- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Analytical Methods in Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 151934, 6 pages
Determination of Morphine and Codeine in Human Urine by Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry
1School of Pharmacy of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325035, China
2The First Affiliated Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325000, China
Received 30 May 2013; Revised 22 August 2013; Accepted 28 August 2013
Academic Editor: Jianxiu Du
Copyright © 2013 Xiaoqian Zhang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Matyus, G. Kocsis, O. Boldis et al., “Determination of morphine and codeine in serum after poppy seed consumption using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Acta Chromatographica, vol. 24, pp. 351–365, 2012.
- J. Rodríguez, G. Castañeda, A. M. Contento, and L. Muñoz, “Direct and fast determination of paclitaxel, morphine and codeine in urine by micellar electrokinetic chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1231, pp. 66–72, 2012.
- L. Kovatsi, K. Rentifis, D. Giannakis, S. Njau, and V. Samanidou, “Disposable pipette extraction for gas chromatographic determination of codeine, morphine, and 6-monoacetylmorphine in vitreous humor,” Journal of Separation Science, vol. 34, no. 14, pp. 1716–1721, 2011.
- T. Deim, C. Akay, K. Büyükafşar, and C. Cevherolu, “Simultaneous determination of codeine and ethyl morphine HCL in tablet formulations using LC,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 15–21, 2001.
- J.-O. Svensson, M. Andersson, E. Gustavsson, and O. Beck, “Electrospray LC-MS method with solid-phase extraction for accurate determination of morphine-, codeine-, and ethylmorphine-glucuronides and 6-acetylmorphine in urine,” Journal of Analytical Toxicology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 81–86, 2007.
- R. Coles, M. M. Kushnir, G. J. Nelson, G. A. McMillin, and F. M. Urry, “Simultaneous determination of codeine, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and 6-acetylmorphine in urine, serum, plasma, whole blood, and meconium by LC-MS-MS,” Journal of Analytical Toxicology, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 1–14, 2007.
- Q. Liao, Y. Deng, Z. Xie, B. Pan, and L. Zhang, “Rapid simultaneous determination of codeine and morphine in plasma using LC-ESI-MS/MS: application to a clinical pharmacokinetic study,” Journal of Separation Science, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 202–211, 2009.
- D.-K. Huang, C. Liu, M.-K. Huang, and C.-S. Chien, “Simultaneous determination of morphine, codeine, 6-acetylmorphine, cocaine and benzoylecgonine in hair by liquid chromatography/electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry,” Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 957–962, 2009.
- R. Meatherall, “GC-MS confirmation of codeine, morphine, 6-acetylmorphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxycodone, and oxymorphone in urine,” Journal of Analytical Toxicology, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 177–186, 1999.
- O. H. Drummer, “Drug testing in oral fluid,” Clinical Biochemist Reviews, vol. 27, pp. 147–159, 2006.
- L. Tsanaclis and J. F. C. Wicks, “Patterns in drug use in the United Kingdom as revealed through analysis of hair in a large population sample,” Forensic Science International, vol. 170, no. 2-3, pp. 121–128, 2007.
- M. M. Kushnir, et al., “Comparison of four derivatizing reagents for 6-acetylmorphine GC-MS analysis,” Journal of Analytical Toxicology, vol. 23, pp. 262–269, 1999.