- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Applied Mathematics
Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 298281, 7 pages
Mathematical Model of Pipeline Abandonment and Recovery in Deepwater
1College of Mechanical and Transportation Engineering, China University of Petroleum, Beijing 102249, China
2Offshore Oil and Gas Research Center, China University of Petroleum, Beijing 102249, China
Received 28 September 2013; Accepted 10 December 2013; Published 29 January 2014
Academic Editor: M. Montaz Ali
Copyright © 2014 Xia-Guang Zeng et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. C. Palmer, G. Hutchinson, and J. W. Ells, “Configuration of submarine pipelines during laying operations,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, vol. 96, no. 4, pp. 1112–1118, 1974.
- R. M. M. Mattheij and S. W. Rienstra, “On an off-shore pipe laying problem,” in Proceedings of the 2nd European Symposium on Mathematics in Industry (ESMI '88), H. Neunzert, Ed., pp. 37–55, Springer, 1988.
- D. S. Zhu and Y. K. Cheung, “Optimization of buoyancy of an articulated stinger on submerged pipelines laid with a barge,” The Ocean Engineering, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 301–311, 1997.
- F. Guarracino and V. Mallardo, “A refined analytical analysis of submerged pipelines in seabed laying,” Applied Ocean Research, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 281–293, 1999.
- S. Timoshenko, S. Woinowsky-Krieger, and S. Woinowsky, Theory of Plates and Shells, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1959.
- S. Lenci and M. Callegari, “Simple analytical models for the J-lay problem,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 178, no. 1-2, pp. 23–39, 2005.
- M. Kashani and R. Young, “Installation load consideration in ultra-deepwater pipeline sizing,” Journal of Transportation Engineering, vol. 131, no. 8, pp. 632–639, 2005.
- S. F. Gong, Y. He, J. Zhou et al., “Parameter sensitivity analysis of S-lay technique for deepwater submarine pipeline,” The Ocean Engineering, vol. 4, p. 014, 2009.
- S.-F. Gong, K. Chen, Y. Chen, W.-L. Jin, Z.-G. Li, and D.-Y. Zhao, “Configuration analysis of deepwater S-lay pipeline,” China Ocean Engineering, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 519–530, 2011.
- L.-Z. Wang, F. Yuan, and Z. Guo, “Numerical analysis for pipeline installation by S-lay method,” in Proceedings of the 29th ASME International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering (OMAE '10), pp. 591–599, ASME, Shanghai, China, June 2010.
- L.-Z. Wang, F. Yuan, Z. Guo, and L.-L. Li, “Numerical analysis of pipeline in J-lay problem,” Journal of Zhejiang University A, vol. 11, no. 11, pp. 908–920, 2010.
- L.-Z. Wang, F. Yuan, Z. Guo, and L.-L. Li, “Analytical prediction of pipeline behaviors in J-lay on plastic seabed,” Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering, vol. 138, no. 2, pp. 77–85, 2012.
- M.-L. Duan, Y. Wang, S. Estefen, N. He, L.-N. Li, and B.-M. Chen, “An installation system of deepwater risers by an S-lay vessel,” China Ocean Engineering, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 139–148, 2011.
- M. Szczotka, “A modification of the rigid finite element method and its application to the J-lay problem,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 220, no. 1–4, pp. 183–198, 2011.
- F. Yuan, Z. Guo, L. Li, and L. Wang, “Numerical model for pipeline laying during S-lay,” Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, vol. 134, no. 2, Article ID 021703, 2011.
- F. Andreuzzi and G. Maier, “Simplified analysis and design of abandonment and recovery of offshore pipelines,” Ocean Management, vol. 7, no. 1–4, pp. 211–230, 1981.
- T. K. Datta, “Abandonment and recovery solution of submarine pipelines,” Applied Ocean Research, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 247–252, 1982.
- Y. J. Dai, J. Z. Song, and G. Feng, “A study on abandonment and recovery operation of submarine pipelines,” The Ocean Engineering, vol. 18, pp. 75–78, 2000 (Chinese).
- J. Z. Xing, C. T. Liu, and X. H. Zeng, “Nonlinear analysis of submarine pipelines during single point lifting,” The Ocean Engineering, vol. 20, pp. 29–33, 2002 (Chinese).
- X. G. Zeng, M. L. Duan, and J. H. Chen, “Research on several mathematical models of offshore pipe lifting or lowering by one point,” The Ocean Engineering, vol. 31, pp. 32–37, 2013 (Chinese).
- H. M. Irvine, Cable Structures, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1981.
- D. Dixon and D. Rutledge, “Stiffened catenary calculations in pipeline laying problem,” ASME Journal of Engineering for Industry, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 153–160, 1968.
- C. P. Sparks, Fundamentals of Marine Riser Mechanics—Basic Principles and Simplified Analysis, PennWell, 2007.
- G. A. Jensen, N. Säfström, T. D. Nguyen, and T. I. Fossen, “A nonlinear PDE formulation for offshore vessel pipeline installation,” The Ocean Engineering, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 365–377, 2010.
- L. F. Shampine, I. Gladwell, and S. Thompson, Solving ODEs with MATLAB, 2003.
- O. Manual, 2009, http://www.orcina.com/SoftwareProducts/OrcaFlex/Documentation.
- A. A. Sonin, The Physical Basis of Dimensional Analysis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, MIT, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 2001.