- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 384875, 14 pages
Use of Physical and Intellectual Activities and Socialization in the Management of Cognitive Decline of Aging and in Dementia: A Review
Department of Medicine (Geriatrics) and Centre for Neuroscience, Queen’s University, Kingston, ON, Canada K7L 5A2
Received 7 July 2012; Accepted 31 October 2012
Academic Editor: Richard F. Gillum
Copyright © 2012 Myuri Ruthirakuhan et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Donna M. Fick, Brittney DiMeglio, Jane A. McDowell, and Jeanne Mathis-Halpin, “Do You Know Your Patient? Knowing Individuals with Dementia Combined with Evidence-Based Care Promotes Function and Satisfaction in Hospitalized Older Adults,” Journal of Gerontological Nursing, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 2–4, 2013.
- Gjumrakch Aliev, Ghulam Md Ashraf, Yury G. Kaminsky, Ishfaq Ahmed Sheikh, Sergey K. Sudakov, Nikolay N. Yakhno, Valery V. Benberin, and Sergey O. Bachurin, “Implication of the Nutritional and Nonnutritional Factors in the Context of Preservation of Cognitive Performance in Patients With Dementia/Depression and Alzheimer Disease,” American Journal of Alzheimers Disease and Other Dementias, vol. 28, no. 7, pp. 660–670, 2013.
- Yi-Chen Chiu, Ann M. Kolanowski, Chien-Ying Huang, Li-Jung Lin, Ting-Huan Chang, Kuang-Hung Hsu, Chaur-Jong Flu, and Ying-Jen Chen, “Leisure-time physical activity and neuropsychiatric symptoms of community-dwelling persons with cognitive impairment,” Geriatric Nursing, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 345–350, 2014.
- Nicolas Farina, Naji Tabet, and Jennifer Rusted, “Habitual physical activity as a factor in sustained executive function in Alzheimer-type dementia: A cohort study,” Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 2014.
- Mary Yannakoulia, Meropi Kontogianni, and Nikolaos Scarmeas, “Cognitive health and Mediterranean: Just diet or lifestyle pattern?,” Ageing Research Reviews, 2014.
- Thais Cristina Galdino De Oliveira, Fernanda Cabral Soares, Liliane Dias E. Dias De Macedo, Domingos Luiz Wanderley Picanco Diniz, Natali Valim Oliver Bento-Torres, and Cristovam Wanderley Picanco-Diniz, “Beneficial effects of multisensory and cognitive stimulation on age-related cognitive decline in long-term-care institutions,” Clinical Interventions in Aging, vol. 9, pp. 309–321, 2014.