,” in Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Genetic Algorithms, pp. 424–431, 1993.
- Z. Michalewicz, “A survey of constraint handling techniques in evolutionary computation methods,” in Proceedings of the 4th Annual Conference on Evolutionary Programming, pp. 135–155, 1995.
- Z. Pawlak, “Rough sets,” International Journal of Computer & Information Sciences, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 341–356, 1982.
- Z. Pawlak and A. Skowron, “Rudiments of rough sets,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 3–27, 2007.
- Z. Pawlak and A. Skowron, “Rough sets and Boolean reasoning,” Information Sciences, vol. 177, no. 1, pp. 41–73, 2007.
- S. O. Kimbrough, G. J. Koehler, M. Lu, and D. H. Wood, “On a Feasible-Infeasible Two-Population (FI-2Pop) genetic algorithm for constrained optimization: Distance tracing and no free lunch,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 190, no. 2, pp. 310–327, 2008.
- H. Salama, “The multicast routing simulator,” The Real-Time Communication Project, Version 2, 1997, http://rtcomm.csc.ncsu.edu/index.htm.
- B. M. Waxman, “Routing of multipoint connections,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1617–1622, 1988.
- Z. Wang, B. Shi, and E. Zhao, “Bandwidth-delay-constrained least-cost multicast routing based on heuristic genetic algorithm,” Computer Communications, vol. 24, no. 7-8, pp. 685–692, 2001.