- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 383091, 4 pages
CLOCK Genes and Circadian Rhythmicity in Alzheimer Disease
1Department of Psychiatry, University of Rostock, Gehlsheimerstraße 20, 18147 Rostock, Germany
2Department of Psychology, National University of Ireland, Maynooth, Maynooth, Ireland
3Biochemistry and Proteomics Group, Department of Chemistry and Biomolecular Science, Clarkson University, Potsdam, NY 13699, USA
4Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Neurology, University of Rostock, 18147 Rostock, Germany
Received 2 August 2011; Accepted 16 August 2011
Academic Editor: Aurel Popa-Wagner
Copyright © 2011 J. Thome et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jacques Vanderstraeten, Luc Verschaeve, Hynek Burda, Catherine Bouland, and Christophe de Brouwer, “Health effects of extremely low-frequency magnetic fields: Reconsidering the melatonin hypothesis in the light of current data on magnetoreception,” Journal of Applied Toxicology, vol. 32, no. 12, pp. 952–958, 2012.
- Andy Cochrane, Ian H. Robertson, and Andrew N. Coogan, “Association between circadian rhythms, sleep and cognitive impairment in healthy older adults: An actigraphic study,” Journal of Neural Transmission, vol. 119, no. 10, pp. 1233–1239, 2012.
- Michel Goedert, “Circadian clocks and neurodegenerative diseases: time to aggregate?,” Current Opinion in Neurobiology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 880–887, 2013.
- Diane Slats, Jurgen A.H.R. Claassen, Marcel M. Verbeek, and Sebastiaan Overeem, “Reciprocal interactions between sleep, circadian rhythms and Alzheimer's disease: Focus on the role of hypocretin and melatonin,” Ageing Research Reviews, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 188–200, 2013.
- Gabriel R Cojocaru, Aurel Popa-Wagner, Elena C Stanciulescu, Loredana Babadan, and Ana-Maria Buga, “Post-stroke depression and the aging brain,” Journal of Molecular Psychiatry, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 14, 2013.
- Fabien Pifferi, Esther Schenker, Fabienne Aujard, Sophie Dix, Marina Bentivoglio, Valeria Colavito, Gigliola Grassi-Zucconi, Giuseppe Bertini, and Marta Bonaconsa, “Cell Clocks and Neuronal Networks: Neuron Ticking and Synchronization in Aging and Aging-Related Neurodegenerative Disease,” Current Alzheimer Research, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 597–608, 2013.
- Roxanne Sterniczuk, Olga Theou, and Benjamin Rusak, “Sleep Disturbance is Associated with Incident Dementia and Mortality,” Current Alzheimer Research, vol. 10, no. 7, pp. 767–775, 2013.
- Peter Kovacic, and Ratnasamy Somanathan, “Cell signaling, receptors, electrical effects and therapy in circadian rhyt hm,” Journal Of Receptors And Signal Transduction, vol. 33, no. 5, pp. 267–275, 2013.
- B. Guarnieri, M. Musicco, P. Caffarra, F. Adorni, I. Appollonio, D. Arnaldi, A. Bartoli, E. Bonanni, U. Bonuccelli, C. Caltagirone, G. Cerroni, L. Concari, F. I. I. Cosentino, S. Fermi, R. Ferri, G. Gelosa, G. Lombardi, S. Mearelli, F. Nobili, S. Passero, R. Perri, R. Rocchi, P. Sucapane, G. Tognoni, S. Zabberoni, and S. Sorbi, “Recommendations of the Sleep Study Group of the Italian Dementia Research Association (SINDem) on clinical assessment and management of sleep disorders in individuals with mild cognitive impairment and dementia: a clinical review,” Neurological Sciences, 2014.
- Andre Hoffmeyer, Philipp Koldrack, Alexandra Bauer, Susanne Schubert, Stefan Schroeder, and Stefan Teipel, “Detecting the Effect of Alzheimer's Disease on Everyday Motion Behavior,” Journal of Alzheimers Disease, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 121–132, 2014.
- Roneil Malkani, and Hrayr Attarian, “Sleep in Neurodegenerative Disorders,” Current Sleep Medicine Reports, 2015.
- Laure Peter-Derex, Pierre Yammine, Helene Bastuji, and Bernard Croisile, “Sleep and Alzheimer's disease,” Sleep Medicine Reviews, vol. 19, pp. 29–38, 2015.