- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 573179, 4 pages
Bound States in Delta Function Potentials
Department of Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Received 28 June 2011; Accepted 18 September 2011
Academic Editor: Gregory Lapicki
Copyright © 2011 Sydney Geltman. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. A. M. Dirac, The Principles of Quantum Mechanics, Oxford University Press, 3rd edition, 1940.
- L. H. Thomas, “The interaction between a neutron and a proton and the structure of H3,” Physical Review, vol. 47, no. 12, pp. 903–909, 1935.
- S. Geltman, “Ionization of a model atom by a pulse of coherent radiation,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 10, no. 5, article 019, pp. 831–840, 1977.
- S. Geltman, “Short-pulse model-atom studies of ionization in intense laser fields,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 27, p. 1497, 1994.
- J. Z. Kamiński, “Stabilization and the zero-range models,” Physical Review A, vol. 52, no. 6, pp. 4976–4979, 1995.
- Q. Su, B. P. Irving, C. W. Johnson, and J. H. Eberly, “Stabilization of a one-dimensional short-range model atom in intense laser fields,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 29, no. 23, pp. 5755–5764, 1996.
- S. Geltman, “Comment on “stabilization of a one-dimensional short-range model atom in intense laser fields”,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 853–856, 1999.
- E. P. Gross, “Structure of a quantized vortex in boson systems,” Nuovo Cimento, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 454–477, 1961.
- E. P. Gross, “Hydrodynamics of a superfluid condensate,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 195–207, 1963.
- L. P. Pitaevskii, “Vortex lines in an imperfect Bose gas,” Soviet Physics—JETP, vol. 13, p. 451, 1961.
- S. Geltman, “A critique on the misuse of the Gross-Pitaevskii equation,” EPL, vol. 87, no. 1, p. 13001, 2009.
- A. Farrell and B. P. van Zyl, “S-wave scattering and the zero-range limit of the finite square well in arbitrary dimensions,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 88, no. 11, pp. 817–824, 2010.
- M. M. Nieto, “Existence of bound states in continuous 0 < D < ∞ dimensions,” Physics Letters, Section A, vol. 293, no. 1-2, pp. 10–16, 2002.
- M. Abramowitz, I. A. Stegun, et al., Handbook of Mathematical Functions, U S Government Printing Office, 1964.
- E. Fermi, Ric. Sci., vol. 7, p. 13, 1936.
- N. Levinsonson, Det kongelige Danske Videnskabernes Selskab Matematisk-Fysiske Meddelelser, vol. 25, no. 9, 1949.
- K. Wodkiewicz, “Fermi pseudopotential in arbitrary dimensions,” Physical Review A, vol. 43, p. 68, 1991.
- R. Jackiw, Beg Memorial Volume, World Scientific, 1991.
- A. Cabo, J. L. Lucio, and H. Mercado, “On scale invariance and anomalies in quantum mechanics,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 66, no. 3, pp. 240–246, 1998.
- I. Mitra, A. DasGupta, and B. Dutta-Roy, “Regularization and renormalization in scattering from Dirac delta potentials,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 66, no. 12, pp. 1101–1109, 1998.
- S.-L. Neyo, “Regularization methods for delta-function potential in two-dimensional quantum mechanics,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 68, p. 571, 2000.
- P. Gosdzinsky and R. Tarrach, “Learning quantum field theory from elementary quantum mechanics,” American Journal of Physics, vol. 59, p. 70, 1991.