- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Journal of Ceramics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 214974, 9 pages
Mineral-Oxide-Doped Aluminum Titanate Ceramics with Improved Thermomechanical Properties
1Center for Ceramic Processing, International Advanced Research Centre for Powder Metallurgy and New Materials (ARCI), Balapur, Hyderabad 500005, India
2School of Engineering Sciences and Technology, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad 500046, India
Received 31 May 2012; Accepted 10 July 2012
Academic Editor: Zhenxing Yue
Copyright © 2013 R. Papitha et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Nagano, S. Nagashima, H. Maeda, and A. Kato, “Sintering behavior of Al2TiO5 base ceramics and their thermal properties,” Ceramics International, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 681–687, 1999.
- G. Bruno, A. M. Efremov, B. R. Wheaton, and J. E. Webb, “Microcrack orientation in porous aluminum titanate,” Acta Materialia, vol. 58, no. 20, pp. 6649–6655, 2010.
- R. Naghizadeh, H. R. Rezaie, and F. Golestani-fard, “The influence of composition, cooling rate and atmosphere on the synthesis and thermal stability of aluminum titanate,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 157, no. 1–3, pp. 20–25, 2009.
- K. Hamano, Y. Ohya, and Z. E. Nakagawa, “Crack propagation resistance of aluminium titanate ceramics,” International Journal of High Technology Ceramics, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 129–137, 1985.
- H. C. Kim, K. S. Lee, O. S. Kweon, C. G. Aneziris, and I. J. Kim, “Crack healing, reopening and thermal expansion behavior of Al2TiO5 ceramics at high temperature,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 27, no. 2-3, pp. 1431–1434, 2007.
- Y. X. Huang and A. M. R. Senos, “Effect of the powder precursor characteristics in the reaction sintering of aluminum titanate,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 99–111, 2002.
- G. Bruno, A. Efremov, B. Wheaton, I. Bobrikov, V. G. Simkin, and S. Misture, “Micro- and macroscopic thermal expansion of stabilized aluminum titanate,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 30, no. 12, pp. 2555–2562, 2010.
- C. H. Chen and H. Awaji, “Temperature dependence of mechanical properties of aluminum titanate ceramics,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 13–18, 2007.
- B. Morosin and R. W. Lynch, “Structure studies on Al2TiO5 at room temperature and at 600°C,” Acta Crystallographica B, vol. 28, pp. 1040–1046, 1972.
- R. D. Skala, D. Li, and I. M. Low, “Diffraction, structure and phase stability studies on aluminium titanate,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 67–75, 2009.
- A. Durán, H. Wohlfromm, and P. Pena, “Study of the behaviour of Al2TiO5 materials in reducing atmosphere by spectroscopic techniques,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 73–80, 1994.
- I. M. Low, Z. Oo, and B. H. O'Connor, “Effect of atmospheres on the thermal stability of aluminium titanate,” Physica B, vol. 385-386, pp. 502–504, 2006.
- V. Buscaglia, P. Nanni, G. Battilana, G. Aliprandi, and C. Carry, “Reaction sintering of aluminium titanate: i-effect of MgO addition,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 411–417, 1994.
- A. Yoleva, S. Djambazo, D. Arseno, and V. Hristo, “Effect of SiO2 addition on thermal hysteresis of aluminum titanate,” Journal of University of Chemical Technology and Metallurgy, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 269–274, 2010.
- H. A. J. Thomas, R. Stevens, and E. Gilbart, “Effect of zirconia additions on the reaction sintering of aluminium titanate,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 26, no. 13, pp. 3613–3616, 1991.
- T. Korim, “Effect of Mg2+- and Fe3+-ions on formation mechanism of aluminium titanate,” Ceramics International, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 1671–1675, 2009.
- J. Lan, C. Xiao-Yan, H. Guo-Ming, and M. Yu, “Effect of additives on properties of aluminium titanate ceramics,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 1574–1579, 2011.
- I. J. Kim, K. S. Lee, and G. Cao, “Low thermal expansion behavior of ZrTiO4-Al2TiO5 ceramics having high thermal durability between 750 and 1400°c,” Key Engineering Materials, vol. 22, pp. 2627–2632, 2002.
- L. Giordano, M. Viviani, C. Bottino, M. T. Buscaglia, V. Buscaglia, and P. Nanni, “Microstructure and thermal expansion of Al2TiO5-MgTi2O5 solid solutions obtained by reaction sintering,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1811–1822, 2002.
- T. Shimada, M. Mizuno, K. Katou et al., “Aluminum titanate-tetragonal zirconia composite with low thermal expansion and high strength simultaneously,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 101–103, no. 1, pp. 1127–1133, 1997.
- P. Oikonomou, C. Dedeloudis, C. J. Stournaras, and C. Ftikos, “Stabilized tialite-mullite composites with low thermal expansion and high strength for catalytic converters,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 27, no. 12, pp. 3475–3482, 2007.
- A. Tsetsekou, “A comparison study of tialite ceramics doped with various materials and tialite-mullite composites: microstructural, thermal and mechanical properties,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 335–348, 2005.
- F. H. Perera, A. Pajares, and J. J. Meléndez, “Strength of aluminium titanate/mullite composites containing thermal stabilizers,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 31, no. 9, pp. 1695–1701, 2011.
- C. G. Shi and I. M. Low, “Use of spodumene for liquid-phase-sintering of aluminium titanate,” Materials Letters, vol. 36, no. 1–4, pp. 118–122, 1998.
- C. G. Shi and I. M. Low, “Effect of spodumene additions on the sintering and densification of aluminum titanate,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 817–824, 1998.