- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Botany
Volume 2010 (2010), Article ID 862516, 18 pages
Genome Size Dynamics and Evolution in Monocots
1Jodrell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3AD, UK
2Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
3School of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Queen Mary University of London, E1 4NS, UK
Received 7 January 2010; Accepted 8 March 2010
Academic Editor: Johann Greilhuber
Copyright © 2010 Ilia J. Leitch et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [17 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Jaume Pellicer, Michael F. Fay, and Ilia J. Leitch, “The largest eukaryotic genome of them all?,” Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society, vol. 164, no. 1, pp. 10–15, 2010.
- Johann Greilhuber, Jaroslav Doležel, Ilia J. Leitch, João Loureiro, and Jan Suda, “Genome Size,” Journal of Botany, vol. 2010, pp. 1–4, 2010.
- J. S. Pat Heslop-Harrison, and Trude Schwarzacher, “Organisation of the plant genome in chromosomes,” The Plant Journal, vol. 66, no. 1, pp. 18–33, 2011.
- M. D. Bennett, and I. J. Leitch, “Nuclear DNA amounts in angiosperms: targets, trends and tomorrow,” Annals of Botany, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 467–590, 2011.
- Laura J. Kelly, and Ilia J. Leitch, “Exploring giant plant genomes with next-generation sequencing technology,” Chromosome Research, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 939–953, 2011.
- Maxim V. Kapralov, and Dmitry A. Filatov, “Does Large Genome Size Limit Speciation in Endemic Island Floras?,” Journal of Botany, vol. 2011, pp. 1–6, 2011.
- Fernanda Campanharo Favoreto, Carlos Roberto Carvalho, Andreia Barcelos Passos Lima, Adesio Ferreira, and Wellington Ronildo Clarindo, “Genome size and base composition of Bromeliaceae species assessed by flow cytometry,” Plant Systematics And Evolution, vol. 298, no. 6, pp. 1185–1193, 2012.
- Chengke Bai, William S. Alverson, Aaron Follansbee, and Donald M. Waller, “New reports of nuclear DNA content for 407 vascular plant taxa from the United States,” Annals Of Botany, vol. 110, no. 8, pp. 1623–1629, 2012.
- Laura J. Kelly, Andrew R. Leitch, Michael F. Fay, Simon Renny-Byfield, Jaume Pellicer, Jirí Macas, and Ilia J. Leitch, “Why size really matters when sequencing plant genomes,” Plant Ecology & Diversity, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 415–425, 2012.
- Monika Bozek, Andrew R. Leitch, Ilia J. Leitch, Lenka Záveská Drábková, and Elzbieta Kuta, “ Chromosome and genome size variation in Luzula (Juncaceae), a genus with holocentric chromosomes ,” Botanical Journal of the Linnean Society, vol. 170, no. 4, pp. 529–541, 2012.
- Inelia Escobar, Eduardo Ruiz, and Carlos Baeza, “Karyotypic studies in species of Gilliesieae Lindl. (Gilliesioideae-Alliaceae) from central Chile,” Gayana Botanica, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 240–250, 2012.
- Guilherme Guimaraes, Luisa Cardoso, Helena Oliveira, Conceicao Santos, Patricia Duarte, and Mariana Sottomayor, “Cytogenetic characterization and genome size of the medicinal plant Catharanthus roseus (L.) G. Don,” Aob Plants, 2012.
- Joan Vallès, Miguel Ángel Canela, Sònia Garcia, Oriane Hidalgo, Jaume Pellicer, Ismael Sánchez-Jiménez, Sonja Siljak-Yakovlev, Daniel Vitales, and Teresa Garnatje, “Genome size variation and evolution in the family Asteraceae,” Caryologia, pp. 1–15, 2013.
- Jaume Pellicer, Laura J. Kelly, Ilia J. Leitch, Wendy B. Zomlefer, and Michael F. Fay, “A universe of dwarfs and giants: genome size and chromosome evolution in the monocot family Melanthiaceae,” New Phytologist, 2013.
- Linlin Zhang, Bo Cao, and Chengke Bai, “New reports of nuclear DNA content for 66 traditional Chinese medicinal plant taxa in China,” Caryologia, vol. 66, no. 4, pp. 375–383, 2013.
- Chengke Bai, Bo Cao, Guishuang Li, and Mingce Mao, “Ecological effects on phenotypic, cytological and biochemical diversity of Cornus officinalis germplasm resources in China and USA,” Biochemical Systematics and Ecology, vol. 55, pp. 241–248, 2014.
- Animesh Kumar Datta, Aninda Mandal, Debadrito Das, Sudha Gupta, Aditi Saha, Rita Paul, Sonali Sengupta, Sandip Halder, and Subikash Biswas, “Polyploidy in Angiosperms: Genetic Insight to the Phenomenon,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences, 2015.