- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 963187, 5 pages
A Self-Powered Medical Device for Blood Irradiation Therapy
Faculty of Engineering, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan 52900, Israel
Received 4 March 2012; Accepted 7 May 2012
Academic Editor: Pietro Ferraro
Copyright © 2012 Avigail D. Amsel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. C. Palmaz, “Balloon-expandable intravascular stent,” American Journal of Roentgenology, vol. 150, no. 6, pp. 1263–1269, 1988.
- P. W. Serruys, P. De Jaegere, F. Kiemeneij et al., “A comparison of balloon-expandable-stent implantation with balloon angioplasty in patients with coronary artery disease,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 331, no. 8, pp. 489–495, 1994.
- J. C. Palmaz, “Intravascular stents in the last and the next 10 years,” Journal of Endovascular Therapy, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. II200–II206, 2004.
- J. Greenhalgh, J. Hockenhull, N. Rao, Y. Dundar, R. C. Dickson, and A. Bagust, “Drug-eluting stents versus bare metal stents for angina or acute coronary syndromes,” Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Online), vol. 5, article CD004587, 2010.
- M. Bosiers, K. Deloose, J. Verbist, and P. Peeters, “Will absorbable metal stent technology change our practice?” Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 393–397, 2006.
- T. Ohki, D. Stern, M. Allen, and J. Yadav, “Wireless pressure sensing of aneurysms,” Endovascular Today, pp. 47–52, 2004.
- T. Ohki, K. Ouriel, P. G. Silveira et al., “Initial results of wireless pressure sensing for endovascular aneurysm repair: the APEX Trial-Acute Pressure Measurement to Confirm Aneurysm Sac EXclusion,” Journal of Vascular Surgery, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 236–242, 2007.
- E. B. Gelfgat, R. F. Abdullaev, Z. M. Babaev, and S. Musabekov Sh. S., “Helium-neon laser used in drug-resistant cardiac arrhythmias,” Kardiologiya, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 66–68, 1992.
- T. Moshkovska and J. Mayberry, “It is time to test low level laser therapy in Great Britain,” Postgraduate Medical Journal, vol. 81, no. 957, pp. 436–441, 2005.
- G. E. Brill, S. N. Grigoriev, T. P. Romanova, and S. G. Petrisheva, “Effect of laser irradiation on neutrophils metabolism in stress,” in Low-Energy Lasers, vol. 2086 of Proceedings of SPIE, pp. 312–318, 1993.
- E. Meshalkin, Application of Direct Laser Irradiation in Experimental and Clinical Heart Surgery, Nauka, Novosibirsk, Russia, 1981.
- E. A. Stroev, V. A. Larionov, L. P. Grigor'eva, V. G. Makarova, and I. I. Dubinina, “The treatment of diabetic angiopathies by endovascular low-intensity laser irradiation,” Problemy Endokrinologii, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. 23–25, 1990.
- A. Dube, H. Bansal, and P. K. Gupta, “Modulation of macrophage structure and function by low level He–Ne laser irradiation,” Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 851–855, 2003.
- H. Kolárová, D. Ditrichová, and S. Smolan, “Effect of He–Ne laser irradiation on phagocytic activity of leukocytes in vitro,” Acta Universitatis Palackianae Olomucensis Facultatis Medicae, vol. 129, pp. 127–132, 1991.
- A. I. Neĭmark and N. I. Muzalevskaia, “Low-intensity laser radiation in preoperative preparation of patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia,” Urologiia, no. 1, pp. 11–15, 2000.
- I. Stadler, R. Evans, B. Kolb et al., “In vitro effects of low-level laser irradiation at 660 nm on peripheral blood lymphocytes,” Lasers In Surgery and Medicine, vol. 27, pp. 255–261, 2000.
- V. I. Karandashov, E. B. Petukhov, V. S. Zrodnikov, and V. A. Zhomov, “Biological and clinical effects of violet and blue light,” Biulleten’ Eksperimental’Noi Biologii I Meditsiny, vol. 123, no. 4, pp. 452–454, 1997.
- I. S. Diasamidze, “Impact of photo hemotherapy on blood lipid composition in coronary heart disease,” Klinicheskaia Meditsina, vol. 82, no. 7, pp. 34–36, 2004.
- M. H. Weber, T. Fussgänger-May, and T. Wolf, “The intravenous laser blood irradiation-introduction of a new therapy,” Deutsche Zeitschrift für Akupunktur, vol. 50, pp. 12–23, 2007.
- M. Beraia, “Arterial pulse impact on blood flow,” Health, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 532–540, 2010.
- L. J. Clancy, Aerodynamics, section 3.5, Pitman Publishing Limited, London, UK.
- N. Narendran, Y. Gu, J. P. Freyssinier-Nova, and Y. Zhu, “Extracting phosphor-scattered photons to improve white LED efficiency,” Physica Status Solidi A, vol. 202, no. 6, pp. R60–R62, 2005.
- J. Cutnell and J. Kenneth, Physics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1998.