- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 504764, 7 pages
Studies on the ns-IR-Laser-Induced Plasma Parameters in the Vanadium Oxide
Fuel Chemistry Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai 400 085, India
Received 15 June 2011; Accepted 12 August 2011
Academic Editor: Ali Hussain Reshak
Copyright © 2011 Arnab Sarkar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. M. Weyl, “Physics of laser-induced breakdown: an update,” in Laser- Induced Plasmas and Applications, L. J. Radziemski and D. A. Cremers, Eds., Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- C. Geertsen, A. Briand, F. Chartier et al., “Comparison between infrared and ultraviolet laser ablation at atmospheric pressure-implications for solid sampling inductively coupled plasma spectrometry,” Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 17–22, 1994.
- M. A. Shannon, X. L. Mao, A. Fernandez, W. T. Chan, and R. E. Russo, “Laser ablation mass removal versus incident power density during solid sampling for inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 67, no. 24, pp. 4522–4529, 1995.
- M. Autin, A. Briand, P. Mauchien, and J. M. Mermet, “Characterization by emission spectrometry of a laser-produced plasma from a copper target in air at atmospheric pressure,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part B, vol. 48, no. 6-7, pp. 851–862, 1993.
- B. C. Castle, K. Visser, B. W. Smith, and J. D. Winefordner, “Spatial and temporal dependence of lead emission in laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 51, no. 7, pp. 1017–1024, 1997.
- L. M. Cabalin and J. J. Laserna, “Experimental determination of laser induced breakdown thresholds of metals under nanosecond Q-switched laser operation,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part B, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 723–730, 1998.
- S. Nasrazadani and H. Namduri, “Study of phase transformation in iron oxides using laser induced breakdown spectroscopy,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part B, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 565–571, 2006.
- R. S. Adrain and J. Watson, “Laser microspectral analysis: a review of principles and applications,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 17, no. 10, article 004, pp. 1915–1940, 1984.
- H. R. Griem, Principles of Plasma Spectroscopy, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 1997.
- D. H. Lowndes, D. B. Geohegan, A. A. Puretzky, D. P. Norton, and C. M. Rouleau, “Synthesis of novel thin-film materials by pulsed laser deposition,” Science, vol. 273, no. 5277, pp. 898–903, 1996.
- M. A. Heald and C. B. Wharton, Plasma Diagnostics with Microwaves, Wiley, NewYork, NY, USA, 1965.
- T. Mochizuki, K. Hirata, H. Ninomiya et al., “Time-resolved electron density measurements in an ArF excimer laser discharge,” Optics Communications, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 302–305, 1989.
- S. M. Cameron, M. D. Tracy, and J. F. Camacho, “Electron density and temperature contour plots from a laser-produced plasma using collective ultraviolet Thomson scattering,” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 45–46, 1996.
- R. W. P. McWhirter, “Spectral intensities,” in Plasma Diagnostic Techniques, R. H. Huddlestone and S. L. Leonard, Eds., Academic Press, 1965.
- I. V. Kityk, “Photoinduced non-linear optical diagnostic of interfaces,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 239–250, 2001.
- W. Lochte-Holtgreven, Ed., Plasma Diagnostics, North-Holland, 1968.
- N. M. Shaikh, B. Rashid, S. Hafeez, Y. Jamil, and M. A. Baig, “Measurement of electron density and temperature of a laser-induced zinc plasma,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 39, no. 7, pp. 1384–1391, 2006.
- S. S. Harilal, C. V. Bindhu, R. C. Issac, V. P. N. Nampoori, and C. P. G. Vallabhan, “Electron density and temperature measurements in a laser produced carbon plasma,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 82, no. 5, pp. 2140–2146, 1997.
- A. Bogaerts and Z. Chen, “Effect of laser parameters on laser ablation and laser-induced plasma formation: a numerical modeling investigation,” Spectrochimica Acta—Part B, vol. 60, no. 9-10, pp. 1280–1307, 2005.
- H. R. Griem, Plasma Spectroscopy, McGraw Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1964.