- About this Journal
- Abstracting and Indexing
- Aims and Scope
- Article Processing Charges
- Articles in Press
- Author Guidelines
- Bibliographic Information
- Citations to this Journal
- Contact Information
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Workflow
- Free eTOC Alerts
- Publication Ethics
- Reviewers Acknowledgment
- Submit a Manuscript
- Subscription Information
- Table of Contents
Journal of Botany
Volume 2011 (2011), Article ID 353102, 7 pages
Biplot Approach for Identification of Heterotic Crosses in Linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.)
Division of Genetics and Plant Breeding, National Botanical Research Institute, Lucknow 226001, India
Received 19 July 2011; Revised 9 September 2011; Accepted 15 September 2011
Academic Editor: Zed Rengel
Copyright © 2011 Anu Rastogi et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. B. Damania, “Near-eastern crop diversity and its global migration,” in The Origin of Agriculture and Crop Domestication. Proceedings of the Harlan Symposium (ICARDA '97), A. B. Damania, J. Valkoun, G. Willcox, and C. O. Qualset, Eds., pp. 51–64, Aleppo, Syria, May 1997.
- S. Sood, N. R. Kalia, S. Bhateria, and S. Kumar, “Detection of genetic components of variation for some biometrical traits in Linum usitatissimum L. in sub-mountain Himalayan region,” Euphytica, vol. 155, no. 1-2, pp. 107–115, 2007.
- M. Berti, S. Fischer, R. Wilckens, and F. Hevia, “Flaxseed response to N, P, and K fertilization in South Central Chile,” Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 145–153, 2009.
- M. Berti, S. Fischer, R. Wilckens, F. Hevia, and B. Johnson, “Adaptation and genotype × environment interaction of flaxseed (Linum usitatissimum L.) genotypes in south central Chile,” Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 345–356, 2010.
- M. P. Chauhan, S. Singh, and A. K. Singh, “Post Harvest uses of Linseed,” Journal of Human Ecology, vol. 28, pp. 217–219, 2009.
- M. Rai, H. Singh, and D. M. Hegde, Oilseeds and Oils research and Development Needs, Indian Society of Oilseeds Research, Directorate of Oilseeds Research, Hyderabad, India, 2002.
- F. López Anido, V. Cravero, P. Asprelli, T. Firpo, S. M. García, and E. Cointry, “Heterotic patterns in hybrids involving cultivar-groups of summer squash, Cucurbita pepo L,” Euphytica, vol. 135, no. 3, pp. 355–360, 2004.
- A. R. Hallauer and J. B. Miranda, Quantitative Genetics in Maize Breeding, Iowa State University Press, Ames, Iowa, USA, 1981.
- G. F. Sprague and C. A. Tatum, “General vs specific combining ability single cross of corn,” Journal of American Society of Agronomists, vol. 34, pp. 923–932, 1942.
- B. Griffing, “Concept of general and specific combining ability in relation to diallel crossing system,” Australian Journal of Biological Sciences, vol. 9, pp. 463–493, 1956.
- R. K. Yadav and S. B. L. Srivastava, “Combining ability analysis over environments in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.),” Crop Research, vol. 23, pp. 277–282, 2002.
- M. A. El-Komsan, A. M. El-Marakby, A. H. El-Sweify, and A. M. Tolba, “Combining ability analysis foe seed and straw yields and their components in a diallel cross of flax,” Arab Universities Journal of Agriculture Sciences, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 547–562, 2003.
- A. Topal, C. Aydin, N. Akgün, and M. Babaoglu, “Diallel cross analysis in durum wheat (Triticum durum Desf.): identification of best parents for some kernel physical features,” Field Crops Research, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2004.
- S. K. Swarnakar, R. L. Srivastava, P. Singh, Y. P. Malik, and A. L. Yadav, “Studies on combinig ability and heterosis in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.),” Farm Science Journal, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 4–6, 2005.
- H. Goral, M. Jasienski, and T. Zając, “Combining abilities of several varieties of linseed with respect to yield components,” Biuletyn Instytutu Hodowli Aklimatyzacji Roślin, vol. 240/241, pp. 237–242, 2006.
- L. Bertoia, C. López, and R. Burak, “Biplot analysis of forage combining ability in maize landraces,” Crop Science, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 1346–1353, 2006.
- W. Yan and L. A. Hunt, “Biplot analysis of diallel data,” Crop Science, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 21–30, 2002.
- N. F. Jensen, “A diallel selective mating system for cereal breeding,” Crop Science, vol. 10, pp. 629–635, 1970.
- O. P. Verma and H. K. Srivastava, “Genetic component and combining ability analyses in relation to heterosis for yield and associated traits using three diverse rice-growing ecosystems,” Field Crops Research, vol. 88, no. 2-3, pp. 91–102, 2004.
- C. Mahto and M. H. Rahman, “Heterosis for yield and yield components in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.),” Journal of Research, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 189–191, 2001.
- P. V. Satyanarayana, M. S. S. Reddy, I. Kumar, and J. Madhuri, “Combining ability studies on yield and yield components in rice,” Oryza, vol. 37, pp. 22–25, 2000.
- M. Rahman, A. K. Patwary, and A. J. Miah, “Combining ability in rice,” Indian Journal of Agriculture Sciences, vol. 15, pp. 543–546, 1981.
- J. A. Patel and Y. K. Gup, “Genetic analysis in linseed under moisture stress condition,” Madras Agricultural Journal, vol. 84, pp. 186–188, 1997.
- R. D. Ratnaparkhi, N. N. Kolte, and P. W. Khorgade, “Line x tester analysis for combining ability in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.),” PKV Research Journal, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 3–6, 1998.
- S. Bhateria, S. P. Sood, and A. Pathania, “Genetic analysis of quantitative traits across environments in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.),” Euphytica, vol. 150, no. 1-2, pp. 185–194, 2006.
- V. Singh, M. P. Chauhan, K. Kumar, and R. B. Singh, “Triple test cross analysis for yield and yield contributing traits in linseed (Linum usitatissimum L.),” Research on Crops, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 241–242, 2006.
- J. A. Patel, Y. K. Gupta, S. B. Patel, and J. N. Patel, “Combining ability analysis over environments in linseed,” Madras Agricultural Journal, vol. 84, no. 4, pp. 188–191, 1997.