- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Annual Issues
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Aging Research
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 861893, 10 pages
Physical Activity Improves Verbal and Spatial Memory in Older Adults with Probable Mild Cognitive Impairment: A 6-Month Randomized Controlled Trial
1Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia (UBC), 2136 West Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4, Canada
2Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia (UBC), 212-2177 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z3, Canada
3Alzheimer Clinic, G37 Purdy Pavilion, UBC Hospital, University of British Columbia (UBC), 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 2B5, Canada
4Brain Research Centre, University of British Columbia (UBC), 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 2B5, Canada
5Department of Psychology, The University of Iowa, E11 Seashore Hall, Iowa City, IA 52242-1409, USA
Received 1 November 2012; Accepted 18 January 2013
Academic Editor: Louis Bherer
Copyright © 2013 Lindsay S. Nagamatsu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [3 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Patrick J. Smith, Guy G. Potter, Molly M. McLaren, and James A. Blumenthal, “Impact of Aerobic Exercise on Neurobehavioral Outcomes,” Mental Health and Physical Activity, 2013.
- Harris A. Eyre, and Bernhard T. Baune, “Assessing for unique immunomodulatory and neuroplastic profiles of physical activity subtypes: a focus on psychiatric disorders,” Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 2013.
- Louis Bherer, Kirk I. Erickson, and Teresa Liu-Ambrose, “A Review of the Effects of Physical Activity and Exercise on Cognitive and Brain Functions in Older Adults,” Journal of Aging Research, vol. 2013, pp. 1–8, 2013.