- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Botany
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 217037, 26 pages
Reactive Oxygen Species, Oxidative Damage, and Antioxidative Defense Mechanism in Plants under Stressful Conditions
1Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi 221005, India
2Crop Development Centre, Department of Plant Sciences, College of Agriculture and Bioresources, University of Saskatchewan, 51 Campus Drive, Saskatoon SK, SK, Canada S7N 5A8
3School of Plant Sciences, The University of Arizona, Forbes Building, Room 303, P.O. Box 210036, Tucson, AZ 85721-0036, USA
Received 6 August 2011; Revised 12 February 2012; Accepted 12 February 2012
Academic Editor: Andrea Polle
Copyright © 2012 Pallavi Sharma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [76 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Samantha Pyngrope, Kumari Bhoomika, and R. S. Dubey, “Reactive oxygen species, ascorbate–glutathione pool, and enzymes of their metabolism in drought-sensitive and tolerant indica rice (Oryza sativa L.) seedlings subjected to progressing levels of water deficit,” Protoplasma, vol. 250, no. 2, pp. 585–600, 2012.
- Pallavi Mishra, and R. S. Dubey, “Excess nickel modulates activities of carbohydrate metabolizing enzymes and induces accumulation of sugars by upregulating acid invertase and sucrose synthase in rice seedlings,” BioMetals, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 97–111, 2012.
- Lijuan Zhao, Bo Peng, Jose A. Hernandez-Viezcas, Cyren Rico, Youping Sun, Jose R. Peralta-Videa, Xiaolei Tang, Genhua Niu, Lixin Jin, Armando Varela-Ramirez, Jian-ying Zhang, and Jorge L. Gardea-Torresdey, “ Stress Response and Tolerance of Zea mays to CeO 2 Nanoparticles: Cross Talk among H 2 O 2 , Heat Shock Protein, and Lipid Peroxidation ,” ACS Nano, vol. 6, no. 11, pp. 9615–9622, 2012.
- Hirut Kebede, Hamed K. Abbas, Daniel K. Fisher, and Nacer Bellaloui, “Relationship between Aflatoxin Contamination and Physiological Responses of Corn Plants under Drought and Heat Stress,” Toxins, vol. 4, no. 11, pp. 1385–1403, 2012.
- Priti Sharma, Sudhir K. Goel, Vipin Bihari, Sudhir K. Agarwal, Vipin Verma, Chandrasekharan N. Kesavachandran, Balram S. Pangtey, Neeraj Mathur, Kunwar Pal Singh, and Mithlesh Srivastava, “Groundwater Contaminated with Hexavalent Chromium [Cr (VI)]: A Health Survey and Clinical Examination of Community Inhabitants (Kanpur, India),” PLoS ONE, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Samantha Pyngrope, Kumari Bhoomika, and R. S. Dubey, “Oxidative stress, protein carbonylation, proteolysis and antioxidative defense system as a model for depicting water deficit tolerance in Indica rice seedlings,” Plant Growth Regulation, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 149–165, 2012.
- Lili Song, Hangjun Chen, Haiyan Gao, Xiangjun Fang, Honglei Mu, Ya Yuan, Qian Yang, and Yueming Jiang, “Combined modified atmosphere packaging and low temperature storage delay lignification and improve the defense response of minimally processed water bamboo shoot,” Chemistry Central Journal, vol. 7, 2013.
- Nuran Ercal, “Release of N-acetylcysteine and N-acetylcysteine Amide From Contact Lenses,” Eye & Contact Lens-Science and Clinical Practice, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 335–340, 2013.
- Vc Van Chung Mai, Waldemar Bednarski, Beata Borowiak-Sobkowiak, Barbara Wilkaniec, Slawomir Samardakiewicz, and Iwona Morkunas, “Oxidative stress in pea seedling leaves in response to Acyrthosiphon pisum infestation,” Phytochemistry, vol. 93, pp. 49–62, 2013.
- Poonam Pandey, Rajneesh Kumar Srivastava, and R. S. Dubey, “Water deficit and aluminum tolerance are associated with a high antioxidative enzyme capacity in Indica rice seedlings,” Protoplasma, 2013.
- Pedro Novillo, Alejandra Salvador, Empar Llorca, Isabel Hernando, and Cristina Besada, “Effect of CO2 deastringency treatment on flesh disorders induced by mechanical damage in persimmon. Biochemical and microstructural studies,” Food Chemistry, 2013.
- Alka Shankar, Amarjeet Singh, Poonam Kanwar, Ashish Kumar Srivastava, Amita Pandey, Penna Suprasanna, Sanjay Kapoor, and Girdhar K. Pandey, “Gene Expression Analysis of Rice Seedling under Potassium Deprivation Reveals Major Changes in Metabolism and Signaling Components,” Plos One, vol. 8, no. 7, 2013.
- I. Hussain, M. Arslan Ashraf, F. Anwar, R. Rasheed, M. Niaz, and A. Wahid, “ Biochemical characterization of maize ( Zea mays L.) for salt tolerance ,” Plant Biosystems - An International Journal Dealing with all Aspects of Plant Biology, pp. 1–11, 2013.
- Teresa Donze, Nathan A. Palmer, Jeff Bradshaw, Tiffany Heng-Moss, Paul Twigg, Christian M. Tobias, Mark Lagrimini, and Gautam Sarath, “Towards uncovering the roles of switchgrass peroxidases in plant processes,” Frontiers in Plant Science, vol. 4, 2013.
- Cyren M. Rico, Jie Hong, Maria Isabel Morales, Lijuan Zhao, Ana Cecilia Barrios, Jian-Ying Zhang, Jose R. Peralta-Videa, and Jorge L. Gardea-Torresdey, “Effect of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles on Rice: A Study Involving the Antioxidant Defense System and In Vivo Fluorescence Imaging,” Environmental Science & Technology, pp. 130517160648000, 2013.
- Fernanda Freitas Caregnato, Rafael Calixto Bortolin, Armando Molina Divan Junior, and José Cláudio Fonseca Moreira, “Exposure to elevated ozone levels differentially affects the antioxidant capacity and the redox homeostasis of two subtropical Phaseolus vulgaris L. varieties,” Chemosphere, 2013.
- Kumari Bhoomika, Samantha Pyngrope, and R. S. Dubey, “Differential responses of antioxidant enzymes to aluminum toxicity in two rice (Oryza sativa L.) cultivars with marked presence and elevated activity of Fe SOD and enhanced activities of Mn SOD and catalase in aluminum tolerant cultivar,” Plant Growth Regulation, 2013.
- Hee-Sun Kook, Sung-Hee Park, Ye-Jin Jang, Gun-Woong Lee, Jae Su Kim, Hyung Moo Kim, Byung-Taek Oh, Jong-Chan Chae, and Kui-Jae Lee, “Blue LED (light-emitting diodes)-mediated growth promotion and control of Botrytis disease in lettuce,” Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica Section B-Soil And Plant Science, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 271–277, 2013.
- Gabriela Alves Leão, Juraci Alves de Oliveira, Rafaella Teles Arantes Felipe, Fernanda Santos Farnese, and Grasielle Soares Gusman, “ Anthocyanins, thiols, and antioxidant scavenging enzymes are involved in Lemna gibba tolerance to arsenic ,” Journal of Plant Interactions, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 143–151, 2013.
- P. Boccia, C. Meconi, M. Mecozzi, and E. Sturchio, “ Molecular Modifications Induced by Inorganic Arsenic in Vicia faba Investigated by FTIR, FTNIR Spectroscopy and Genotoxicity Testing ,” Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A, vol. 76, no. 4-5, pp. 281–290, 2013.
- Justyna Niedziela, and Tamara Chadzinikolau, “Separate and combined responses to water deficit and UV-B radiation,” Plant Science, vol. 213, pp. 98–105, 2013.
- C. Mandal, N. Ghosh, N. Dey, and M. K. Adak, “ Effects of putrescine on oxidative stress induced by hydrogen peroxide in Salvinia natans L. ,” Journal of Plant Interactions, pp. 1–28, 2013.
- Neelam Ara, Korakot Nakkanong, Wenhui Lv, Jinghua Yang, Zhongyuan Hu, and Mingfang Zhang, “Antioxidant Enzymatic Activities and Gene Expression Associated with Heat Tolerance in the Stems and Roots of Two Cucurbit Species ("Cucurbita maxima" and "Cucurbita moschata") and Their Interspecific Inbred Line "Maxchata",” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 24008–24028, 2013.
- B. Sid, J. Verrax, and P. B. Calderon, “Role of oxidative stress in the pathogenesis of alcohol-induced liver disease,” Free Radical Research, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 894–904, 2013.
- Zengling Ma, and Kunshan Gao, “Carbon limitation enhances CO2 concentrating mechanism but reduces trichome size in Arthrospira platensis (cyanobacterium),” Journal of Applied Phycology, 2013.
- Tamara Jakovljević, Marina Cvjetko Bubalo, Sanja Orlović, Marija Sedak, Nina Bilandžić, Iva Brozinčević, and Ivana Radojčić Redovniković, “Adaptive response of poplar (Populus nigra L.) after prolonged Cd exposure period,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 3792–3802, 2013.
- Rafael Calixto Bortolin, Fernanda Freitas Caregnato, Armando Molina Divan, Flávio Henrique Reginatto, Daniel Pens Gelain, and José Cláudio Fonseca Moreira, “Effects of chronic elevated ozone concentration on the redox state and fruit yield of red pepper plant Capsicum baccatum,” Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, 2013.
- Krishna Kumar Choudhary, and S.B. Agrawal, “Cultivar specificity of tropical mung bean (Vigna radiata L.) to elevated ultraviolet-B: Changes in antioxidative defense system, nitrogen metabolism and accumulation of jasmonic and salicylic acids,” Environmental and Experimental Botany, 2013.
- Rohanie Maharaj, Joseph Arul, and Paul Nadeau, “UV-C irradiation effects on levels of enzymic and non-enzymic phytochemicals in tomato,” Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies, 2013.
- Natwar Singh, Avinash Mishra, and Bhavanath Jha, “Over-expression of the Peroxisomal Ascorbate Peroxidase (SbpAPX) Gene Cloned from Halophyte Salicornia brachiata Confers Salt and Drought Stress Tolerance in Transgenic Tobacco,” Marine Biotechnology, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 321–332, 2013.
- Liang Yan, Zhanjun Gu, and Yuliang Zhao, “Chemical Mechanisms of the Toxicological Properties of Nanomaterials: Generation of Intracellular Reactive Oxygen Species,” Chemistry-An Asian Journal, vol. 8, no. 10, pp. 2342–2353, 2013.
- Hanan Ahmed Hashem, “Cadmium toxicity induces lipid peroxidation and alters cytokinin content and antioxidant enzyme activities in soybean,” Botany, pp. 131023143816005, 2013.
- Y. Liu, G. Wang, H. Li, F. Ge, C. Chen, D. Liu, and J. Rao, “Overexpression of the glutathione S-transferase gene from Pyrus pyrifolia fruit improves tolerance to abiotic stress in transgenic tobacco plants,” Molecular Biology, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 515–523, 2013.
- V. Ramana Gopavajhula, K. Viswanatha Chaitanya, Jilani P. Shaik, P. Akbar Ali Khan, Mohammad Alanazi, and P. Narasimha Reddy, “Modeling and analysis of soybean (Glycine max. L) Cu/Zn, Mn and Fe superoxide dismutases,” Genetics And Molecular Biology, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 225–236, 2013.
- Jose Angel Hernandez-Viezcas, Jose E. Nunez, Ana Cecilia Barrios, Juan Pedro Flores-Marges, Cyren M. Rico, Maria Isabel Morales, Alejandro Tafoya, Jose R. Peralta-Videa, and Jorge L. Gardea-Torresdey, “Toxicity Assessment of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles in Cilantro (Coriandrum sativum L.) Plants Grown in Organic Soil,” Journal Of Agricultural And Food Chemistry, vol. 61, no. 26, pp. 6224–6230, 2013.
- Myeong Hyeon Wang, and Likun Liu, “Expression and Biological Properties of a Novel Methionine Sulfoxide Reductase A in Tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum),” Protein Journal, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 266–274, 2013.
- Lingrui Zhang, Tim Xing, Jianzong Peng, Shulan Sun, Xiaojing Wang, Yinghua Wang, Lili Zhang, and Gang Chen, “A novel stress-associated protein SbSAP14 from Sorghum bicolor confers tolerance to salt stress in transgenic rice,” Molecular Breeding, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 437–449, 2013.
- You-Cheng Hseu, Show-Huei Chang, Heng-Wei Lo, Hui-Min Wang, Yu-Cheng Tsai, Pin-Chun Hung, Pei-Chun Shen, K. J. Senthil Kumar, Sheng-Yang Wang, Chih-Wei Chou, Hsin-Ling Yang, and Ssu-Ching Chen, “Lucidone protects human skin keratinocytes against free radical-induced oxidative damage and inflammation through the up-regulation of HO-1/Nrf2 antioxidant genes and down-regulation of NF-kappa B signaling pathway,” Food And Chemical Toxicology, vol. 59, pp. 55–66, 2013.
- H. A. Hashem, M. H. El-Deep, A. I. Shouman, and R. A. Hassanein, “Irrigation with industrial wastewater activates antioxidant system and osmoprotectant accumulation in lettuce, turnip and tomato plants,” Ecotoxicology And Environmental Safety, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 144–152, 2013.
- Renata Wojciechowska, Ewa Joanna Hanus-Fajerska, Anna Kolton, Iwona Kaminska, Aneta Grabowska, and Edward Kunicki, “The effect of seedling chilling on glutathione content, catalase and peroxidase activity in Brassica oleracea L. var. italica,” Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae, vol. 82, no. 3, pp. 243–248, 2013.
- Atish Prakash, and Anil Kumar, “Implicating the role of lycopene in restoration of mitochondrial enzymes and BDNF levels in β-amyloid induced Alzheimer's disease,” European Journal of Pharmacology, 2014.
- Guohui Ren, Baoju Wang, Xudong Zhu, Qian Mu, Chen Wang, Ran Tao, and Jinggui Fang, “Cloning, expression, and characterization of miR058 and its target PPO during the development of grapevine berry stone,” Gene, 2014.
- Gaurav Zinta, Hamada AbdElgawad, Malgorzata A. Domagalska, Lucia Vergauwen, Dries Knapen, Ivan Nijs, Ivan A. Janssens, Gerrit T.S. Beemster, and Han Asard, “ Physiological, biochemical, and genome-wide transcriptional analysis reveals that elevated CO 2 mitigates the impact of combined heat wave and drought stress in Arabidopsis thaliana at multiple organizational levels ,” Global Change Biology, 2014.
- Sanghamitra Majumdar, Jose R. Peralta-Videa, Susmita Bandyopadhyay, Hiram Castillo-Michel, Jose-Angel Hernandez-Viezcas, Shivendra Sahi, and Jorge L. Gardea-Torresdey, “Exposure of cerium oxide nanoparticles to kidney bean shows disturbance in the plant defense mechanisms,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2014.
- Javad Gharechahi, Houshang Alizadeh, Mohammad Reza Naghavi, and Golandam Sharifi, “A proteomic analysis to identify cold acclimation associated proteins in wild wheat (Triticum urartu L.),” Molecular Biology Reports, vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 3897–3905, 2014.
- Neelam Chandra, and Nalini Pandey, “Sulfur stress-induced antioxidative responses in leaves of Triticum aestivum L.,” Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, 2014.
- Claudiana Moura dos Santos, Marcelo de Almeida Silva, Giuseppina Pace Pereira Lima, Fernanda Pacheco de Almeida Prado Bortolheiro, Marcela Cristina Brunelli, Lucas Almeida de Holanda, and Rodrigo Oliver, “Physiological Changes Associated with Antioxidant Enzymes in Response to Sugarcane Tolerance to Water Deficit and Rehydration,” Sugar Tech, 2014.
- Lubaina Abdul Hadeef Shereefa, and Kumaraswamy Murugan, “Reactive oxygen species and ascorbate-glutathione interplay in signalling and stress responses in Sesamum orientale L. against Alternaria sesami (Kawamura) Mohanty and Behera,” Journal of the Saudi Society of Agricultural Sciences, 2014.
- A. Rahimian Boogar, H. Salehi, and A. Jowkar, “Exogenous nitric oxide alleviates oxidative damage in turfgrasses under drought stress,” South African Journal of Botany, vol. 92, pp. 78–82, 2014.
- Warunee Chomkitichai, Athiwat Chumyam, Pornchai Rachtanapun, Jamnong Uthaibutra, and Kobkiat Saengnil, “Reduction of reactive oxygen species production and membrane damage during storage of ‘Daw’ longan fruit by chlorine dioxide,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 170, pp. 143–149, 2014.
- Lucia Landi, Erica Feliziani, and Gianfranco Romanazzi, “Expression of Defense Genes in Strawberry Fruits Treated with Different Resistance Inducers,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 62, no. 14, pp. 3047–3056, 2014.
- Kumari Bhoomika, Samantha Pyngrope, and Rama S. Dubey, “Effect of aluminum on protein oxidation, non-protein thiols and protease activity in seedlings of rice cultivars differing in aluminum tolerance,” Journal of Plant Physiology, vol. 171, no. 7, pp. 497–508, 2014.
- Arun Kumar, Anish Kaachra, Shruti Bhardwaj, and Sanjay Kumar, “Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase of Curcuma aromatica is a kinetically stable protein,” Process Biochemistry, 2014.
- M. Filek, M. Łabanowska, J. Kościelniak, J. Biesaga-Kościelniak, M. Kurdziel, I. Szarejko, and H. Hartikainen, “Characterization of Barley Leaf Tolerance to Drought Stress by Chlorophyll Fluorescence and Electron Paramagnetic Resonance Studies,” Journal of Agronomy and Crop Science, 2014.
- Beata P. Plitta, Marcin Michalak, Miroslawa Z. Naskret-Barciszewska, Jan Barciszewski, and Pawel Chmielarz, “DNA methylation of Quercus robur L. plumules following cryo-pretreatment and cryopreservation,” Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture, vol. 117, no. 1, pp. 31–37, 2014.
- Murugesan Chandrasekaran, Sonia Boughattas, Shuijin Hu, Sang-Hyon Oh, and Tongmin Sa, “A meta-analysis of arbuscular mycorrhizal effects on plants grown under salt stress,” Mycorrhiza, 2014.
- Ze Peng Yin, Shuang Li, Jing Ren, and Xing Shun Song, “Role of spermidine and spermine in alleviation of drought-induced oxidative stress and photosynthetic inhibition in Chinese dwarf cherry (Cerasus humilis) seedlings,” Plant Growth Regulation, 2014.
- Gennady V. Pogorelko, Maria Mokryakova, Oksana V. Fursova, Inna Abdeeva, Eleonora S. Piruzian, and Sergey A. Bruskin, “Characterization of three Arabidopsis thaliana immunophilin genes involved in the plant defense response against Pseudomonas syringae,” Gene, vol. 538, no. 1, pp. 12–22, 2014.
- Marina Cvjetko Bubalo, Karla Hanousek, Kristina Radošević, Višnja Gaurina Srček, Tamara Jakovljević, and Ivana Radojčić Redovniković, “Imidiazolium based ionic liquids: Effects of different anions and alkyl chains lengths on the barley seedlings,” Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, vol. 101, pp. 116–123, 2014.
- Sheenam Thatai, Parul Khurana, Surendra Prasad, and Dinesh Kuinar, “A new way in nanosensors: Gold nanorods for sensing of Fe(III) ions in aqueous media,” Microchemical Journal, vol. 113, pp. 77–82, 2014.
- Snigdha Rai, Chhavi Agrawal, Alok Kumar Shrivastava, Prashant Kumar Singh, and L.C. Rai, “Comparative proteomics unveils cross species variations in Anabaena under salt stress,” Journal of Proteomics, vol. 98, pp. 254–270, 2014.
- Krishna Kumar Choudhary, and S. B. Agrawal, “Ultraviolet-B induced changes in morphological, physiological and biochemical parameters of two cultivars of pea (Pisum sativum L.),” Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety, vol. 100, pp. 178–187, 2014.
- Camila D. Medeiros, Jose R. C. Ferreira Neto, Marciel T. Oliveira, Rebeca Rivas, Valesca Pandolfi, Ederson A. Kido, Jose. I. Baldani, and Mauro G. Santos, “Photosynthesis, antioxidant activities and transcriptional responses in two sugarcane (Saccharum officinarum L.) cultivars under salt stress,” Acta Physiologiae Plantarum, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 447–459, 2014.
- Franz-Josef Schmitt, Gernot Renger, Thomas Friedrich, Vladimir D. Kreslavski, Sergei K. Zharmukhamedov, Dmitry A. Los, Vladimir V. Kuznetsov, and Suleyman I. Allakhverdiev, “Reactive oxygen species: Re-evaluation of generation, monitoring and role in stress-signalling in phototrophic organisms,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Bioenergetics, 2014.
- Min-Cheol Kang, Seo Young Kim, Yoon Taek Min, Eun-A. Kim, Seung-Hong Lee, Seok-Chun Ko, W. A. J. P. Wijesinghe, Kalpa W. Samarakoon, Young-Sun Kim, Jin Hun Cho, Hyeang-Su Jang, and You-Jin Jeon, “In vitro and in vivo antioxidant activities of polysaccharide purified from aloe vera (Aloe barbadensis) gel,” Carbohydrate Polymers, vol. 99, pp. 365–371, 2014.
- N.M. Zholobak, A.B. Shcherbakov, A.S. Bogorad-Kobelska, O.S. Ivanova, A.Ye. Baranchikov, N.Ya. Spivak, and V.K. Ivanov, “Panthenol-stabilized cerium dioxide nanoparticles for cosmeceutic formulations against ROS-induced and UV-induced damage,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology B: Biology, vol. 130, pp. 102–108, 2014.
- Hale Gamze Duymuş, Fatih Göger, and K. Hüsnü Can Başer, “In vitro antioxidant properties and anthocyanin compositions of elderberry extracts,” Food Chemistry, 2014.
- Neha S. Mahajan, Manasi Mishra, Vaijayanti A. Tamhane, and Vidya S. Gupta, “Stress inducible proteomic changes in Capsicum annuum leaves,” Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, vol. 74, pp. 212–217, 2014.
- Annamaria Giorgi, Alessandra Manzo, Ilda Vagge, and Sara Panseri, “Effect of Light Environment on Growth and Phenylpropanoids of Yarrow (Achillea collina cv. SPAK) Grown in the Alps,” Photochemistry and Photobiology, vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 113–120, 2014.
- Sheng Cao, “Exploiting Endogenous Cellular Process to Generate Quinone Methides In Vivo,” Current Organic Chemistry, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 70–85, 2014.
- Mirta Tkalec, Petra Peharec Stefanic, Petra Cvjetko, Sandra Sikic, Mirjana Pavlica, and Biljana Balen, “The Effects of Cadmium-Zinc Interactions on Biochemical Responses in Tobacco Seedlings and Adult Plants,” Plos One, vol. 9, no. 1, 2014.
- Mi-Jeong Yoo, and Jonathan F. Wendel, “Comparative Evolutionary and Developmental Dynamics of the Cotton (Gossypium hirsutum) Fiber Transcriptome,” Plos Genetics, vol. 10, no. 1, 2014.
- Nurhidayah Ab. Rahim, Pouya Hassandarvish, Shahram Golbabapour, Salmah Ismail, Saad Tayyab, and Mahmood Ameen Abdulla, “Gastroprotective Effect of Ethanolic Extract of Curcuma xanthorrhiza Leaf against Ethanol-Induced Gastric Mucosal Lesions in Sprague-Dawley Rats,” BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, pp. 1–10, 2014.
- Fardous Mohammad Safiul Azam, “Glutathione-dependent responses of plants to drought: a review,” Acta Societatis Botanicorum Poloniae, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 3–12, 2014.
- Marija Petric, Sladana Jevremovic, Milana Trifunovic, Vojin Tadic, Snezana Milosevic, and Angelina Subotic, “Activity of antioxidant enzymes during induction of morphogenesis of Fritillaria meleagris in bulb scale culture,” Turkish Journal of Biology, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 328–338, 2014.
- Barbara Elisabetta Daresta, Francesca Italiano, Gianluigi de Gennaro, Massimo Trotta, Maria Tutino, and Pasqua Veronico, “Atmospheric particulate matter (PM) effect on the growth of Solanum lycopersicum cv. Roma plants,” Chemosphere, vol. 119, pp. 37–42, 2015.