- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 132073, 8 pages
Examining the Racial Crossover in Mortality between African American and White Older Adults: A Multilevel Survival Analysis of Race, Individual Socioeconomic Status, and Neighborhood Socioeconomic Context
1Department of Human Development and Family Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1430 Linden Drive, Madison, WI 53706-1575, USA
2School of Social Work, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1350 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Received 20 February 2011; Accepted 10 May 2011
Academic Editor: Bo A. Hagberg
Copyright © 2011 Li Yao and Stephanie A. Robert. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [9 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Maria T. Sanchez-Santos, Marco Mesa-Frias, Minkyoung Choi, Eveline Nueesch, Angel Asunsolo-Del Barco, Antoinette Amuzu, George Davey Smith, Shah Ebrahim, David Prieto-Merino, and Juan P. Casas, “Area-Level Deprivation and Overall and Cause-Specific Mortality: 12 Years' Observation on British Women and Systematic Review of Prospective Studies,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 9, 2013.
- Michael S. Hollingshaus, and Rebecca L. Utz, “Depressive Symptoms Following the Diagnosis of Major Chronic Illness,” Society And Mental Health, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 22–39, 2013.
- Jasvinder A. Singh, “Racial and Gender Disparities Among Patients with Gout,” Current Rheumatology Reports, vol. 15, no. 2, 2013.
- Salma Shariff-Marco, Juan Yang, Esther M. John, Meera Sangaramoorthy, Andrew Hertz, Jocelyn Koo, David O. Nelson, Clayton W. Schupp, Sarah J. Shema, Myles Cockburn, William A. Satariano, Irene H. Yen, Ninez A. Ponce, Marilyn Winkleby, Theresa H. M. Keegan, and Scarlett L. Gomez, “Impact of Neighborhood and Individual Socioeconomic Status on Survival after Breast Cancer Varies by Race/Ethnicity: The Neighborhood and Breast Cancer Study,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 793–811, 2014.
- Peter Congdon, “Estimating life expectancies for US small areas: a regression framework,” Journal of Geographical Systems, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2014.
- Salma Shariff-Marco, Juan Yang, Esther M. John, Allison W. Kurian, Iona Cheng, Rita Leung, Jocelyn Koo, Kristine R. Monroe, Brian E. Henderson, Leslie Bernstein, Yani Lu, Marilyn L. Kwan, Richard Sposto, Cheryl L. P. Vigen, Anna H. Wu, Theresa H. M. Keegan, and Scarlett Lin Gomez, “Intersection of Race/Ethnicity and Socioeconomic Status in Mortality After Breast Cancer,” Journal Of Community Health, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 1287–1299, 2015.
- Emily M. Bucholz, Shuangge Ma, Sharon-Lise T. Normand, and Harlan M. Krumholz, “Race, Socioeconomic Status, and Life Expectancy After Acute Myocardial Infarction,” Circulation, vol. 132, no. 14, pp. 1338–1346, 2015.
- Sze Yan Liu, M. Maria Glymour, Laura B. Zahodne, Christopher Weiss, and Jennifer J. Manly, “Role of Place in Explaining Racial Heterogeneity in Cognitive Outcomes among Older Adults,” Journal Of The International Neuropsychological Society, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 677–687, 2015.
- David L. Roth, Kimberly A. Skarupski, Deidra C. Crews, Virginia J. Howard, and Julie L. Locher, “Distinct Age and Self-Rated Health Crossover Mortality Effects for African Americans: Evidence from a National Cohort Study,” Social Science & Medicine, 2016.