- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 306818, 30 pages
Flexibility Training and Functional Ability in Older Adults: A Systematic Review
1Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging, School of Kinesiology, The University of Western Ontario, London, 3M Centre 2225, ON, Canada N6A 3K7
2School of Physical Therapy, Elborn College 1400, The University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada N6A 3K7
Received 9 July 2012; Accepted 11 September 2012
Academic Editor: Wojtek Chodzko-Zajko
Copyright © 2012 Liza Stathokostas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [7 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Hugo Baptista de Oliveira Medeiros, Denise Sardinha Mendes Soares de Araujo, and Claudio Gil Soares de Araujo, “Age-related mobility loss is joint-specific: an analysis from 6,000 Flexitest results,” Age, vol. 35, no. 6, pp. 2399–2407, 2013.
- Liza Stathokostas, Matthew W. McDonald, Robert M. D. Little, and Donald H. Paterson, “Flexibility of Older Adults Aged 55–86 Years and the Influence of Physical Activity,” Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.
- Kristina L. Kendall, and Ciaran M. Fairman, “Women and exercise in aging,” Journal of Sport and Health Science, 2014.
- Giuseppe Battaglia, Marianna Bellafiore, Giovanni Caramazza, Antonio Paoli, Antonino Bianco, and Antonio Palma, “Changes in spinal range of motion after a flexibility training program in elderly women,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 9, pp. 653–660, 2014.
- Helio L. Furtado, Nelson Sousa, Roberto Simao, Fabio Dutra Pereira, and Jose Vilaca-Alves, “Physical exercise and functional fitness in independently living vs institutionalized elderly women: a comparison of 60-to 79-year-old city dwellers,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 10, pp. 795–801, 2015.
- José Luiz de Queiroz, Marcelo Magalhães Sales, Caio Victor Sousa, Samuel da Silva Aguiar, Ricardo Yukio Asano, José Fernando Vila Nova de Moraes, Brande Ranter Alves Soares, Rodrigo Vanerson Passos Neves, Milton Rocha de Moraes, and Herbert Gustavo Simões, “12 weeks of Brazilian jiu-jitsu training improves functional fitness in elderly men,” Sport Sciences for Health, 2016.
- G.E. Furtado, M. Uba-Chupel, H.M. Carvalho, N.R. Souza, J.P. Ferreira, and A.M. Teixeira, “Effects of a chair-yoga exercises on stress hormone levels, daily life activities, falls and physical fitness in institutionalized older adults,” Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice, 2016.