- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 976376, 6 pages
Speckle Cross-Correlation Method in Measuring Fine Surface Displacements
Optical Metrology Department, National Institute for Standards, Tersa Street, Haram, P.O. Box 136, Giza 12211, Egypt
Received 7 July 2012; Revised 27 October 2012; Accepted 27 October 2012
Academic Editor: Keli Han
Copyright © 2012 M. Bahrawi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Nicklawy, A. F. Hassan, M. Bahrawi, N. Farid, and A. M. Sanjid, “Characterizing surface roughness by speckle pattern analysis,” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, vol. 68, no. 2, pp. 118–121, 2009.
- M. Sjödahl, “Accuracy in electronic speckle photography,” Applied Optics, vol. 36, no. 13, pp. 2875–2885, 1997.
- R. Duda and P. E. Hart, Pattern Classification and Scene Analysis, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1973.
- R. Gonzalez and R. E. Woods, Digital Image Processing, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1992.
- J. N. Périé, S. Calloch, C. Cluzel, and F. Hild, “Analysis of a multiaxial test on a C/C composite by using digital image correlation and a damage model,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 318–328, 2002.
- T. C. Chu, W. F. Ranson, and M. A. Sutton, “Applications of digital-image-correlation techniques to experimental mechanics,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 232–244, 1985.
- M. Sutton, W. Wolters, W. Peters, W. Ranson, and S. McNeill, “Determination of displacements using an improved digital correlation method,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 133–139, 1983.
- M. Sutton, C. Mingqi, W. Peters, Y. Chao, and S. McNeill, “Application of an optimized digital correlation method to planar deformation analysis,” Image and Vision Computing, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 143–150, 1986.
- M. A. Sutton, J. J. Orteu, and H. Schreier, Image Correlation For Shape, Motion and DeFormation Measurements—Basic Concepts, Theory and Applications, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2009.
- M. A. Sutton, J. H. Yan, V. Tiwari, H. W. Schreier, and J. J. Orteu, “The effect of out-of-plane motion on 2D and 3D digital image correlation measurements,” Optics and Lasers in Engineering, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 746–757, 2008.
- I. Yamaguchi, “Measurement and testing by digital speckle correlation,” in Proceeding of the 7th International Symposium on Instrumentation and Control Technology: Optoelectronic Technology and Instruments, Control Theory and Automation, and Space Exploration, vol. 7129 of Proceedings of SPIE, 2008.
- N. Farid, Application of speckle metrology as a tool for optical dimensional measurements [Ph.D. thesis], Helwan University, 2008.
- JCGM 100:2008, Evaluation of measurement data, Guide to the expression of uncertainty in measurement, 2008, http://www.bipm.org/utils/common/documents/jcgm/JCGM_100_2008_E.pdf.