- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 806198, 8 pages
Aging Adults and Seasonal Influenza: Does the Vitamin D Status (H)Arm the Body?
1Department of Internal Medicine, Rehabilitation and Geriatrics, Medical School and University Hospitals of Geneva, Hospital of Trois-Chêne, Chemin du Pont-Bochet 3, CH-1226 Thônex-Geneva, Switzerland
2Translational Medicine Research Group, Cranfield Health, Cranfield University, Vincent Building, College Road, Cranfield MK430AL, UK
Received 23 June 2011; Accepted 23 August 2011
Academic Editor: Monika Neuhäuser-Berthold
Copyright © 2012 Pierre Olivier Lang and Dimitrios Samaras. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [13 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- P.O. Lang, S. Govind, and R. Aspinall, “Immunosenescence,” NPG Neurologie - Psychiatrie - Geriatrie, vol. 12, no. 70, pp. 171–181, 2012.
- P.-O. Lang, S. Govind, and R. Aspinall, “Effectiveness of influenza vaccines in the elderly,” NPG Neurologie - Psychiatrie - Geriatrie, vol. 12, no. 69, pp. 121–130, 2012.
- Pierre Olivier Lang, and Richard Aspinall, “Immunosenescence and herd immunity: with an ever-increasing aging population do we need to rethink vaccine schedules?,” Expert Review Of Vaccines, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 167–176, 2012.
- P. O. Lang, N. Samaras, D. Samaras, and R. Aspinall, “How important is vitamin D in preventing infections?,” Osteoporosis International, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 1537–1553, 2012.
- Pierre Olivier Lang, Sheila Govind, and Richard Aspinall, “Reversing T cell immunosenescence: why, who, and how,” Age, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 609–620, 2013.
- P.-O. Lang, “The immunomodulating role of Vitamin D: What is its place in the protection against infections?,” NPG Neurologie - Psychiatrie - Geriatrie, vol. 13, no. 74, pp. 71–78, 2013.
- P.-O. Lang, “Vitamin D supplementation: Why? How? For whom? And with what?,” NPG Neurologie - Psychiatrie - Geriatrie, vol. 13, no. 74, pp. 63–70, 2013.
- P.-O. Lang, “Vitamin D: Effects of its deficit and its supplementation on the incidence of infections,” NPG Neurologie - Psychiatrie - Geriatrie, vol. 13, no. 74, pp. 79–88, 2013.
- P.-O. Lang, “La vitamine D fait-elle mieux que les vaccins ?,” NPG Neurologie - Psychiatrie - Gériatrie, vol. 13, no. 74, pp. 61–62, 2013.
- P.O. Lang, D. Samaras, and N. Samaras, “Does vitamin D deficiency contribute to further impinge the state of vulnerability to infections of aging and aged adults?,” European Geriatric Medicine, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 59–65, 2013.
- Pierre-Olivier Lang, and Richard Aspinall, “Vaccination in the Elderly: What Can Be Recommended?,” Drugs & Aging, vol. 31, no. 8, pp. 581–599, 2014.
- Farahati Jamshid, Nagarajah James, Gilman Elena, Mahjoob Soha, Moussavi Zohreh, Rosenbaum-Krumme Sandra, Bockisch Andreas, and Zakavi S. Rasoul, “Ethnicity, Clothing Style And Body Mass Index Are Significant Predictors Of Vitamin D Insufficiency In Germany,” Endocrine Practice, vol. 1, no. -1, pp. 1–18, 2014.
- B. Shojadoost, S. Behboudi, A.I. Villanueva, J.T. Brisbin, A.A. Ashkar, and S. Sharif, “Vitamin D3 modulates the function of chicken macrophages,” Research in Veterinary Science, 2015.