- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 948981, 14 pages
Potential Moderators of Physical Activity on Brain Health
1Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Sennott Square 3417, 210 S. Bouquet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
2Center for the Neural Basis of Cognition, Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Sennott Square 3417, 210 S. Bouquet Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Received 29 June 2012; Revised 25 October 2012; Accepted 8 November 2012
Academic Editor: Louis Bherer
Copyright © 2012 Regina L. Leckie et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [5 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ondine van de Rest, Nikita L. van der Zwaluw, Michael Tieland, Jos J. Adam, Gert Jan Hiddink, Luc J.C. van Loon, and Lisette C.P.G.M. de Groot, “Effect of resistance-type exercise training with or without protein supplementation on cognitive functioning in frail and pre-frail elderly: Secondary analysis of a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial,” Mechanisms of Ageing and Development, 2013.
- Kirk I. Erickson, “Therapeutic Effects of Exercise on Cognitive Function,” Journal of The American Geriatrics Society, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 2038–2039, 2013.
- Scott M. Hayes, Jasmeet P. Hayes, Mieke Verfaellie, and Margaret Cadden, “A review of cardiorespiratory fitness-related neuroplasticity in the aging brain,” Frontiers In Aging Neuroscience, vol. 5, 2013.
- Mayara Chaves Faria, Gisele Santos Gonçalves, Natália Pessoa Rocha, Edgar Nunes Moraes, Maria Aparecida Bicalho, Marco Túlio Gualberto Cintra, Jonas Jardim de Paula, Luiz Felipe José Ravic de Miranda, Alessandro Clayton de Sousa Ferreira, Antônio Lúcio Teixeira, Karina Braga Gomes, Maria das Graças Carvalho, and Lirlândia P. Sousa, “Increased plasma levels OF BDNF and inflammatory markers in Alzheimer’s disease,” Journal of Psychiatric Research, 2014.
- Kirk I. Erickson, Lauren Oberlin, Swathi Gujral, Regina L. Leckie, Andrea M. Weinstein, Jennifer C. Hodzic, Asmaa Dabbagh, Patrick R. Whitmoyer, and Mariegold E. Wollam, “Exercise as a Way of Capitalizing on Neuroplasticity in Late Adulthood,” Topics in Geriatric Rehabilitation, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 8–14, 2014.