- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 363247, 9 pages
Millimeter-Wave Rotational Spectra of trans-Acrolein (Propenal) (CH2CHCOH): A DC Discharge Product of Allyl Alcohol (CH2CHCH2OH) Vapor and DFT Calculation
Experimental Condensed Matter Physics Division, Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Sector 1, Block AF, Bidhannagar, Kolkata 700 064, India
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 5 July 2012
Academic Editor: Nigel J. Mason
Copyright © 2012 A. I. Jaman and Rangana Bhattacharya. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. A. Cherniak and C. C. Costain, “Microwave spectrum and molecular structure of trans-acrolein,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 104–110, 1966.
- J. M. Hollis, P. R. Jewell, F. J. Lovas, A. Remijan, and H. Møllendal, “Green bank telescope detection of new interstellar aldehydes: propenal and propanal,” Astrophysical Journal, vol. 610, no. 1, pp. L21–L24, 2004.
- R. Wagner, J. Fine, J. W. Simmons, and J. H. Goldstein, “Microwave spectrum, structure, and dipole moment of s-trans acrolein,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 634–637, 1957.
- R. K. Harris, “Vibrational assignments for glyoxal, acrolein and butadiene,” Spectrochimica Acta, vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 1129–1141, 1964.
- J. C. D. Brand and D. G. Williamson, “Near-ultra-violet spectrum of propenal,” Discussions of the Faraday Society, vol. 35, pp. 184–191, 1963.
- J. M. Hollas, “The electronic absorption spectrum of acrolein vapour,” Spectrochimica Acta, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 1425–1426, E1–E2, 1427–1441, 1963.
- A. C. P. Alves, J. Christoffersen, and J. M. Hollas, “Near ultra-violet spectra of the s-trans and a second rotamer of acrolein vapour,” Molecular Physics, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 625–644, 1971.
- A. C. P. Alves, J. Christoffersen, and J. M. Hollas, “Erratum to “Near ultra-violet spectra of the s-trans and a second rotamer of acrolein vapour”,” Molecular Physics, vol. 21, no. 2, p. 384, 1971.
- A. Krantz, T. D. Goldfarb, and C. Y. Lin, “A simple method for assigning vibrational frequencies to rapidly equilibrating rotational isomers,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 94, no. 11, pp. 4022–4024, 1972.
- C. E. Blom, R. P. Miller, and H. Günthard, “S-trans and S-cis acrolein: trapping from thermal molecular beams and uv-induced isomerization in argon matrices,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 73, pp. 483–486, 1980.
- L. A. Carreira, “Raman spectrum and torsional potential function of acrolein,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 80, no. 11, pp. 1149–1152, 1976.
- C. E. Blom and A. Bauder, “Microwave spectrum, rotational constants and dipole moment of s-cis acrolein,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 88, no. 1, pp. 55–58, 1982.
- C. E. Blom, G. Grassi, and A. Bauder, “Molecular structure of s-cis- and s-trans-acrolein determined by microwave spectroscopy,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 106, no. 24, pp. 7427–7431, 1984.
- M. Winnewisser, G. Winnewisser, T. Honda, and E. Hirita, “Ground state centrifugal distortion constants of trans-acrolein, CH2=CH-CHO from the microwave and millimeter wave rotational spectra,” Zitschrift, Naturforsch, vol. 30, pp. 1001–1014, 1975.
- A. R. W. McKellar, D. W. Tokaryk, and D. R. T. Appadoo, “The far-infrared spectrum of acrolein, CH2CHCHO: the ν18 fundamental and (ν17 + ν18)—ν18 hot bands,” Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, vol. 244, no. 2, pp. 146–152, 2007.
- L.-H. Xu, X. Jiang, H. Shi et al., “10 μm High-resolution spectrum of trans-acrolein: rotational analysis of the ν11, ν16, ν14 and ν16 + ν18—ν18 bands,” Journal of Molecular Spectroscopy, vol. 268, no. 1-2, pp. 136–146, 2011.
- J. L. Alonso and R. M. Villamañán, “Rotational isomerism in monofluorobenzaldehydes,” Journal of the Chemical Society, Faraday Transactions, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 137–149, 1989.
- J. H. Høg, L. Nygaard, and G. Ole Sørensen, “Microwave spectrum and planarity of nitrobenzene,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 7, no. 1-2, pp. 111–121, 1971.
- R. K. Kakar, “Microwave spectrum of benzoyl fluoride,” The Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 56, no. 3, pp. 1246–1252, 1972.
- R. M. Villamañán, J. C. López, and J. L. Alonso, “On the planarity of 2-fluorostyrene,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 111, no. 17, pp. 6487–6491, 1989.
- S. Saito, “Laboratory microwave spectroscopy of interstellar molecules,” Applied Spectroscopy Reviews, vol. 25, pp. 261–296, 1989.
- A. I. Jaman, P. Hemant Kumar, and P. R. Bangal, “Rotational spectrum of propyne observed in a DC glow discharge and DFT calculation,” Asian Journal of Spectroscopy, Special Issue, pp. 43–48, 2010.
- A. I. Jaman, R. Bhattacharya, D. Mondal, and A. Kumar Das, “Millimeterwave spectral studies of propynal (HCCCHO) produced by DC discharge and ab initio DFT calculation,” Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, vol. 2011, Article ID 439019, 8 pages, 2011.
- J. F. Verdieck and C. D. Cornwell, “Radio-frequency spectrometer with bidirectional square wave frequency modulation,” Review of Scientific Instruments, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 1383–1386, 1961.
- A. I. Jaman, “Millimeterwave spectroscopy of transient molecules produced in a DC discharge,” Pramana, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 85–91, 2003.
- A. I. Jaman, “Millimeter wave spectrum of ICN, a transient molecule of chemical and astrophysical interest,” Journal of Physics, vol. 80, no. 1, Article ID 012006, 2007.
- M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, and H. B. Schlegel, Gaussian 09, Revision A. 1, Gaussian, Wallingford, Conn, USA, 2009.
- GaussView 5. 0.
- J. K. G. Watson, “Aspects of quartic and sextic centrifugal effects on rotational energy levels,” in Vibrational Spectra and Structure, J. R. Durig, Ed., vol. 6, pp. 1–89, Mercel Dekker, New York, NY, USA, 1977.