- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 471026, 4 pages
Age Differences in Long Term Outcomes of Coronary Patients Treated with Drug Eluting Stents at a Tertiary Medical Center
Midwest Cardiovascular Research Foundation, 1236 E Rusholme, Suite 300, Davenport, IA 52803, USA
Received 15 April 2013; Revised 21 May 2013; Accepted 21 May 2013
Academic Editor: F. Richard Ferraro
Copyright © 2013 Nicolas W. Shammas et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Vasaiwala, D. E. Forman, and L. Mauri, “Drug-eluting stents in the elderly,” Current Treatment Options in Cardiovascular Medicine, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 76–83, 2010.
- A. R. Assali, A. Moustapha, S. Sdringola et al., “The dilemma of success: percutaneous coronary interventions in patients ≥ 75 years of age—successful but associated with higher vascular complications and cardiac mortality,” Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 195–199, 2003.
- D. N. Feldman, C. L. Gade, A. J. Slotwiner et al., “Comparison of outcomes of percutaneous coronary interventions in patients of three age groups (<60, 60 to 80, and >80 Years) (from the New York State Angioplasty Registry),” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 98, no. 10, pp. 1334–1339, 2006.
- J. R. Costa Jr., A. Sousa, A. C. Moreira et al., “Drug-eluting stents in the elderly: long-term (> one year) clinical outcomes of octogenarians in the DESIRE (Drug-Eluting Stents In the REal world) registry,” Journal of Invasive Cardiology, vol. 20, no. 8, pp. 404–410, 2008.
- B. Xu, J. J. Li, Y. J. Yang et al., “Age-based clinical and angiographic outcomes after sirolimus-eluting stent implantation in patients with coronary artery disease,” Chinese Medical Journal (English Edition), vol. 120, no. 6, pp. 447–451, 2007.
- S. Rathore, J. Rhys, M. B. Buchalter, N. O. Gerning, P. H. Groves, and W. Penny, “Impact of age on the outcomes of women following percutaneous coronary intervention in the bare-metal stent era,” Journal of Interventional Cardiology, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 245–249, 2006.
- K. R. Bainey, F. Selzer, H. A. Cohen et al., “Comparison of three age groups regarding safety and efficacy of drug-eluting stents (from the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Dynamic Registry),” American Journal of Cardiology, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 195–201, 2012.
- “Food and Drug Administration. Circulatory System Devices Panel Meeting,” http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/cdrh06.html#circulatory.