- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 912680, 7 pages
Successful Aging and Longevity in Older Old Women: The Role of Depression and Cognition
1Department of Psychology and Institute of Gerontology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202-3801, USA
2Veterans Health Administration, HSR&D/RR&D Center of Excellence, Tampa, FL 33637-1022, USA
Received 15 March 2011; Revised 2 May 2011; Accepted 17 May 2011
Academic Editor: B. A. Hagberg
Copyright © 2011 Daniel Paulson et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Mohammad Sami Walid, Priyal Shah, Moataz Abbara, and Nadezhda Zaytseva, “Spine Surgery Profile in the Fourth Age,” Open Journal of Modern Neurosurgery, vol. 01, no. 02, pp. 5–9, 2011.
- Seija Arve, Sini Eloranta, Suvi Rovio, Hannu Isoaho, Matti Viitanen, and Aapo Lehtonen, “Depressive symptoms among older people: A 15-year follow-up,” Aging - Clinical and Experimental Research, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 501–508, 2012.
- Daniel Paulson, and Peter A. Lichtenberg, “Vascular depression and frailty: a compound threat to longevity among older-old women,” Aging & Mental Health, vol. 17, no. 7, pp. 901–910, 2013.
- Åsa Enkvist, Henrik Ekström, and Sölve Elmståhl, “Associations between cognitive abilities and life satisfaction in the oldest-old. Results from the longitudinal population study Good Aging in Skåne,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 8, pp. 845–853, 2013.
- Daniel Paulson, and Peter A. Lichtenberg, “Vascular depression: An early warning sign of frailty,” Aging and Mental Health, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 85–93, 2013.
- Daniel Paulson, Mary Elizabeth Bowen, and Peter A. Lichtenberg, “Does Brain Reserve Protect Older Women from Vascular Depression?,” Journals of Gerontology Series B-Psychological Sciences and Social Sciences, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 157–167, 2014.
- I. Rouch, E. Achour-Crawford, F. Roche, C. Castro-Lionard, B. Laurent, G. Ntougou Assoumou, R. Gonthier, J. -C. Barthelemy, and B. Trombert, “Seven-year predictors of self-rated health and life satisfaction in the elderly: The proof study,” Journal Of Nutrition Health & Aging, vol. 18, no. 9, pp. 840–847, 2014.