- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 768304, 14 pages
Molecular Mechanisms for Age-Associated Mitochondrial Deficiency in Skeletal Muscle
1Graduate School of Information Science and Technology, The University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-8656, Japan
2Research Center for Physical Fitness, Sports and Health, Toyohashi University of Technology, 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tenpaku-cho, Toyohashi 441-8580, Japan
Received 7 December 2011; Accepted 23 January 2012
Academic Editor: Jan Vijg
Copyright © 2012 Akira Wagatsuma and Kunihiro Sakuma. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- E. Gielen, S. Verschueren, T. W. O'Neill, S. R. Pye, M. D. L. O'Connell, D. M. Lee, R. Ravindrarajah, F. Claessens, M. Laurent, K. Milisen, J. Tournoy, M. Dejaeger, F. C. Wu, D. Vanderschueren, and S. Boonen, “Musculoskeletal Frailty: A Geriatric Syndrome at the Core of Fracture Occur rence in Older Age,” Calcified Tissue International, vol. 91, no. 3, pp. 161–177, 2012.
- Marco Brotto, and Eduardo L. Abreu, “Sarcopenia: Pharmacology of Today and Tomorrow,” Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, vol. 343, no. 3, pp. 540–546, 2012.
- Nana Chung, Thorsten Kreutz, Thorsten Schiffer, David Opitz, Robin Hermann, Sebastian Gehlert, Wilhelm Bloch, Klara Brixius, and Christian Brinkmann, “Training-induced alterations of skeletal muscle mitochondrial biogenesis proteins in non-insulin-dependent type 2 diabetic men,” Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, vol. 90, no. 12, pp. 1634–1641, 2012.
- Samantha Gardner, Magdalena Anguiano, and Peter Rotwein, “Defining Akt actions in muscle differentiation,” American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology, vol. 303, no. 12, pp. C1292–C1300, 2012.
- A. J. Krentz, A. Viljoen, and A. Sinclair, “Insulin resistance: a risk marker for disease and disability in the older person,” Diabetic Medicine, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 535–548, 2013.