- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 723574, 11 pages
Combining Many-Body Perturbation and Quantum Electrodynamics
Department of Physics, University of Gothenburg, 412 96 Gothenburg, Sweden
Received 6 July 2011; Accepted 30 August 2011
Academic Editor: Alan Migdall
Copyright © 2011 Ingvar Lindgren et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- I. Lindgren and J. Morrison, Atomic Many-Body Theory, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2nd edition, 1986.
- P. ČCársky, J. Paldus, and J. Pittner, Recent Progress in Coupled Cluster Methods: Theory and Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- S. Fritzsche, P. Indelicato, and T. Stöhlker, “Relativistic quantum dynamics in strong fields: Photon emission from heavy, few-electron ions,” Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, vol. 38, no. 9, pp. S707–S726, 2005.
- E. G. Myers, H. S. Margolis, J. K. Thompson, M. A. Farmer, J. D. Silver, and M. R. Tarbutt, “Precision measurement of the 1s2p 3P2-3P1 fine structure interval in heliumlike fluorine,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 82, no. 21, pp. 4200–4203, 1999.
- T. R. Devore, D. N. Crosby, and E. G. Myers, “Improved measurement of the 1s2sS01-1s2pP13 interval in heliumlike silicon,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 100, no. 24, Article ID 243001, 2008.
- I. Lindgren and A. M. Mårtensson, “Analysis of the atomic fine structure, using a nonrelativistic many-body and a relativistic central-field approach,” Physical Review A, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 3249–3267, 1982.
- P. M. W. Johnson and J. Sucher, Relativistic, Quantum Electrodynamic and Weak Interaction Effects in Atoms, vol. 189, American Institute of Physics, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- I. Lindgren, B. Åsén, S. Salomonson, and A. M. Mårtensson-Pendrill, “QED procedure applied to the quasidegenerate fine-structure levels of He-like ions,” Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 062505/1–062505/5, 2001.
- I. Lindgren, S. Salomonson, and B. Åsén, “The covariant-evolution-operator method in bound-state QED,” Physics Reports, vol. 389, no. 4, pp. 161–261, 2004.
- I. Lindgren, S. Salomonson, and D. Hedendahl, “Many-body-QED perturbation theory: Connection to the two-electron Bethe-Salpeter equation,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 183–218, 2005.
- I. Lindgren, S. Salomonson, and D. Hedendahl, “Many-body procedure for energy-dependent perturbation: merging many-body perturbation theory with QED,” Physical Review A, vol. 73, no. 6, 2006.
- D. Hedendahl, “Towards a Relativistic Covariant Many-Body Perturbation Theory,” , Ph.D. thesis, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg, Sweden, 2010.
- D. Hedendahl, S. Salomonson, and I. Lindgren, Physical Review. In preparation.
- D. Hedendahl and J. Holmberg, “Coulomb-gauge self-energy calculation for high-Z hydrogen ions,” accepted for publication in Physical Review A.
- J. Holmberg, “Scalar vertex operator for bound-state QED in the Coulomb gauge,” Physical Review A, vol. 84, no. 6, Article ID 062504, 4 pages, 2011.
- I. Lindgren, “The Rayleigh-schrodinger perturbation and the linked-diagram theorem for a multi-configurational model space,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 7, no. 18, pp. 2441–2470, 1974.
- K. A. Brueckner, “Many-body problem for strongly interacting particles. II. Linked cluster expansion,” Physical Review, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 36–45, 1955.
- J. Goldstone, “Derivation of the Brueckner many-body theory,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London Series A, vol. 239, no. 1217, pp. 267–279, 1957.
- B. H. Brandow, “Linked-cluster expansions for the nuclear many-body problem,” Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 771–828, 1967.
- I. Lindgren, “A coupled-cluster approach to the many-body perturbation theory for open-shell systems,” International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, vol. 14, supplement 12, pp. 33–58, 1978.
- J. Sucher, “Foundations of the relativistic theory of many-electron atoms,” Physical Review A, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 348–362, 1980.
- G. E. Brown and D. G. Ravenhall, “On the interaction of two electrons,” Proceedings of the Royal Society A, vol. 208, no. 1095, pp. 552–559, 1951.
- V. M. Shabaev, “Two-time Green's function method in quantum electrodynamics of high-Z few-electron atoms,” Physics Reports, vol. 356, no. 3, pp. 119–228, 2002.
- M. Gell-Mann and F. Low, “Bound states in quantum field theory,” Physical Review, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 350–354, 1951.
- E. E. Salpeter and H. A. Bethe, “A relativistic equation for bound-state problems,” Physical Review, vol. 84, no. 6, pp. 1232–1242, 1951.
- H. Persson, I. Lindgren, S. Salomonson, and P. Sunnergren, “Accurate vacuum-polarization calculations,” Physical Review A, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 2772–2778, 1993.
- I. Lindgren, S. Salomonson, and D. Hedendahl, “Coupled clusters and quantum electrodynamics,” in Recent Progress in Coupled Cluster Methods: Theory and Applications, P. ČCársky, J. Paldus, and J. Pittner, Eds., pp. 357–374, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- G. S. Adkins, “One-loop renormalization of coulomb-gauge QED,” Physical Review D, vol. 27, no. 8, pp. 1814–1820, 1983.
- G. S. Adkins, “One-loop vertex function in Coulomb-gauge QED,” Physical Review D, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 2489–2492, 1986.