- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Biophysics
Volume 2009 (2009), Article ID 380967, 17 pages
Tropomyosin Period 3 Is Essential for Enhancement of Isometric Tension in Thin Filament-Reconstituted Bovine Myocardium
1Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
2Department of Neuroscience and Cell Biology, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Received 23 March 2009; Revised 29 May 2009; Accepted 5 July 2009
Academic Editor: P. Bryant Chase
Copyright © 2009 Masataka Kawai et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [11 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Xiaoying Lu, David H. Heeley, Lawrence B. Smillie, and Masataka Kawai, “The role of tropomyosin isoforms and phosphorylation in force generation in thin-filament reconstituted bovine cardiac muscle fibres,” Journal of Muscle Research and Cell Motility, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 93–109, 2010.
- Sarah E. Hitchcock-DeGregori, and Abhishek Singh, “What makes tropomyosin an actin binding protein? A perspective,” Journal of Structural Biology, vol. 170, no. 2, pp. 319–324, 2010.
- Fan Bai, Adam Weis, Aya K. Takeda, P. Bryant Chase, and Masataka Kawai, “Enhanced Active Cross-Bridges during Diastole: Molecular Pathogenesis of Tr opomyosin's HCM Mutations,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 100, no. 4, pp. 1014–1023, 2011.
- Yusuke Oguchi, Junji Ishizuka, Sarah E. Hitchcock-DeGregori, Shin'ichi Ishiwata, and Masataka Kawai, “The Role of Tropomyosin Domains in Cooperative Activation of the Actin–Myosin Interaction,” Journal of Molecular Biology, vol. 414, no. 5, pp. 667–680, 2011.
- D. V. Shchepkin, G. V. Kopylova, and L. V. Nikitina, “Study of reciprocal effects of cardiac myosin and tropomyosin isoforms on a ctin-myosin interaction with in vitro motility assay,” Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 415, no. 1, pp. 104–108, 2011.
- Sayaka Higuchi, Yoshikazu Tsukasaki, Norio Fukuda, Satoshi Kurihara, and Hideaki Fujita, “Thin Filament-Reconstituted Skinned Muscle Fibers for the Study of Muscle Physiology,” Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology, vol. 2011, pp. 1–7, 2011.
- Fan Bai, Heather L. Groth, and Masataka Kawai, “DCM-Related Tropomyosin Mutants E40K/E54K Over-Inhibit the Actomyosin Inter action and Lead to a Decrease in the Number of Cycling Cross-Bridges,” Plos One, vol. 7, no. 10, 2012.
- Fan Bai, and Li Wang, “A study of tropomyosin's role in cardiac function and disease using thin-fi lament reconstituted myocardium,” Journal of Muscle Research and Cell Motility, vol. 34, no. 3-4, pp. 295–310, 2013.
- Fan Bai, Hannah M. Caster, Jose R. Pinto, and Masataka Kawai, “Analysis of the Molecular Pathogenesis of Cardiomyopathy-Causing cTnT Mutants I79N, ΔE96, and ΔK210,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 104, no. 9, pp. 1979–1988, 2013.
- Bipasha Barua, Patricia M. Fagnant, Donald A. Winkelmann, Kathleen M. Trybus, and Sarah E. Hitchcock-DeGregori, “A Periodic Pattern of Evolutionarily Conserved Basic and Acidic Residues Co nstitutes the Binding Interface of Actin-Tropomyosin,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 288, no. 14, pp. 9602–9609, 2013.
- G. V. Kopylova, D. V. Shchepkin, and L. V. Nikitina, “Study of regulatory effect of tropomyosin on actin-myosin interaction in sk eletal muscle by in vitro motility assay,” Biochemistry-Moscow, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 260–266, 2013.