- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 589651, 6 pages
Statistical Complexity of Low- and High-Dimensional Systems
1Department of Complex System, School of Systems Information Science, Future University Hakodate, 116-2 Kamedanakano-Cho, Hakodate-Shi, Hakodate, Hokkaido 041-8655, Japan
2Non-Linearity and Complexity Research Group, Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Received 2 January 2012; Revised 5 April 2012; Accepted 5 April 2012
Academic Editor: Keli Han
Copyright © 2012 Vladimir Ryabov and Dmitry Nerukh. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. P. Crutchfield and K. Young, “Inferring statistical complexity,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 105–108, 1989.
- D. P. Feldman, C. S. McTague, J. P. Crutch-field, et al., “The organization of intrinsic computation: complexity-entropy diagrams and the diversity of natural information processing,” Chaos, vol. 18, no. 4, Article ID 043106, 15 pages, 2008.
- D. Nerukh and V. Ryabov, “Computational mechanics of molecular systems,” in Computational Mechanics Research Trends, Computer Science, Technology and Applications, H. P. Berger, Ed., Nova Science, 2010.
- D. Nerukh, V. Ryabov, and R. C. Glen, “Complex temporal patterns in molecular dynamics: a direct measure of the phase-space exploration by the trajectory at macroscopic time scales,” Physical Review E, vol. 77, no. 3, Article ID 036225, 2008.
- J. Theiler, S. Eubank, A. Longtin, B. Galdrikian, and J. Doyne Farmer, “Testing for nonlinearity in time series: the method of surrogate data,” Physica D, vol. 58, no. 1-4, pp. 77–94, 1992.
- J. M. Amigó, S. Zambrano, and M. A. F. Sanjuán, “Combinatorial detection of determinism in noisy time series,” EPL, vol. 83, no. 6, Article ID 60005, 2008.
- B. V. Chirikov, “A universal instability of many-dimensional oscillator systems,” Physics Reports, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 263–379, 1979.
- C. R. Shalizi and K. L. Shalizi, “Blind construction of optimal nonlinear recursive predictors for discrete sequences,” in Proceedings of the Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, 20th Conference, M. Chickering and J. Halpern, Eds., pp. 504–511, AUAI Press, 2004.
- G. M. Zaslavsky, “Chaos, fractional kinetics, and anomalous transport,” Physics Report, vol. 371, no. 6, pp. 461–580, 2002.
- J. H. Misguich, J.-D. Reuss, Y. Elskens, and R. Balescu, “Motion in a stochastic layer described by symbolic dynamics,” Chaos, vol. 8, pp. 248–256, 1998.
- F. Baldovin, C. Tsallis, and B. Schulze, “Nonstandard entropy production in the standard map,” Physica A, vol. 320, pp. 184–192, 2003.
- G. Boffetta, M. Cencini, M. Falcioni, and A. Vulpiani, “Predictability: a way to characterize complexity,” Physics Reports, vol. 356, no. 6, pp. 367–474, 2002.
- N. T. Faber, C. M. Boily, and S. Portegies Zwart, “On time-dependent orbital complexity in gravitational N-body simulations,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 386, no. 1, pp. 425–439, 2008.
- H. E. Kandrup, B. L. Eckstein, and B. O. Bradley, “Chaos, complexity, and short time Lyapunov exponents: two alternative characterisations of chaotic orbit segments,” Astronomy and Astrophysics, vol. 320, no. 1, pp. 65–73, 1997.
- I. V. Sideris and H. E. Kandrup, “Chaos and the continuum limit in the gravitational N-body problem. II. Nonintegrable potentials,” Physical Review E, vol. 65, no. 6, Article ID 066203, 2002.
- I. I. Shevchenko, “Isentropic perturbations of a chaotic domain,” Physics Letters A, vol. 333, no. 5-6, pp. 408–414, 2004.