- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 324968, 9 pages
New Insights in the Amyloid-Beta Interaction with Mitochondria
Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, Hospital of Meixoeiro, University Hospital of Vigo, Meixoeiro s/n, 36215 Vigo, Spain
Received 28 November 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editor: Jan Vijg
Copyright © 2012 Carlos Spuch et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [10 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Waqar Ahmad, “Overlapped Metabolic and Therapeutic Links between Alzheimer and Diabetes,” Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 399–424, 2012.
- Atish Prakash, and Anil Kumar, “Role of Nuclear Receptor on Regulation of BDNF and Neuroinflammation in Hippocampus of β-Amyloid Animal Model of Alzheimer’s Disease,” Neurotoxicity Research, 2013.
- Ke Wang, Ling Zhu, Xue Zhu, Kai Zhang, Biao Huang, Jue Zhang, Yi Zhang, Lan Zhu, Bin Zhou, and Fanfan Zhou, “Protective Effect of Paeoniflorin on Aβ25–35-Induced SH-SY5Y Cell Injury by Preventing Mitochondrial Dysfunction,” Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 227–234, 2013.
- Muneesa Bashir, Arif A. Parray, Rafia A. Baba, Hina F. Bhat, Sehar S. Bhat, Umar Mushtaq, Khurshid I. Andrabi, and Firdous A. Khanday, “β-Amyloid-evoked Apoptotic Cell Death is Mediated Through MKK6–p66shc Pathway,” NeuroMolecular Medicine, 2013.
- A. Bobba, D. Valenti, A. Atlante, V. Corsetti, G. Amadoro, and R. Lassandro, “Mitochondrial respiratory chain Complexes I and IV are impaired by beta-amyloid via direct interaction and through Complex I-dependent ROS production, respectively,” Mitochondrion, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 298–311, 2013.
- Anchalee Prasansuklab, and Tewin Tencomnao, “Amyloidosis in Alzheimer’s Disease: The Toxicity of Amyloid Beta (Aβ), Mechanisms of Its Accumulation and Implications of Medicinal Plants for Therapy,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Malcolm A. Leissring, and Anthony J. Turner, “Regulation of distinct pools of amyloid beta-protein by multiple cellular proteases,” Alzheimers Research & Therapy, vol. 5, no. 4, 2013.
- I. K. Kim, S. Rhee, J. H. Pak, K. J. Lee, and S. B. Seo, “Protective effects of Peroxiredoxin 6 overexpression on amyloid beta-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells,” Free Radical Research, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 836–846, 2013.
- Liliana Lozano, Roberto Lara-Lemus, Edgar Zenteno, and Noé Alvarado-Vásquez, “The mitochondrial O-linked N-acetylglucosamine transferase (mOGT) in the diabetic patient could be the initial trigger to develop Alzheimer disease,” Experimental Gerontology, 2014.
- Dong-Mei Wang, San-Qiang Li, Wen-Lan Wu, Xiao-Ying Zhu, Yong Wang, and Hong-Ying Yuan, “Effects of Long-Term Treatment with Quercetin on Cognition and Mitochondrial Function in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer’s Disease,” Neurochemical Research, 2014.