- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 765071, 8 pages
Is There a Reversal in the Effect of Obesity on Mortality in Old Age?
1Department of Health Promotion, School of Public Health, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, P.O.B. 39040, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
2Herczeg Institute on Aging, Tel Aviv University, P.O.B. 39040, Ramat Aviv, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
3George Washington University Medical Center and School of Public Health, Washington, DC 20037, USA
Received 3 February 2011; Revised 5 May 2011; Accepted 9 June 2011
Academic Editor: Bo A. Hagberg
Copyright © 2011 Jiska Cohen-Mansfield and Rotem Perach. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Melissa Bernstein, and Nancy Munoz, “Position of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Food and Nutrition for Older Adults: Promoting Health and Wellness,” Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, vol. 112, no. 8, pp. 1255–1277, 2012.
- Jiska Cohen-Mansfield, and Rotem Perach, “Sleep duration, nap habits, and mortality in older persons,” Sleep, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 1003–1009, 2012.
- Carmine Finelli, and Giovanni Tarantino, “Should visceral fat, strictly linked to hepatic steatosis, be depleted to improve survival?,” Hepatology International, 2012.
- Carmine Finelli, Luigi Sommella, Saverio Gioia, Nicolina La Sala, and Giovanni Tarantino, “Should visceral fat be reduced to increase longevity?,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2013.
- Yoorim Park, Suk Ran Yoon, Hyun Jeong Park, Sa Ik Bang, Dae Ho Cho, Min Kyung Jung, Sun Young Yoon, Ha-Reum Lee, Dae Young Hur, Daejin Kim, Yoolhee Yang, Tae Sung Kim, and Seonghan Kim, “The combination of DHEA, histamine, and insulin increases adipogenic differentiation and enhances tissue transplantation outcome in mice,” Biotechnology and Applied Biochemistry, vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 356–364, 2013.
- Jiska Cohen-Mansfield, “Smoking and mortality among persons aged 75-94,” Preventive Medicine, vol. 56, no. 3-4, pp. 185–189, 2013.