- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 153756, 10 pages
A Population Where Men Live As Long As Women: Villagrande Strisaili, Sardinia
1FNRS, IACCHOS, Université Catholique de Louvain, 6000 Charleroi, Belgium
2Institute for Population Studies, Tallinn University, 10504 Tallinn, Estonia
3Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche, Università degli Studi di Sassari, 07100 Sassari, Italy
4Dipartimento di Ricerche Economiche e Sociali, Università degli Studi di Cagliari, 09123 Cagliari, Italy
Received 15 February 2011; Revised 11 May 2011; Accepted 9 June 2011
Academic Editor: Bo A. Hagberg
Copyright © 2011 Michel Poulain et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Luisa Salaris, Michel Poulain, and Thomas T. Samaras, “Height and survival at older ages among men born in an inland village in Sardinia (Italy), 1866-2006,” Biodemography and Social Biology, vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 1–13, 2012.
- Gholamreza Veghari, Mehdi Sedaghat, Samieh Banihashem, Pooneh Moharloei, Abdolhamid Angizeh, Ebrahim Tazik, and Abbas Moghaddami, “Trends in waist circumference and central obesity in adults, Northern Iran,” Oman Medical Journal, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 50–53, 2012.
- Richard Warwick, Michael Shackcloth, Neeraj Mediratta, Richard Page, James McShane, and Mathew Shaw, “Female sex and long-term survival post curative resection for non-small-cel l lung cancer,” European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 624–630, 2013.
- A. B. Newman, and J. M. Murabito, “The Epidemiology of Longevity and Exceptional Survival,” Epidemiologic Reviews, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 181–197, 2013.
- Thomas T. Samaras, “Shorter height is related to lower cardiovascular disease risk-A narrative review,” Indian Heart Journal, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 66–71, 2013.
- Katrin Gast, “Do Women Live Longer or Do Men Die Earlier? Reflections on the Causes of Se x Differences in Life Expectancy,” Gerontology, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 143–153, 2014.