- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 176709, 10 pages
Balance, Sensorimotor, and Cognitive Performance in Long-Year Expert Senior Ballroom Dancers
1Neural Plasticity Lab, Institute for Neuroinformatics, Ruhr-University Bochum, 44780 Bochum, Germany
2Department of Neurology, BG-Kliniken Bergmannsheil, Ruhr-University Bochum, 44789 Bochum, Germany
Received 5 May 2011; Revised 7 July 2011; Accepted 28 July 2011
Academic Editor: William J. Hoyer
Copyright © 2011 Jan-Christoph Kattenstroth et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Eduard Kraft, “Cognitive function, physical activity, and aging: Possible biological links and implications for multimodal interventions,” Aging Neuropsychology and Cognition, vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 248–263, 2012.
- Jan-Christoph Kattenstroth, Tobias Kalisch, Stephan Holt, Martin Tegenthoff, and Hubert R. Dinse, “Six months of dance intervention enhances postural, sensorimotor, and cognitive performance in elderly without affecting cardio-respiratory functions,” Frontiers In Aging Neuroscience, vol. 5, 2013.
- E. M. Wanke, T. Fischer, H. G. Pieper, and D. A. Groneberg, “Dance Sport: Injury Profile in Latin American Formation Dancing,” Sportverletzung-Sportschaden, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 132–138, 2014.
- E. M. Wanke, M. Borchardt, A. Fischer, and D. A. Groneberg, “Injury Profile in Competitive Senior Ballroom Dancers,” Sportverletzung-Sportschaden, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 204–210, 2014.
- Tony Noice, Helga Noice, and Arthur F. Kramer, “Participatory Arts for Older Adults: A Review of Benefits and Challenges,” Gerontologist, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 741–753, 2014.
- D. Duncker, K. Friedel, T. Konig, H. Schreyer, U. Lusebrink, M. Duncker, H. Oswald, G. Klein, and A. Gardiwal, “Cardiac resynchronization therapy improves psycho-cognitive performance in patients with heart failure,” Europace, 2015.