- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 192503, 9 pages
Is There a Link between Mitochondrial Reserve Respiratory Capacity and Aging?
1Center for Healthy Aging, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Copenhagen, 2200 Copenhagen, Denmark
2Department of Genetics, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Received 1 February 2012; Accepted 11 April 2012
Academic Editor: Yousin Suh
Copyright © 2012 Claus Desler et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Claus Desler, and Lene Juel Rasmussen, “Mitochondria in Biology and Medicine,” Mitochondrion, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 472–476, 2012.
- Zhiyin Xun, Sulay Rivera-Sanchez, Sylvette Ayala-Pena, James Lim, Helen Budworth, Erin M. Skoda, Paul D. Robbins, Laura J. Niedernhofer, Peter Wipf, and Cynthia T. McMurray, “Targeting of XJB-5-131 to Mitochondria Suppresses Oxidative DNA Damage and Motor Decline in a Mouse Model of Huntington's Disease,” Cell Reports, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 1137–1142, 2012.
- Ana Manuel Dantas Machado, Claus Desler, Sisse Bøggild, Jesper A.B. Strickertsson, Lennart Friis-Hansen, Ceu Figueiredo, Raquel Seruca, and Lene Juel Rasmussen, “Helicobacter pylori infection affects mitochondrial function and DNA repair, thus, mediating genetic instability in gastric cells,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2013.
- Claus Desler, and Lene Juel Rasmussen, “Mitochondria in biology and medicine — 2012,” Mitochondrion, 2013.
- Garth L. Nicolson, and Michael E. Ash, “Lipid Replacement Therapy: A natural medicine approach to replacing damaged lipids in cellular membranes and organelles and restoring function,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Biomembranes, 2013.
- Reuben L. Smith, Richard de Boer, Stanley Brul, Yelena Budovskaya, and Hans van der Spek, “Premature and accelerated aging: HIV or HAART?,” Frontiers in Genetics, vol. 3, 2013.
- Shannon Rose, John Slattery, Rebecca Wynne, Marie Tippett, Oleksandra Pavliv, Stepan Melnyk, and S. Jill James, “Oxidative Stress Induces Mitochondrial Dysfunction in a Subset of Autism Ly mphoblastoid Cell Lines in a Well-Matched Case Control Cohort,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.