- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Annual Issues ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 657508, 8 pages
A Review of the Effects of Physical Activity and Exercise on Cognitive and Brain Functions in Older Adults
1PERFORM Centre, Concordia University, Montreal, QC, Canada
2Research Center, Institut Universitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal, Montreal, QC, Canada
3Department of Psychology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
4Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
5Brain Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Received 8 May 2013; Accepted 31 July 2013
Academic Editor: Karl Rosengren
Copyright © 2013 Louis Bherer et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [2 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Benjamin Zimmerman, Bradley P. Sutton, Kathy A. Low, Mark A. Fletcher, Chin Hong Tan, Nils Schneider-Garces, Yanfen Li, Cheng Ouyang, Edward L. Maclin, Gabriele Gratton, and Monica Fabiani, “Cardiorespiratory fitness mediates the effects of aging on cerebral blood flow,” Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, vol. 6, 2014.
- Daniel H. Daneshvar, Victor E. Alvarez, and Thor D. Stein, “The neuropathology of sport,” Acta Neuropathologica, vol. 127, no. 1, pp. 29–51, 2014.