- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 324968, 9 pages
New Insights in the Amyloid-Beta Interaction with Mitochondria
Department of Pathology and Neuropathology, Hospital of Meixoeiro, University Hospital of Vigo, Meixoeiro s/n, 36215 Vigo, Spain
Received 28 November 2011; Accepted 11 January 2012
Academic Editor: Jan Vijg
Copyright © 2012 Carlos Spuch et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Waqar Ahmad, “Overlapped Metabolic and Therapeutic Links between Alzheimer and Diabetes,” Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 399–424, 2012.
- Atish Prakash, and Anil Kumar, “Role of Nuclear Receptor on Regulation of BDNF and Neuroinflammation in Hippocampus of β-Amyloid Animal Model of Alzheimer’s Disease,” Neurotoxicity Research, 2013.
- Ke Wang, Ling Zhu, Xue Zhu, Kai Zhang, Biao Huang, Jue Zhang, Yi Zhang, Lan Zhu, Bin Zhou, and Fanfan Zhou, “Protective Effect of Paeoniflorin on Aβ25–35-Induced SH-SY5Y Cell Injury by Preventing Mitochondrial Dysfunction,” Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 227–234, 2013.
- Muneesa Bashir, Arif A. Parray, Rafia A. Baba, Hina F. Bhat, Sehar S. Bhat, Umar Mushtaq, Khurshid I. Andrabi, and Firdous A. Khanday, “β-Amyloid-evoked Apoptotic Cell Death is Mediated Through MKK6–p66shc Pathway,” NeuroMolecular Medicine, 2013.
- A. Bobba, D. Valenti, A. Atlante, V. Corsetti, G. Amadoro, and R. Lassandro, “Mitochondrial respiratory chain Complexes I and IV are impaired by beta-amyloid via direct interaction and through Complex I-dependent ROS production, respectively,” Mitochondrion, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 298–311, 2013.
- Anchalee Prasansuklab, and Tewin Tencomnao, “Amyloidosis in Alzheimer’s Disease: The Toxicity of Amyloid Beta (Aβ), Mechanisms of Its Accumulation and Implications of Medicinal Plants for Therapy,” Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, vol. 2013, pp. 1–10, 2013.
- Malcolm A. Leissring, and Anthony J. Turner, “Regulation of distinct pools of amyloid beta-protein by multiple cellular proteases,” Alzheimers Research & Therapy, vol. 5, no. 4, 2013.
- I. K. Kim, S. Rhee, J. H. Pak, K. J. Lee, and S. B. Seo, “Protective effects of Peroxiredoxin 6 overexpression on amyloid beta-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells,” Free Radical Research, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 836–846, 2013.
- Liliana Lozano, Roberto Lara-Lemus, Edgar Zenteno, and Noé Alvarado-Vásquez, “The mitochondrial O-linked N-acetylglucosamine transferase (mOGT) in the diabetic patient could be the initial trigger to develop Alzheimer disease,” Experimental Gerontology, 2014.
- Dong-Mei Wang, San-Qiang Li, Wen-Lan Wu, Xiao-Ying Zhu, Yong Wang, and Hong-Ying Yuan, “Effects of Long-Term Treatment with Quercetin on Cognition and Mitochondrial Function in a Mouse Model of Alzheimer’s Disease,” Neurochemical Research, 2014.
- Jaewook Kim, Yoosoo Yang, Seung Soo Song, Jung-Hyun Na, Kyoung Joon Oh, Cherlhyun Jeong, Yeon Gyu Yu, and Yeon-Kyun Shin, “Beta-Amyloid Oligomers Activate Apoptotic BAK Pore for Cytochrome c Release,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 107, no. 7, pp. 1601–1608, 2014.
- Jialei Li, Xiaoxia Ji, Jianping Zhang, Guofeng Shi, Xue Zhu, and Ke Wang, “Paeoniflorin attenuates A beta(25-35)-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cells by preventing mitochondrial dysfunction,” Folia Neuropathologica, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 285–290, 2014.
- Jose Enrique Yuste, Ernesto Tarragon, Carmen María Campuzano, and Francisco Ros-Bernal, “Implications of glial nitric oxide in neurodegenerative diseases,” Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, vol. 9, 2015.
- Yann Wan Yap, Roxana M. Llanos, Sharon La Fontaine, Michael A. Cater, Philip M. Beart, and Nam Sang Cheung, “Comparative Microarray Analysis Identifies Commonalities in Neuronal Injury: Evidence for Oxidative Stress, Dysfunction of Calcium Signalling, and Inhibition of Autophagy–Lysosomal Pathway,” Neurochemical Research, 2015.
- Stavros J. Baloyannis, Ioannis Mavroudis, Demetrios Mitilineos, Ioannis S. Baloyannis, and Vassiliki G. Costa, “The Hypothalamus in Alzheimer's Disease: A Golgi and Electron Microscope Study,” American Journal Of Alzheimers Disease And Other Dementias, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 478–487, 2015.
- E.-A. Kim, C. H. Cho, D. W. Kim, S. Y. Choi, J.-W. Huh, and S.-W. Cho, “Antioxidative effects of ethyl 2-(3-(benzo[d]thiazol-2-yl)ureido)acetate against amyloid β-induced oxidative cell death via NF-κB, GSK-3β and β-catenin signaling pathways in cultured cortical neurons,” Free Radical Research, pp. 1–11, 2015.
- Alexei E. Medvedev, Olga A. Buneeva, Arthur T. Kopylov, Oksana V. Gnedenko, Marina V. Medvedeva, Sergey A. Kozin, Alexis S. Ivanov, Victor G. Zgoda, and Alexander A. Makarov, “The Effects of Endogenous Non-Peptide Molecule Isatin and Hydrogen Peroxide on Proteomic Profiling of Rat Brain Amyloid-beta Binding Proteins: Relevan,” International Journal Of Molecular Sciences, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 476–495, 2015.