- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 197590, 2 pages
Behavioral Factors of Longevity
1Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
2Insitute of Gerontology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
3Department of Psychology, Lund University, 22220 Lund, Sweden
Received 21 November 2011; Accepted 21 November 2011
Copyright © 2011 Peter Martin et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. W. Poon, P. Martin, A. Bishop et al., “Understanding centenarians' psychosocial dynamics and their contributions to health and quality of life,” Current Gerontology and Geriatrics Research, vol. 2010, Article ID 680657, 13 pages, 2010.
- J. K. Montez, M. D. Hayward, D. C. Brown, and R. A. Hummer, “Why is the educational gradient of mortality steeper for men?” Journals of Gerontology B, vol. 64, no. 5, pp. 625–634, 2009.
- H. S. Friedman, J. S. Tucker, C. Tomlinson-Keasey, J. E. Schwartz, D. L. Wingard, and M. H. Criqui, “Does childhood personality predict longevity?” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, vol. 65, no. 1, pp. 176–185, 1993.
- B. J. Willcox, K. Yano, R. Chen et al., “How much should we eat? The association between energy intake and mortality in a 36-year follow-up study of Japanese-American men,” Journals of Gerontology A, vol. 59, no. 8, pp. 789–795, 2004.
- L. Tafaro, M. T. Tombolillo, N. Brükner et al., “Stress in centenarians,” Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 353–355, 2009.
- D. G. Blazer, “How do you feel about…? Health outcomes in late life and self-perceptions of health and well-being,” The Gerontologist, vol. 48, no. 4, pp. 415–422, 2008.
- L. W. Poon, G. M. Clayton, P. Martin et al., “The Georgia Centenarian Study,” International Journal of Aging and Human Development, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 1–17, 1992.