- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 814096, 11 pages
Pathways to Aging: The Mitochondrion at the Intersection of Biological and Psychosocial Sciences
Department of Kinesiology and Physical Education, McGill University, 475 Pine Avenue, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1S4
Received 16 February 2011; Revised 11 May 2011; Accepted 11 July 2011
Academic Editor: Leonard W. Poon
Copyright © 2011 Martin Picard. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [8 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Martin Picard, Kathryn J. Wright, Darmyn Ritchie, Melissa M. Thomas, and Russell T. Hepple, “Mitochondrial Function in Permeabilized Cardiomyocytes Is Largely Preserved in the Senescent Rat Myocardium,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 8, 2012.
- Martin Picard, and Doug M. Turnbull, “Linking the Metabolic State and Mitochondrial DNA in Chronic Disease, Health, and Aging,” Diabetes, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 672–678, 2013.
- Martin Picard, Robert-Paul Juster, and Catherine M. Sabiston, “Is the whole greater than the sum of the parts? Self-rated health and transdisciplinarity,” Health, vol. 05, no. 12, pp. 24–30, 2013.
- Robert-Paul Juster, and Bruce S. McEwen, “Mitochondrial allostatic load puts the 'gluc' back in glucocorticoids,” Nature Reviews Endocrinology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 303–310, 2014.
- M. Saleet Jafri, “Mechanisms of Myofascial Pain,” International Scholarly Research Notices, vol. 2014, pp. 1–16, 2014.
- Joachim P. Sturmberg, Jeanette M. Bennett, Martin Picard, and Andrew J. E. Seely, “The trajectory of life. Decreasing physiological network complexity through changing fractal patterns,” Frontiers in Physiology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Joachim P. Sturmberg, Jeanette M. Bennett, Martin Picard, and Andrew J. E. Seely, “The trajectory of life. Decreasing physiological network complexity through changing fractal patterns,” Frontiers In Physiology, vol. 6, 2015.
- Eunhui Seo, Sunmi Kim, Sang Jun Lee, Byung-Chul Oh, and Hee-Sook Jun, “Ginseng Berry Extract Supplementation Improves Age-Related Decline of Insulin Signaling in Mice,” Nutrients, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 3038–3053, 2015.