- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Atomic and Molecular Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 674242, 12 pages
Energy Levels and the Landé -Factors for Singly Ionized Lanthanum
Department of Physics, Sakarya University, 54187 Sakarya, Turkey
Received 25 January 2013; Accepted 20 April 2013
Academic Editor: Gregory Lapicki
Copyright © 2013 Betül Karaçoban and Leyla Özdemir. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Furmann, J. Ruczkowski, D. Stefańska, M. Elantkowska, and J. Dembczyński, “Hyperfine structure in La II odd configuration levels,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 41, no. 21, Article ID 215004, 8 pages, 2008.
- J. E. Lawler, G. Bonvallet, and C. Sneden, “Experimental radiative lifetimes, branching fractions, and oscillator strengths for La II and a new determination of the solar lanthanum abundance,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 556, no. 1, pp. 452–460, 2001.
- W. F. Meggers, “The structure of the La II spectrum,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 191–204, 1927.
- W. F. Meggers, “The Strongest lines of singly ionized atoms,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 31, no. 10, pp. 605–611, 1941.
- H. N. Russell and W. F. Meggers, “An analysis of lanthanum spectra (La I, La II, La III),” Journal of Research of the National Bureau of Standards, vol. 9, pp. 625–628, 1932.
- N. Grevesse and G. Blanquet, “Abundances of the rare earths in the sun,” Solar Physics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 5–17, 1969.
- N. Spector and U. Gotthelf, “Configuration interaction in singly ionized lanthanum (La II),” Óptica Pura Y Aplicada, vol. 3, pp. 98–103, 1970.
- X. P. Xie, C. B. Xu, W. Sun et al., “Study of La+ Rydberg and autoionization states: ionization potential of La II,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 484–487, 1999.
- E. F. Worden, R. W. Solarz, J. A. Paisner, and J. G. Conway, “First ionization potentials of lanthanides by laser spectroscopy,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 52–61, 1978.
- J. Sugar and J. Reader, “Ionization energies of the singly ionized rare earths,” Journal of the Optical Society of America, vol. 55, no. 10, pp. 1286–1290, 1965.
- E. Eliav, S. Shmulyian, U. Kaldor, and Y. Ishikawa, “Transition energies of lanthanum, actinium, and eka-actinium (element 121),” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 109, no. 10, pp. 3954–3958, 1998.
- D. Kułaga-Egger and J. Migdałek, “Theoretical radiative lifetimes of levels in singly ionized lanthanum,” Journal of Physics B, vol. 42, no. 18, Article ID 185002, 6 pages, 2009.
- D. J. Bord, L. P. Barisciano, and C. R. Cowley, “Gf-values for singly ionized lanthanum based on a new calibration of NBS Monograph 145 intensities,” Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 278, no. 4, pp. 997–1004, 1996.
- T. Andersen, O. Poulsen, P. S. Ramanujam, and A. P. Petkov, “Lifetimes of some excited states in the rare earths: La II, Ce II, Pr II, Nd II, Sm II, Yb I, Yb II, and Lu II,” Solar Physics, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 257–267, 1975.
- A. Arnesen, A. Bengtsson, R. Hallin, J. Lindslog, C. Nordling, and T. Noreland, “Lifetime measurements in La II with the beam-laser method,” Physica Scripta, vol. 16, no. 1-2, pp. 31–34, 1977.
- A. Arnesen, A. Bengtsson, R. Hallin, and T. Noreland, “Lifetime measurements the La II y3F4,3,20 levels with the beam-laser method (solar photosphere la abundance),” Journal of Physics B, vol. 10, no. 4, article 010, pp. 565–568, 1977.
- Z. S. Li and Z.-K. Jiang, “Lifetime measurements in La II and La III using time-resolved laser spectroscopy,” Physica Scripta, vol. 60, no. 5, pp. 414–417, 1999.
- J. Migdalek and W. E. Baylis, “Multiconfiguration Dirac-Fock study of the 5d6p 3F° 4 lifetime in singly ionized lanthanum,” Physical Review A, vol. 43, no. 9, pp. 4625–4628, 1991.
- Z. Zhiguo, L. Zhongshan, and J. Zhankui, “Experimental investigations of oscillator strengths for ultraviolet transitions in La II,” European Physical Journal D, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 499–502, 1999.
- A. Derkatch, L. Ilyinsky, S. Mannervik et al., “Experimental and theoretical investigation of radiative decay rates of metastable levels in La II,” Physical Review A, vol. 65, no. 6, pp. 625081–625087, 2002.
- C. Höhle, H. Hühnermann, and H. Wagner, “Measurements of the hyperfine structure constants of all the 5d2 and 5d6s levels in 139La II using the high-resolution spectroscopy on collinear laser-ion-beams,” Zeitschrift Für Physik A Hadrons and Nuclei, vol. 304, no. 4, pp. 279–283, 1982.
- J. Bauche, J.-F. Wyart, Z. Ben Ahmed, and K. Guidara, “Interpretation of the hyperfine structures in the low even configurations of lanthanum II,” Zeitschrift für Physik A Atoms and Nuclei, vol. 304, no. 4, pp. 285–292, 1982.
- L. Maosheng, M. Hongliang, C. Miaohua et al., “Hyperfine structure measurements in the lines 576.91 nm 597.11 nm and 612.61 nm of La ll,” Physica Scripta, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 449–451, 2000.
- H. Iimura, M. Koizumi, M. Miyabe et al., “Nuclear moments and isotope shifts of 135La, 137La, and 138La by collinear laser spectroscopy,” Physical Review C, vol. 68, Article ID 054328, 5 pages, 2003.
- P. Schef, M. Björkhage, P. Lundin, and S. Mannervik, “Precise hyperfine structure measurements of La II utilizing the laser and rf double resonance technique,” Physica Scripta, vol. 73, no. 2, pp. 217–222, 2006.
- D. Datta and D. R. Beck, “Relativistic many-body effects in the fine and hyperfine structure of 139La II, (5d+6s)2J = 2 states: the need for second-order electrostatic corrections,” Physical Review A, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 3622–3627, 1995.
- J. E. Sansonetti and W. C. Martin, “Handbook of basic atomic spectroscopic data,” Journal of Physical and Chemical Reference Data, vol. 34, pp. 1559–2259, 2005.
- C. F. Fischer, T. Brage, and P. Jönsson, Computational Atomic Structure-An MCHF Approach, IOP, Bristol, England, 1997.
- R. D. Cowan, The Theory of Atomic Structure Spectra, University of California Press, California, Calif, USA, 1981.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Energies and lifetimes for some excited levels in La I,” Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 113, no. 6, pp. 1609–1618, 2008.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Electric dipole transitions for La I, (Z = 57),” Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 109, no. 11, pp. 1968–1985, 2008.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “The hyperfine structure calculations of some excited levels for 139La I,” Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 115, no. 5, pp. 864–872, 2009.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Transition energies of neutral and singly ionized lanthanum,” Indian Journal of Physics, vol. 84, no. 3, pp. 223–230, 2010.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Electric dipole transitions for Lu I, (Z = 71),” Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 635–648, 2011.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Energies and Landé factors for some excited levels in Lu I, (Z = 71),” Central European Journal of Physics, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 800–806, 2011.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Energies, Landé factors, and lifetimes for some excited levels of neutral ytterbium (Z = 70),” Acta Physica Polonica A, vol. 119, no. 3, pp. 342–353, 2011.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Electric dipole transitions for neutral ytterbium (Z = 70),” Journal of the Korean Physical Society, vol. 58, no. 3, pp. 417–428, 2011.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Transition energies of ytterbium (Z = 70),” Zeitschrift Für Naturforschung A, vol. 66, pp. 543–551, 2011.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “The level structure of atomic lutetium (Z = 71): a relativistic Hartree-Fock calculation,” Indian Journal of Physics, vol. 85, no. 5, pp. 683–702, 2011.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Transition energies of lutetium,” Chinese Journal of Physics, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 40–49, 2012.
- B. Karaçoban and L. Özdemir, “Transition parameters for doubly ionized lanthanum,” Journal of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics, vol. 2012, Article ID 246105, 15 pages, 2012.
- P. Jönsson and S. Gustafsson, “A program for computing weak and intermediate field Zeeman splittings from MCHF wave functions,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 144, no. 2, pp. 188–199, 2002.
- C. F. Fischer, “The MCHF atomic-structure package,” Computer Physics Communications, vol. 128, no. 3, pp. 635–636, 2000.