- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 530534, 10 pages
Psychosocial Factors Associated with Longevity in the United States: Age Differences between the Old and Oldest-Old in the Health and Retirement Study
Davis School of Gerontology, University of Southern California, 3715 McClintock Avenue, Room 218C, Los Angeles, CA 90089-0191, USA
Received 16 March 2011; Revised 16 June 2011; Accepted 16 July 2011
Academic Editor: Peter Martin
Copyright © 2011 Jennifer A. Ailshire and Eileen M. Crimmins. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Christopher Wareham, “Life Extension and Mental Ageing,” Philosophical Papers, vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 455–477, 2012.
- Sofia Humboldt, Isabel Leal, and Filipa Pimenta, “Living Well in Later Life: The Influence of Sense of Coherence, and Socio-Demographic, Lifestyle and Health-Related Factors on Older Adults’ Satisfaction with Life,” Applied Research in Quality of Life, 2013.
- Lara Pino, Abel E González-Vélez, Maria-Eugenia Prieto-Flores, Alba Ayala, Gloria Fernandez-Mayoralas, Fermina Rojo-Perez, Pablo Martinez-Martin, and Maria João Forjaz, “Self-perceived health and quality of life by activity status in community-dwelling older adults,” Geriatrics & Gerontology International, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 464–473, 2013.
- Chia-Ter Chao, Yu-Feng Lin, Hung-Bin Tsai, Nin-Chieh Hsu, Chia-Lin Tseng, and Wen-Je Ko, “In Nonagenarians, Acute Kidney Injury Predicts In-Hospital Mortality, while Heart Failure Predicts Hospital Length of Stay,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 11, 2013.
- Jinmyoung Cho, Peter Martin, and Leonard W. Poon, “Age Group Differences In Positive And Negative Affect Among Oldest-Old Adults: Findings From The Georgia Centenarian Study,” International Journal of Aging & Human Development, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 261–288, 2013.
- Ruijia Chen, Melissa A. Simon, E-Shien Chang, YingLiu Zhen, and XinQi Dong, “The Perception of Social Support Among US Chinese Older Adults: Findings From the PINE Study,” Journal of Aging and Health, vol. 26, no. 7, pp. 1137–1154, 2014.
- Jong In Kim, and Gukbin Kim, “Factors affecting the survival probability of becoming a centenarian for those aged 70, based on the human mortality database: income, health expenditure, telephone, and sanitation,” Bmc Geriatrics, vol. 14, 2014.
- Said Shahtahmasebi, “Dealing with Model Mis-Specification in the Analysis of Morale in Old Age,” Open Journal of Social Sciences, vol. 02, no. 01, pp. 64–71, 2014.
- Chun-Gill Kim, “Factors Influencing Life Satisfaction among Community-dwelling Elders by Health Status,” Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 108–119, 2015.
- Irene Mosca, and Alan Barrett, “The impact of adult child emigration on the mental health of older parents,” Journal Of Population Economics, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 687–719, 2016.
- Rose Bennington, Amy Backos, Jennifer Harrison, Arnell Etherington Reader, and Richard Carolan, “Art therapy in art museums: Promoting social connectedness and psychological well-being of older adults,” The Arts in Psychotherapy, 2016.
- E. S. Didier, A. G. MacLean, M. Mohan, P. J. Didier, A. A. Lackner, and M. J. Kuroda, “Contributions of Nonhuman Primates to Research on Aging,” Veterinary Pathology, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 277–290, 2016.