- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 243263, 9 pages
Transitions among Health States Using 12 Measures of Successful Aging in Men and Women: Results from the Cardiovascular Health Study
1Department of Psychiatry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
2Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Puget Sound VA Medical Center and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington, P.O. Box 356560, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
3Departments of Biostastitics and Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Received 5 March 2012; Revised 10 September 2012; Accepted 12 September 2012
Academic Editor: Loretta DiPietro
Copyright © 2012 Stephen Thielke and Paula Diehr. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- P. H. Diehr, S. M. Thielke, A. B. Newman, C. Hirsch, and R. Tracy, “Decline in Health for Older Adults: Five-Year Change in 13 Key Measures of Standardized Health,” The Journals of Gerontology Series A: Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences, 2013.
- Ross Wilkie, Abdelouahid Tajar, and John McBeth, “The Onset of Widespread Musculoskeletal Pain Is Associated with a Decrease in Healthy Ageing in Older People: A Population-Based Prospective Study,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 3, 2013.
- Helena M. Horder, Kerstin Frandin, and Maria E. H. Larsson, “Self-respect through ability to keep fear of frailty at a distance: Successful ageing from the perspective of community-dwelling older people,” International Journal Of Qualitative Studies On Health And Well-Being, vol. 8, 2013.
- Denise C. Cooper, Ranak B. Trivedi, Karin M. Nelson, Gayle E. Reiber, Evercita C. Eugenio, Kristine A. Beaver, and Vincent S. Fan, “Antidepressant Adherence and Risk of Coronary Artery Disease Hospitalizations in Older and Younger Adults with Depression,” Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 2014.
- Kirk I. Erickson, Regina L. Leckie, and Andrea M. Weinstein, “Physical activity, fitness, and gray matter volume,” Neurobiology of Aging, 2014.
- Andrew Kingston, Karen Davies, Joanna Collerton, Louise Robinson, Rachel Duncan, John Bond, Thomas B. L. Kirkwood, and Carol Jagger, “The Contribution of Diseases to the Male-Female Disability-Survival Paradox in the Very Old: Results from the Newcastle 85+Study,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014.