- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Combustion
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 716050, 22 pages
Interactive Combustion in a Linear Array of 2D Laminar Isolated and Triple Burner Jets
1Systems Development & Deployment, Information Systems, 6767 Old Madison Pike, Suite 160, Huntsville, AL 35806, USA
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Received 6 January 2012; Revised 27 May 2012; Accepted 6 June 2012
Academic Editor: Suk Ho Chung
Copyright © 2012 S. T. Tillman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. Van quickenborne and A. Van Tiggelen, “The stabilization mechanism of lifted diffusion flames,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 59–69, 1966.
- G. T. Kalghatgi, “Blow-out stability of gaseous jet diffusion flames. Part I: in still air,” Combustion Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 5-6, pp. 233–239, 1981.
- S. H. Chung and B. J. Lee, “On the characteristics of laminar lifted flames in a nonpremixed jet,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 86, no. 1-2, pp. 62–72, 1991.
- R. Menon and S. R. Gollahalli, “Combustion characteristics of interacting multiple jets in cross flow,” Combustion Science and Technology, vol. 60, no. 4–6, pp. 375–389, 1988.
- A. A. Putnam and C. F. Speich, “A model study of the interaction of multiple turbulent diffusion flames,” Symposium (International) on Combustion, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 867–877, 1963.
- B. Lenze, M. E. Milano, and R. Guenther, “The mutual influence of multiple jet diffusion flames,” Combustion Science and Technology, vol. 11, no. 1-2, pp. 1–8, 1975.
- R. Menon and S. R. Gollahalli, “Multiple jet gas flames in still air,” in Heat Transfer and Fire and Combustion Systems, vol. 45 of HTD, pp. 127–136, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 1985.
- K. Annamalai and M. Sibulkin, “Flame spread over combustible surfaces for laminar flow systems. Part I: excess fuel and heat flux,” Combustion Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 5-6, pp. 167–183, 1979.
- K. Annamalai and T. Tillman, “Mixing, stability, and combustion of 2D and circular laminar jets,” Report CF-98-1, Combustion LaboratoryTexas A&M University, 1998.
- K. Annamali and K. Puri, Combustion Science and Engineering, Taylor & Francis Group, 2007.
- H. Schlicting, Boundary Layer Theory, McGraw-Hill, 1955.
- J. A. Fay, “The distribution of concentration and temperature in a laminar jet diffusion flame,” Journal of Aeronautical Sciences, vol. 21, pp. 681–689, 1954.
- S. T. Tillman, Lift-off and blow-off in gas fired cluster burners [Ph.D. thesis], Texas A&M University, College Station, 2000.
- S. T. Tillman, K. Annamalai, and J. A. Caton, “Effect of interaction on liftoff of non-premixed circular jets,” in Proceedings of the Combustion Institute/Central States Section Meeting, Point Clear, Ala, USA, April 1997.
- V. Siwatch, Modeling of Formation in Circular Laminar Jet Flames [M.S. thesis], Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2005.
- H. H. Chiu and T. M. Liu, “Interactive processes in gasification and combustion. Part I: liquid drop arrays and clouds,” Combustion Science and Technology, vol. 17, no. 3-4, pp. 127–142, 1977.
- K. Annamalai and W. Ryan, “Interactive processes in gasification and combustion. Part I: liquid drop arrays and clouds,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 221–295, 1992.
- R. Menon and S. R. Gollahalli, “Characteristics of interacting multiple jets,” Combustion Science and Technology, vol. 60, no. 4–6, pp. 375–389, 1988.
- B. Lewis and G. von Elbe, Combustion, Flames, and Explosions of Gases, Academic Press, 3rd edition, 1987.
- C. Womeldorf and W. Grosshandler, “Flame extinction limits in CH2F2/air mixtures,” Combustion and Flame, vol. 118, no. 1-2, pp. 25–36, 1999.
- K. Annamalai, W. Ryan, and S. Dhanapalan, “Interactive processes in gasification and combustion-Part III: coal/char particle arrays, streams and clouds,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 487–618, 1994.